AFA Files Suit In Federal Court

Then call the vote already, why the stalling tactics?

So there is no recession? Oil didn't peak out at a all time high? Have we not read the news lately???

Strange, in the past AFA was against DOH, but now all of a sudden has switched positions. Go figure.

By stalling the process only puts the whells in motion to an already growing support for an independent employee union (as well as others) to backdoor AFA and lose them altogether.

DAPOES !!

It is clear, being the idealogue that you are, you do NOT read posts where others have already answered you. You only come on here and bellow your position; that's not having a dialogue. Two of your (false) assertions have been answered (and disproved) already, yet here you go again!

Once again:

1. The AFA can NOT call an election until the NMB has declared that NW and DL are a single transportation system. This has not happened yet for the 100th time! This is different from the DL election of last spring where the election was called after the threshold of 35% was met with cards signed. This follows NMB procedures for a unionized airline merging with a non-unionized one.

2. As Wings already pointed out to you, AFA has had a DOH policy since 1986!!!!!!
Where do you get your information that they were against it, now they are for it??

You really are making yourself look the fool---I say if you're not going to come on this site and offer constructive dialogue, instead of trumped-up, phony charges that have been answered already, it is best that you be ignored. Personally, I think you're becoming a waste of everyone's time because you're only posting; you're not reading and/or absorbing information given to you.

we have been in a recession for some time, it is just recently being labeled officially a "recession", which is probably why
you needed to merge with a cash rich company, in order to protect all our careers going forward. so could you please take that into
consideration and attempt to come across a little more delightful instead of being a "stick in the mud"(yes, I understand that is a little harsh, but feel
it must be communicated to you).

Thank you.

Its ok, ive been called worse. :lol:

What's wrong with sitting down and talking about it?

Nothing, as long as it's "unofficial." In fact, I think this is already happening, is it not?

As far as formal talks go, it's against federal law.

Can't answer the question Kev? Let me explain it to you like I have previously.

To bastardize one of your sayings, "it's already been answered by others."

Furthermore, I did answer, albeit with a rhetorical question, which, as usual, you ignored.

What that means Kev is that the AFA feels confident enough with calling elections with other airlines

Again, what do Lynx & RyanAir *specifically* have to do with NW/DL? How they "feel" about an election (and again, you're assuming things) at other carriers is separate from this one. This would be like me comparing the drive at CO with the one here. In other words, a fun talking point, but utterly irrelevant.

Plus you can guarantee if it ever does pass that it will be hit with numerous legal challenges.

I don't guarantee anything, except that I find nothing as unctuous as premature gloating.

Also consider after the GM/UAW debacle the unions have a major PR problem on their hands and have fallen out of favor from one time dem supporters, constituents and the populous as a whole.

The UAW's "PR problems" are tea in the ocean compared to the CEO's issues. The fact is, in this country it's ridiculously convenient to debase union workers. It's always their fault, right? Surely you know enough about the UAW to look beyond the soundbites and see the real story, right?

Anyway, the UAW has *nothing* to do with the AFA drive at DL. What is it with you? Don't your arms get tired from throwing all these red herrings?

I believe AFA has made it pretty clear that once the NMB finds that Delta + NW are a single carrier it will file an election. Beings that the NMB has not done that yet, whats the need to file right away?

Exactly. Except that Dapoes demands it, so obviously it must be put on the front burner at once. :rolleyes:

What stalling tactics? What stalling tactics?

Are you saying that you take one woman's opinion (read your SLTrib article again, if you need clarification) as representative of the AFA's stance as a whole?

So there is no recession? Oil didn't peak out at a all time high? Have we not read the news lately???

red-herring_color.jpg

"We" read it all the time. It's times like this that a CBA is more essential than ever.

Strange, in the past AFA was against DOH, but now all of a sudden has switched positions. Go figure.

I thought that was disproved a few pages ago? Mid-eighties rings a bell to me...

Is an independent union something you're into? Is that why you're so anti-AFA? Just curious....

Dapoes:

It's clear you choose to ignore the facts over and over again ....

AFA will petition the NMB for a representational election once DAL has met the criteria for a 'single transportation system'. They intend to follow the letter of the law where this issue is concerned.

I support representation as a FA with over thirty years seniority - I've had the protection my entire airline career. You fail to heed the warnings of NWA employees who continue to say this is not 'MY DELTA' anymore.

Former NWA executives are now running this company and they don't play "nice". If you refuse to 'get it', that's your problem. But, the rest of us are going to try our best to protect our careers through representation, so that we don't find ourselves in a situation (later) where the DAL employees say 'we had no idea the DAL Leadership Team would do this'.

You truly wear blinders - what a shame for you and your coworkers. It makes me wonder just what's in it for you? Maybe you are a part of that small group of DAL FAs who have a 'special' arrangement with management? Maybe you should just stick to posting on www.deltafa.org. There doesn't seem to be much activity on that site these days.

As far as formal talks go, it's against federal law.

No it is not actually.

Again, what do Lynx & RyanAir *specifically* have to do with NW/DL? How they "feel" about an election (and again, you're assuming things) at other carriers is separate from this one. This would be like me comparing the drive at CO with the one here. In other words, a fun talking point, but utterly irrelevant.

It is very relevant as shows the AFA is picking/chosing their battles with prejudice.

I don't guarantee anything, except that I find nothing as unctuous as premature gloating.

Well you can guarantee if the EFCA does pass, it will be quashed pretty quickly with mountains of lawsuits.

The UAW's "PR problems" are tea in the ocean compared to the CEO's issues. The fact is, in this country it's ridiculously convenient to debase union workers. It's always their fault, right? Surely you know enough about the UAW to look beyond the soundbites and see the real story, right?

Anyway, the UAW has *nothing* to do with the AFA drive at DL. What is it with you? Don't your arms get tired from throwing all these red herrings?

Unions in general have a major PR problem as a result of UAW. Peoples/public opinion will never discern between each individually union.

What stalling tactics? What stalling tactics?

Are you saying that you take one woman's opinion (read your SLTrib article again, if you need clarification) as representative of the AFA's stance as a whole?

It is not hers alone, but AFA as a whole. Only after that article did they suddenly change their reasons.

"We" read it all the time. It's times like this that a CBA is more essential than ever.

No CBA in the world will protect anyone from dire times as we are facing. Just look at the UAW as they are preparing to gut their workforce.

Is an independent union something you're into? Is that why you're so anti-AFA? Just curious....

With all things being equal, I would rather have an independent then AFA.

Dapoes:

It's clear you choose to ignore the facts over and over again ....

AFA will petition the NMB for a representational election once DAL has met the criteria for a 'single transportation system'. They intend to follow the letter of the law where this issue is concerned.

I support representation as a FA with over thirty years seniority - I've had the protection my entire airline career. You fail to heed the warnings of NWA employees who continue to say this is not 'MY DELTA' anymore.

Former NWA executives are now running this company and they don't play "nice". If you refuse to 'get it', that's your problem. But, the rest of us are going to try our best to protect our careers through representation, so that we don't find ourselves in a situation (later) where the DAL employees say 'we had no idea the DAL Leadership Team would do this'.

You truly wear blinders - what a shame for you and your coworkers. It makes me wonder just what's in it for you? Maybe you are a part of that small group of DAL FAs who have a 'special' arrangement with management? Maybe you should just stick to posting on www.deltafa.org. There doesn't seem to be much activity on that site these days.

And give up all the stimulating debate/conversations happening here? This is much more amusing.

No it is not actually.

Are you sure?

It is very relevant as shows the AFA is picking/chosing their battles with prejudice.

Maybe in your mind, but that's not the reality.

Well you can guarantee if the EFCA does pass, it will be quashed pretty quickly with mountains of lawsuits.

No, I don't "guarantee" anything. I mentioned this only a post ago. Do you have short term memory issues? Let me know; I'll try and keep them in mind when posting.

Unions in general have a major PR problem as a result of UAW. Peoples/public opinion will never discern between each individually union.

No, unions have a PR problem because they are an easy scapegoat. People like you who traffic in stereotypes do nothing to remedy that. I could go on and on about why the decent wages earned by union members are essential to the community (including to the business owners that generally tend to frown on unions), but that's for another day.

Of course, what people also forget is that CBAs are signed by *both* the union and management. That's why it's called an "agreement."

It is not hers alone, but AFA as a whole. Only after that article did they suddenly change their reasons.

Proof, please.

No CBA in the world will protect anyone from dire times as we are facing. Just look at the UAW as they are preparing to gut their workforce.

A CBA protects the masses-as well as outlining their options should the worst happen-FAR more than some oblique "policies and procedures ever will.

With all things being equal, I would rather have an independent then AFA.

And there we finally have it. Hallelujah!

And give up all the stimulating debate/conversations happening here? This is much more amusing.

So, you don't answer the mountain of evidence which disproves your claims, but come back with this silly retort?

Folks, this just proves that Dapoes is nothing but an internet troll who is just trying to stir things up on sites such as this one. I would say it's time to put her on IGNORE. It would be for the betterment of this board and for the serious issues that lie before our work groups. This is not a time to entertain trolls but a time for open communication, learning and dialogue. I'm all for dissenting opinions, but not this silliness.

So, you don't answer the mountain of evidence which disproves your claims, but come back with this silly retort?

Folks, this just proves that Dapoes is nothing but an internet troll who is just trying to stir things up on sites such as this one. I would say it's time to put her on IGNORE. It would be for the betterment of this board and for the serious issues that lie before our work groups. This is not a time to entertain trolls but a time for open communication, learning and dialogue. I'm all for dissenting opinions, but not this silliness.

Maybe its just that you and others here don't like to hear opposing views perhaps? And the mountain of evidence you speak of is more like mountains of opinions.

I find you fascinatingly interesting, as you invoke an unusual ability to capture attention..(the same type of attention when I visited the zoological gardens and viewed
the lizard tank)

Thats something!

;)

Stop trying to butter me up you smooth talker you! :lol:

Dapoes writes:

"And give up all the stimulating debate/conversations happening here? This is much more amusing."

"With all things being equal, I would rather have an independent then AFA."

Interesting that you find all of this "amusing". To the rest of us - these issues are important because we are talking about our future at the 'new' Delta.

You really don't get it, do you? The upcoming representational election isn't about voting for AFA. The name of the union could be called the 'Pink Flamingo Club' for all I care .....

The issue at hand is that we need representation - period. And AFA-CWA just happens to be the union that represents the NWA FAs (which is why an election will be held).

Hello???? You need to start focusing on the big picture here. Vote FOR union representation now and worry about which union represents us later ....

Maybe its just that you and others here don't like to hear opposing views perhaps? And the mountain of evidence you speak of is more like mountains of opinions.

What opposing viewpoint? All you ever post are smug, emoticon laced, bon mots, that are completely devoid of substance.

Latest posts