AAL Downgrades and 1Q20 Earnings

Do you think anyone could see this happen? You might hate the guy,but you can't hold him or anyone to this
I couldn't agree more, and the quotes of his statement are getting old. Was it a foolish thing to say, absolutely, but nobody in the world could have seen this situation coming. Parker made that statement based on the projected trends that the entire industry was looking at. Given the past problems that the industry had gone through, the future did look pretty bright for all of us.

I couldn't agree more, and the quotes of his statement are getting old. Was it a foolish thing to say, absolutely, but nobody in the world could have seen this situation coming. Parker made that statement based on the projected trends that the entire industry was looking at. Given the past problems that the industry had gone through, the future did look pretty bright for all of us.
did anybody see 9/11 coming? most of senior management is former Northwest they exploited sars. foolish? absolutely. you never know what life brings to say something like that in the context of trying to get the stock price to rise... because well its got nothing to do with stock compensation... it had nothing to do with the profits other then personal profit. its very similar to having 3 dui's and betting a bottle of wine on the stock price. the lack of judgement and accountabilty kind of shows where we are as a company and a society. yes everyone deserves a second chance, but a third a forth?

I read buffet did. He is accurate. Also Etihad and Emirates both stated they dont expect pre virus levels for 3 yrs. Which is on par with what DL stated. Now AA is going to block some seats n potentially curb nonrev travel. Even if there a vaccine come say January middle flu season n this virus were to be more severe Im curious to see if they wld shut down airspacewould for up to a month? If so wld it help or hurt? So many unknowns
Shutting down would be the worst thing to do.
That would just feed the fear of those not wanting to travel.
If they did that all the airlines might as well just liquidate
What needs to happen is the damn media needs to stop feeding the fear of the virus which has been found not to be near as serious as what was first thought.
Sure it seems a bit more contagious but now there are anti virals and maybe more coming

I can see more government help in the fall but it probably won’t have the same payroll or furlough protection.
The executives will tell them we have to furlough but we still need liquidity to stay in business.
Just my guess

I see no way the House agrees to anything for the airlines without worker protection, so that may kill any attempts at a third round of “help” in the fall.

Can someone explain this?
Spending money you don't have to make money in the future only if things get better. To me it's another bad decision by USAIR/AmericaWest management.

https://simpleflying.com/american-continues-retrofits/
Not exactly sure this is all bad, since in the near term if the center seats remain empty then that’s a few more seats per aircraft that can be sold, and as stated this is about making the fleet all the same which does create fewer issues for scheduling

I think the thing to watch over the next 3-4 weeks is vacation bookings. I don't see business travel suddenly picking up in the summer months. The Summer time drop in business travel bookings has always been "covered" by vacation business. Parents may be a bit skittish about possibly exposing their children to Covid-19. Also, imagine how long the lines will be at Disney World if they try to maintain the 6 ft. social distance.
Again I'm looking at bookings everyday ( in between destroying my liver) And in a 24 hour period the bookings went up by 5000 passengers for that specific day and I'm sure there were people still cancelling and getting refunds.Though a fraction of what it used to be, bookings are definitely inching up.

I wonder if the increase in bookings is a result of the expiration of the governor's shelter in place restrictions. If it is I'm afraid that if the Covid-19 infections start increasing again, I think so will cancellations. There seemed to be a consensus of opinion here in Dallas that the shelter in place orders are being lifted too soon. Even though restaurants are now free to have sit down customers, very few are doing it. Most are doing takeouts only.

I wonder if the increase in bookings is a result of the expiration of the governor's shelter in place restrictions. If it is I'm afraid that if the Covid-19 infections start increasing again, I think so will cancellations. There seemed to be a consensus of opinion here in Dallas that the shelter in place orders are being lifted too soon. Even though restaurants are now free to have sit down customers, very few are doing it. Most are doing takeouts only.
In my opinion this means more to traffic than just about anything. We can't expect a true number of bookings until all restrictions are lifted. That may never happen. Who knows? There's no reason to go, if there's nothing to do when you get there. Weddings. funerals, graduations, all the things people would travel for on top of vacation spots are stopped. I like seeing any uptick in numbers, but there are only so many people going to see relatives or what not. Until something changes for the better here...in this industry...we're screwed!

It’s likely we won’t see passenger numbers return to near normal till next summer.
It’s truly sad what this virus has done to so many things

Yep, if materials and dock time were paid for, might as well put the airframe thru the mod... might make the airplane more marketable for resale...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.’ (George Santayana-1905). In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Winston Churchill changed the quote slightly when he said (paraphrased), "Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."

Not judgin. Just sayin. :rolleyes:

no clue how this pertains to what was debated, except you're talking about yourself?

no bk for aa by oct. 2020. the govt. made sure of that.

you're still insisting that aa may file BK in august of 2020 because of it's debt?

Latest posts