AA's operational performance already suffering?

I guess you checked up on the LH cabin crew agreement not to strike for 6 weeks.

Should cover the period for your trip.

Mensa convention? ;)

To blame management you have to have some type of management. That's not what we have. What we have are a bunch of incompetants throwing out a plan hoping it works. In a service industry you need motivated people. That we don't have there is zero trust and confidence in any plan they come up with.

Reactions: 1 person
Go ahead and blame management for whatever they've done to you, but the moment you start using customers as leverage, you lose all sympathy from me.

We never had any sympathy from you to begin with so we have nothing to lose.

Besides, you make a claim that SOMETHING is going on, but failed to say what it is. Are we doing something illegal? If so, where is the court injunction?

60 days to election.... Has anyone heard a single politician state he/she would do something about foreign outsourcing of American aviation maintenance jobs?

Hey Lloyd, what was the last thing you bought that was Union Made in America ? Be honest now, hard to do right. Well you can't save just the big ticket jobs. You have to save the little jobs too like those found in Union stores not the Walmart.

There are more US flags waving ( later burned ) in foreign countries, than on Main Street USA, why is that ?

Loyalty, Lloyd people just don't just don't give a Mitt, anymore. Most are just as greedy as those corporate officers that so called Union brothers pretend to loathe.

American travelers just don't give a Mitt, about your job so why should the politicians.
Travelers just want a rock bottom fare, no matter who take them there. They just go online and buy the lowest price, just the same way you walk into Walmart. Sad but true.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen:

Maybe one of you can explain what is it you're hoping to accomplish by devaluing the brand. Are you hoping that management will simply give up, and hand the keys to Doug Parker?

If that's the plan, God help all of you, because you're gonna need it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

E, can you please explain why handing the keys over to Doug Parker would be so detrimental to AA? I am asking because AA seems to be in a real death spiral at this point. And I have to say IMHO that the AA stand alone plan will deprive the company of the extra 13 billion dollars a year in revenue that AA just might be able to use to survive without having to make that second trip to the bk court.

I don't doubt that you have considerable experience in airline management, but, with all due respect... AA has a problem that cannot be fixed without garnering at least an extra 13 billion in extra revenue very quickly. Do you really think AA's stand alone plan (complete with worse labor relations than any other airline while the company awaits the new A/C to roll very slowly off the assembly lines) will still look like a good plan when you have DL, UA, and US all continuing the assault on the very weak carcass that is the new AA? I just don't see AA coming out of BK as a stand alone entity with much time to generate the profits to successfully compete over the long run with the two mega carriers we have now.

Doug Parker and US are in a very good position to provide AA with the life support the company needs to avoid going back into BK. Because if AA does do a second trip then it will only be a matter of time before DL, UA, US and even WN may be faced with having to continue the race to bottom and go back into BK themselves. Is this really how we want to conduct aviation policy here in the US? Don't you think that at some point airlines need to earn real and sustainable profits in order to cover the cost of capital expenses? A merger with US is the only way the entire industry is going to actually become stable.

So, I ask once again, why do you think that a merger with profitable, stable, well ran, US will be worse for AA and the employee's than this ridiculous notion of a third rate AA coming out of BK with barely a shred of hope of getting the revenues to compete with DL and UA?

Oh, and one thing no one has discussed too much on here is what if AA does go over the cliff, it could be argued that all US really needs from AA is the Chicago and Miami hubs. And if all the surviving airlines pick the carcass clean then exactly what kind of victory does that represent for all the thousands of hard working AA employees?

So, I believe the unions at AA are right in trying to force a merger with US because they all see the same logic.

eolesen:

Maybe one of you can explain what is it you're hoping to accomplish by devaluing the brand. Are you hoping that management will simply give up, and hand the keys to Doug Parker?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

E, can you please explain why handing the keys over to Doug Parker would be so detrimental to AA? I am asking because AA seems to be in a real death spiral at this point. And I have to say IMHO that the AA stand alone plan will deprive the company of the extra 13 billion dollars a year in revenue that AA just might be able to use to survive without having to make that second trip to the bk court.

I don't doubt that you have considerable experience in airline management, but, with all due respect... AA has a problem that cannot be fixed without garnering at least an extra 13 billion in extra revenue very quickly. Do you really think AA's stand alone plan (complete with worse labor relations than any other airline while the company awaits the new A/C to roll very slowly off the assembly lines) will still look like a good plan when you have DL, UA, and US all continuing the assault on the very weak carcass that is the new AA? I just don't see AA coming out of BK as a stand alone entity with much time to generate the profits to successfully compete over the long run with the two mega carriers we have now.

Doug Parker and US are in a very good position to provide AA with the life support the company needs to avoid going back into BK. Because if AA does do a second trip then it will only be a matter of time before DL, UA, US and even WN may be faced with having to continue the race to bottom and go back into BK themselves. Is this really how we want to conduct aviation policy here in the US? Don't you think that at some point airlines need to earn real and sustainable profits in order to cover the cost of capital expenses? A merger with US is the only way the entire industry is going to actually become stable.

So, I ask once again, why do you think that a merger with profitable, stable, well ran, US will be worse for AA and the employee's than this ridiculous notion of a third rate AA coming out of BK with barely a shred of hope of getting the revenues to compete with DL and UA?

Oh, and one thing no one has discussed too much on here is what if AA does go over the cliff, it could be argued that all US really needs from AA is the Chicago and Miami hubs. And if all the surviving airlines pick the carcass clean then exactly what kind of victory does that represent for all the thousands of hard working AA employees?

So, I believe the unions at AA are right in trying to force a merger with US because they all see the same logic.
I just want to give my two cents on the potential merger with US Air, and why it's going to be disastrous for both companies, and it's employees. It's my belief that AA changed for the worse after they bought TWA. Trying to integrate reservation systems, work groups, schedules, airplanes, all come with a cost. AA was a powerhouse airline up until TWA. Look what remains of the old TWA.....MCI...gone, STL hub, gone, TWA 757, 767...gone, most TWA workers, gone. So, what did AA really get out of that purchase?? I'm now at the new United....and I see the same problems with the integration with CAL. What airlines do get out of the mergers is integrated management styles that have different philosophies. Not to say that TWA management was bad......but, they brought over the TWA way of running an airline....and they ran TWA into the ground, and they did the same thing at AA.

Nope, it's pretty clear there's a group of employees with a "burn the place down" type attitude who have decided that it's time to take hostages in their battle.

Go ahead and blame management for whatever they've done to you, but the moment you start using customers as leverage, you lose all sympathy from me.

Worse, you've lost my business.

I booked a trip late last week in business class to Europe. I'm now rebooked on LH instead.

Why? If you can't be bothered to be professionals, you don't need my business.

So please, do a little victory dance if you want. But to be clear, it's not a victory. AA can't afford to be losing a single customer right now. UA's operation seems to be back under control.

Trust me, it's no loss to me -- I'll still get where I need to be, and I'll still earn miles. Just not with AA.

Same thing for other customers. You'll piss a few off who didn't know any better, but I'm not the only one re-evaluating whether to rebook AA or not.

When the schedule gets cut back, the only ones you're punishing are your co-workers. It's not a loss to management -- their paychecks don't shrink as the airline shrinks, and you can't punish their stock options.

And you wonder why employees at AA have the additute of "burn the place down." If American management would have spent as much effort in the last 10 years as it has on trying to figure out how to screw over ever employees. This airline would be in different shape. Every employee at AA in the last 10 years have seen what management has done to turn this airline around. COMPLETELY NOTHING. So until that management mentality changes at the end of the runway you will continue to have the addituted of BURN THE PLACE DOWN. Oh and whats really funny. Management has gotten everything they could possibly want from all the Unions and management is still wants to play games with the employees.....So I do not feel one bit sorry for this airline. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW..

Reactions: 2 people
I just want to give my two cents on the potential merger with US Air, and why it's going to be disastrous for both companies, and it's employees. It's my belief that AA changed for the worse after they bought TWA. Trying to integrate reservation systems, work groups, schedules, airplanes, all come with a cost. AA was a powerhouse airline up until TWA. Look what remains of the old TWA.....MCI...gone, STL hub, gone, TWA 757, 767...gone, most TWA workers, gone. So, what did AA really get out of that purchase?? I'm now at the new United....and I see the same problems with the integration with CAL. What airlines do get out of the mergers is integrated management styles that have different philosophies. Not to say that TWA management was bad......but, they brought over the TWA way of running an airline....and they ran TWA into the ground, and they did the same thing at AA.

AA management destroyed AA, and the value it got with TWA, all by thier little old selves.

"brought over the TWA way"?????

Hardly, and you know not of. What you speak

This so-called "merger" is not intended to benefit anyone but Centrepork and Tempe. If it actually does occur, there will be, I feel, a second trip to the courts with another bankruptcy filing within two years to finish what was started by Tommy boy this time in addition to cleaning up the mess at LCC that Parker's not dealt with yet - but those butt nuggets will be long gone, counting their payouts leaving the combination to even less experienced people, if that's possible.

I still consider my amt colleagues at AA....professionals. Do you blame the workers for being angry? Angry, at the union, and management? It certainly wasn't their fault for AA's demise, was it? Management made the bad decision to take from the employees. That was the worst thing an employer can do. It brings instant resentment towards the employer....and especially when they see management reward themselves with bonuses at a time when the company was knee deep in debt. Angry because the union sold them the goods.....promoting working together and shared sacrifice bogus slogans. Angry because the company dragged their feet at the table with the union's help. Angry because they now had to pay a greater price for management's screw up. Do you really blame the employee....or employer. AA should have downsized back in 2003. Instead, they stole from the same people you call unprofessional.....the same one's you expect to jump threw hoops to get you out on-time. WE (amt's) used to go the extra mile......not gonna happen when you steal from me to pay yourself. Let that be a lesson taught in business school. Good businessmen don't steal from people that interact directly with their customers. AA's learning a hard lesson after making a BIG mistake.

Nope, it's pretty clear there's a group of employees with a "burn the place down" type attitude who have decided that it's time to take hostages in their battle.

Worse, you've lost my business.

I booked a trip late last week in business class to Europe. I'm now rebooked on LH instead.

So please, do a little victory dance if you want. But to be clear, it's not a victory. AA can't afford to be losing a single customer right now. UA's operation seems to be back under control.

Trust me, it's no loss to me -- I'll still get where I need to be, and I'll still earn miles. Just not with AA.

Same thing for other customers. You'll piss a few off who didn't know any better, but I'm not the only one re-evaluating whether to rebook AA or not.

When the schedule gets cut back, the only ones you're punishing are your co-workers. It's not a loss to management -- their paychecks don't shrink as the airline shrinks, and you can't punish their stock options.

AA mgmt has decided to take hostages

AA mgmt has decided to blame every thing and every one else for thier failures

AA mgmt has decided to use customers s leverage

AA mgmt lost your business, and, they Do Not Care

If AA mgmt can't be bothered to treat its employees like adults, much less professionals, then they w ill probably get exactly what they pay for--safe, professional operation of the aircraft. They probably won't see much of the "going above and beyond" that we were all hired for, and the day to day operation depends upon.

What did AA mgmt intend by thier continuing devaluing of the brand?

If AA cuts schedule because of nonexistent large numbers of retirements, or false claims of high sick rates, they are not only lying,mand again falsely blaming others for thier failures, thy are the ones choosing to hurt the other employees. Again, they Do Not Care

It is probably a real good idea to make travel plans that don't involve AA, for awhile. Not what any of us want, but that is what AA mgmt has chosen. Again, they Do Not Care about you.

God helps those that help themselves, they say

When Bob Crandall left the building ..he should have turned out the lights.

AMR was finished by bad management decisions and stubborn unions long before TWA.

bad management, yes.....stubborn union, no.....just a union without direction. And, TWA didn't help matters.

the root cause behind the dissention was the rewarding of bonuses....while everyone else took it in the shorts. And, that was with the union's blessing! Talk about a major "f" up.