About this pandemic

116797795_10214335704780948_1741046950123723815_n.jpg

Try to keep up. You posted the same nonsense a month ago, got torn to pieces since it was false, so you post it again.

Your Facebook friends must laugh at you as much as we do.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/hydroxychloroquine-oral-tablet#side-effects

Hydroxychloroquine and a related drug, chloroquine, have been under study as possible treatments for COVID-19 (the illness caused by the new coronavirus). However, the FDA has just revoked its emergency use authorization for these two drugs. This is because the drugs may not be effective in treating COVID-19, and their risks may outweigh their potential benefits for this use. Do not use these medications to treat COVID-19 unless your doctor recommends that you do so.

It isn’t fully understood how this drug works to treat lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritis. However, it’s believed that this drug affects how your immune system works, which may be a benefit in lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.

I don't know anything about Hydroxychloroquine. When I had COVID they treated with with Remdesivir (an antiviral medication) and convalescent plasma.

I don't know that this medication would be worth the side effects given there are other treatment options available.

Hydroxychloroquine side effects

Hydroxychloroquine oral tablet doesn’t cause drowsiness, but it can cause other side effects.

More common side effects
The more common side effects that can occur with hydroxychloroquine include:

• headache
  • dizziness
  • stomach cramps
  • vomiting
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if they’re more severe or don’t go away.

Serious side effects

Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

• blurred vision or other vision changes, which may be permanent in some cases
  • heart disease, including heart failure and issues with your heart rhythm; some cases have been fatal
  • ringing in your ears or hearing loss
  • angioedema (rapid swelling of your skin)
  • hives
  • mild or severe bronchospasm
  • sore throat
  • severe hypoglycemia
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • blue-black skin color
  • muscle weakness
  • hair loss or changes in hair color
  • abnormal mood changes
  • mental health effects, including suicidal thoughts

I started feeling better within 5 to 6 hours of the Remdesivir and convalescent plasma. That seems pretty effective to me. Given the effectiveness of that treatment I just don't know that I would be willing to risk all the side effects of Hydroxychloroquine.

Last edited: