AAL DEBT LOAD-Debt to Equity Ratio

Speaking of........ DL has its own refinery and yet rising fuel costs are going to hit them hard.
So how does AA fare with NO refinery?
https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/03/news/companies/delta-fuel-prices/index.html

personally, i applauded and applaud delta for at least taking the initiative. attempting to stem some bleeding.

i'll guess that when oil was in the $30s...the refinery was a loser due to maintenance costs.

of course, that was the time to hedge, but what do we know?

Well another Sunday hit job on AA by young Adam Levine. I was fortunate enough to leave the first comment on his posting.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-investors-just-got-144500084.html

good stuff. adam and your yahoo dal investor buddy are delusional thinking that the retail investor can drive a stock price. maybe the stocks with 5 letters...OTC garbage.

when a few hedge fund managers golf together and decide to rotate out of this sector into that sector, some stocks get torpedoed and other stocks rise substantially.

we'll wait for adam's next article, probably ready to rock and roll after aa's earnings.

united told us that they 'recovered' 75% of q2's jet fuel increase from higher fares.

delta told us that they 'recovered' 2/3 of q2's jet fuel increase. i guess that means 66%.

q2 also meant an additional $400 million into dl's profit sharing program and $23 million for it's 'shared rewards' program.

i wonder if aa will give the same concise statistic.

i do expect aa to tell us that it set aside a whopping $60 million into aa's profit sharing program. i'm basing this on apprx. $1.2 billion pre-tax profit for the quarter.

we'll see.

so, q2 '18 came out and was disappointing, to say the least.

top line missed, bottom line beat...but after special items, we were apprx. $600 million behind dl for the quarter..on par with ua. $1 billion for the quarter, i believe dl was at $1.6 billion, before their special items.

aa put in $63 million into our profit sharing - a number i expected...while dl put in $400 million.

case closed. problems at the lower levels and problems at the highest levels. the airline that got too big. too many coasting in and out of work everyday, only here for a paycheck.

i also did not hear nor read the conference call, no idea if aa even told us how much q2's fuel hit was offset by higher fares - as dl & ua did, if aa's hit was offset at all.

if the fuel hit wasn't offset, i'd have to say our leadership is not leading. nothing innovative and stuck in the mud, as opposed to dl & ua.

so, q2 '18 came out and was disappointing, to say the least.

top line missed, bottom line beat...but after special items, we were apprx. $600 million behind dl for the quarter..on par with ua. $1 billion for the quarter, i believe dl was at $1.6 billion, before their special items.

aa put in $63 million into our profit sharing - a number i expected...while dl put in $400 million.

case closed. problems at the lower levels and problems at the highest levels. the airline that got too big. too many coasting in and out of work everyday, only here for a paycheck.

i also did not hear nor read the conference call, no idea if aa even told us how much q2's fuel hit was offset by higher fares - as dl & ua did, if aa's hit was offset at all.

if the fuel hit wasn't offset, i'd have to say our leadership is not leading. nothing innovative and stuck in the mud, as opposed to dl & ua.
From what I see they have too many employees too many managers too many vendors need to cut this back. Massive buyout layoff what ever.

Well another Sunday hit job on AA by young Adam Levine. I was fortunate enough to leave the first comment on his posting.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-investors-just-got-144500084.html

adam is at it again...no real surprise.

he now calls aa a 'train wreck'. oh-oh. aa has derailed and is on a course for a $3 billion profit for 2018 and we're a train wreck.

if we were to earn $2 billion this year, we'd probably be a ship wreck.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/6e2...146dc0fd81a4/ss_american-airlines-group,.html

adam is at it again...no real surprise.

he now calls aa a 'train wreck'. oh-oh. aa has derailed and is on a course for a $3 billion profit for 2018 and we're a train wreck.

if we were to earn $2 billion this year, we'd probably be a ship wreck.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/6e209551-7b7f-3d39-ad28-146dc0fd81a4/ss_american-airlines-group,.html

I saw it early this morning. I’m assuming next week little Adam will be trying to convince everyone that AA is preparing for a liquidation process. SMH.

He owns share of DL. No one should be expecting anything different from him.

He also noted that AA’s results themselves weren’t bad, but rather were only bad when compared to UA & DL (paraphrasing). Guess that doesn’t make for a good title, though.

He owns share of DL. No one should be expecting anything different from him.

He also noted that AA’s results themselves weren’t bad, but rather were only bad when compared to UA & DL (paraphrasing). Guess that doesn’t make for a good title, though.

aa did a poor/non-existent job of telling the investor-world of how they combated the jet fuel price spike in q2.

adam says ua is wiping aa's a$$ all over the usa, but that doesn't make sense to me. ua said they offset 75% of q2's jet fuel spike with higher fares. if so, aa would have done the same - raise fares substantially - in markets such as ord-lax-dca.

so, ua raised fares where they compete with aa and aa did not??

aa didn't brag about how they offset anything. maybe the frontiers, spirits and southwests kept fares down in markets they compete with aa and aa wasn't able to raise fares.