AAL DEBT LOAD-Debt to Equity Ratio

Hey here you go Rusty. Little Adam Levine- Weinberg has another AA Hatchet job for you to report.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-wants-more-delta-125500212.html

But the Market isn’t listening to Little Adam, awwwww.

045359BE-7574-4792-A19B-192CC5421E4A.png

Reactions: Rusty Hilock
well, besides the announced '$12 billion' for 100 new airbuses...dl has now signed up for spending $2 billion at lax.

if i don't see any articles on this, i'll assume that dl isn't paying with cash and will use S & H greenstamps to pay for the enhancements and improvements at lax.

delta ceo and didn't blink about higher oil and rising jet fuel prices. short term hit. summer bookings up 8% yoy and dl just handled 3 million passengers over the memorial day weekend, a dl record.

i'm guessing that aa's summer bookings are down 8% and aa handled 33,000 passengers over the memorial day weekend...so we can expect another depressing aa article from the airline wiz, adam from motley fool??

well, besides the announced '$12 billion' for 100 new airbuses...dl has now signed up for spending $2 billion at lax.

if i don't see any articles on this, i'll assume that dl isn't paying with cash and will use S & H greenstamps to pay for the enhancements and improvements at lax.

delta ceo and didn't blink about higher oil and rising jet fuel prices. short term hit. summer bookings up 8% yoy and dl just handled 3 million passengers over the memorial day weekend, a dl record.

i'm guessing that aa's summer bookings are down 8% and aa handled 33,000 passengers over the memorial day weekend...so we can expect another depressing aa article from the airline wiz, adam from motley fool??

This guy from Imperial Capital seems to think differently than Little Adam.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/ai...27863323?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

At least Delta is starting their spending from 8 BILLION IN DEBT instead of AA 25 BILLION.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aa-boeing-787-dreamliner-order-speculation/

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aa-confirms-dreamliner-order-cancels-a350/

American will be buying these Aircraft STARTING with 25 BILLION in Debt .

Its a NO BRAINIER who is STILL in the BETTER FINANCIAL CONDITION.

Even Warren Buffett knows this and is the largest individual fund manager HOLDER of DELTA STOCK.

You probably need to look for another playground.

The NUMBERS DON'T LIE. A lot of you who are challenging my postings are swimming in the RIVER NAMED DENIAL.

Balance Sheet American Airlines Group Inc.
Total Assets
020B40B60B
Mar2017Jun2017Sep2017Dec2017Mar2018
Mar 2018 5-quarter trend
Cash & Short-Term Investment 5.59 B
Total Debt 24.74 B
Total Liabilities 54.30 B
Total Shareholder's Equity -1.02 B
Book Value Per Share -2.18 -

Balance Sheet Delta Air Lines Inc.
Total Assets
020B40B60B
Mar 2018 5-quarter trend
Cash & Short-Term Investment 2.01 B
Total Debt 8.65 B
Total Liabilities 41.52 B
Total Shareholder's Equity 12.56 B
Book Value Per Share 17.88 -

At least Delta is starting their spending from 8 BILLION IN DEBT instead of AA 25 BILLION.

aa just did a full cycle on the entire fleet, including regional.

dl is starting at $8.65 billion. 100 planes for $12 billion and $2 billion for lax, takes us to...hmmmm, $25 billion, that total sounds familiar...and what about another hundred airplanes for dl?

remember, aa can authorize another 1.5 billion shares to raise capital. the stock will go to $1.10/share, but, we'll have no debt.

send an email to the board of directors.

dl is starting at $8.65 billion. 100 planes for $12 billion and $2 billion for lax, takes us to...hmmmm, $25 billion, that total sounds familiar...and what about another hundred airplanes for dl?

remember, aa can authorize another 1.5 billion shares to raise capital. the stock will go to $1.10/share, but, we'll have no debt.

send an email to the board of directors.

Balance Sheet American Airlines Group Inc.
Total Assets
020B40B60B
Mar 2018 5-quarter trend
Cash & Short-Term Investment 5.59 B
Total Debt 24.74 B
Total Liabilities 54.30 B
Total Shareholder's Equity -1.02 B
Book Value Per Share -2.18 -

Balance Sheet Delta Air Lines Inc.
Total Assets
020B40B60B
Mar 2018 5-quarter trend
Cash & Short-Term Investment 2.01 B
Total Debt 8.65 B
Total Liabilities 41.52 B
Total Shareholder's Equity 12.56 B
Book Value Per Share 17.88 -

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

Using your fuzzy math AAL's DEBT will go to 37 BILLION DOLLARS because they recently made an aircraft order with Boeing for 12 BILLION DOLLARS.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aa-confirms-dreamliner-order-cancels-a350/

"Sounds familiar" AAL INCREASING their DEBT / EQUITY RATIO at a much greater rate than DAL.

Last edited:
Well American must be doing something right they upgraded American Airlines stock to buy, and SWA stock to sell because they don't like our capacity growth of 5.6 %, they think it should be lower.

If I were a majority AAL stock holder I would REALLY like the fact that AAL management has used most of the profits for the last 4 years to buyback stock instead of paying off debt.

Last edited: