AAL DEBT LOAD-Debt to Equity Ratio

"What matters more is demand"

A strong economy that has helped fuel both leisure travel demand and more lucrative business travel as so far provided cover.

U.S. airlines' net income peaked at a record $26 billion in 2015, the year after oil prices started to crater. But even with more expensive fuel in 2017, U.S. carriers' brought in about $17 billion last year, a 9 percent rise from 2016, according to the Department of Transportation.

"Fuel matters, but what matters more is demand," said Savanthi Syth, airline analyst at Raymond James.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/20/airlines-face-higher-fuel-bills-as-summer-flying-season-approaches.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|story|&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

what happened to roger staubach? if he's not on the board, yes, we will file for BK again.

They dumped Roger for Tiger Woods but when he had his sex scandal they had to dump him too. That’s why AMR went Bankrupt just so you know.

yeah, i wouldn't doubt it. i heard that staubach suggested flight patterns based off dallas cowboy wide receiver routes and that saved crandall millions. no room on the board for tom landry?

pay that man.

yesterday, aa presented at a wolfe research conference. looks like the stock took a hit because aa didn't announce any capacity cuts.

• Wolfe Research updates on the all-important capacity trends in the airline sector.
  • The research firm says domestic seat growth is still tracking at a 4.0% Y/Y pace, comprised of a 4.5% domestic increase and 0.4% international rise.
  • "The lack of capacity cuts for this summer schedule is not a big surprise given the supposedly successful recent price increase and because we expect fuel-driven capacity actions will start in earnest in a couple weeks," advises analyst Hunter Keay.

looks like the airlines implemented a 'supposedly successful' recent price increase.

if jet fuel is weighing in on decision-making, then this analyst expects some action in the next few weeks.

2 billion is not so good if you have 3 billion due in debt and pension obligations in the next 18 months.
I believe Parker said they would keep enough money in the bank in case of a downturn.Tell me do you see Warren Buffet going homeless anytime soon?

I believe Parker said they would keep enough money in the bank in case of a downturn.Tell me do you see Warren Buffet going homeless anytime soon?

Who is Warren Buffet?
Does he manage the Buffet Line at Luby's?

yesterday, aa presented at a wolfe research conference. looks like the stock took a hit because aa didn't announce any capacity cuts.

looks like the airlines implemented a 'supposedly successful' recent price increase.

if jet fuel is weighing in on decision-making, then this analyst expects some action in the next few weeks.

Hunter Keay is a legitimate airline analyst who understands that The Airlines can only increase ticket prices so many times before it will have an effect on demand. Then the fun begins.

Last edited:
Who is Warren Buffet?
Does he manage the Buffet Line at Luby's?
If you Google Warren Buffett, you will find that he has a net worth of $83 BILLION. Only Jeff Bezos who founded Amazon has a higher net worth in the United States (probably in the world).

Warren Buffett is not only a genius investor, he is a modest man who has given billions of dollars to worthy charities. (Note the spelling of his name. Two "t's" at the end.

If you Google Warren Buffett, you will find that he has a net worth of $83 BILLION. Only Jeff Bezos who founded Amazon has a higher net worth in the United States (probably in the world).

Warren Buffett is not only a genius investor, he is a modest man who has given billions of dollars to worthy charities. (Note the spelling of his name. Two "t's" at the end.

Reeled me in another one!

If you look at "AA and Labor Negotiations" #1931 you will find that I already discussed Warren Buffett and the fact He is a majority share holder in DELTA AIRLINES.

Latest posts