AFA labor discussion (Work related)

I don't know about any other group but the f/a group at TWA was shafted. F/a's with 45 years FURLOUGHED. Are you kidding me with facts? AA promised they would be fair, the IAM LIED through their teeth and did nothing for the TWA f/a's. APFA could have done the right thing but instead chopped the TWA f/a's and to boot placed on their heads a drop off date. When the TWA f/a's turned to AFA they tried their hardest but what was done was done. How ANYBODY can say that what happened to the TWA f/a's was just cause is beyond me. EVERY SINGLE f/a that works for AA should look in the mirror and ask themselves how it felt for the TWA f/a thrown to the street. God do you have to read such bullshit on here sometimes. Any wonder why f/a's don't come here anymore? :angry: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 person
Read the Court documents and the arbitration.

Do you not understand the fact the if the LPPs were in place AA wouldnt have bought TWA and their wouldnt be an issue at all.

The arbiter is the one who ruled on it, not the IAM.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Court cases have shown this, but I guess its easier to blame the IAM instead of AA, and the courts, and the APFA.

Read the Court documents and the arbitration.

Do you not understand the fact the if the LPPs were in place AA wouldnt have bought TWA and their wouldnt be an issue at all.

The arbiter is the one who ruled on it, not the IAM.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Court cases have shown this, but I guess its easier to blame the IAM instead of AA, and the courts, and the APFA.
http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/aug28_05.htm
Here is a little history lesson

What did the IAM try to do to the Eastern Shuttle mechanics at US
And what did the AFA at US give the f/a’s that were formerly with the Eastern Shuttle this will tell the roll of IAM and AFA with mergers and acquisitions and bankrupisty

The mechanics at the Shuttle resigned from Eastern and then went to work for Trump. They were AMFA, it was a jury trial and the jury was wrong.

So everyone at US who worked at another airline before US should get their original seniority even though they quit their old airline and were hired into a new one then bought by another?

If the FAs get separated from the pilots, what will be the limit to the FA's crew duty day? How many hours could they then work? Would less FAs be required system wide?
we hope that afa is negating this into our contract... We all know that Pilots will never ever ever have a contract... so we must move on... and get
rid of our me too clause on the east .... at least temporarily... then take it back??? We also have to know that the law will change because of the crash in BUF....
it will change a lot of rules for the pilots... do we want to remain w/in those rules.... No more all niters... as we know them... (on the east) Long days at home...
so what shall we do???

I don't know about any other group but the f/a group at TWA was shafted. F/a's with 45 years FURLOUGHED. Are you kidding me with facts? AA promised they would be fair, the IAM LIED through their teeth and did nothing for the TWA f/a's. APFA could have done the right thing but instead chopped the TWA f/a's and to boot placed on their heads a drop off date. When the TWA f/a's turned to AFA they tried their hardest but what was done was done. How ANYBODY can say that what happened to the TWA f/a's was just cause is beyond me. EVERY SINGLE f/a that works for AA should look in the mirror and ask themselves how it felt for the TWA f/a thrown to the street. God do you have to read such bullshit on here sometimes. Any wonder why f/a's don't come here anymore? :angry: :rolleyes:

We agree with you... and YES... the TWA people were SCREWED....SHAFTED.... ... and that is where AA should be punished... they were not... and
it is history.... I think AA sucks where this is involved... but I am just an hourly worker at us... and I do not have a say in what happened in the court system...
YES they deserved better,,,,, The f/as are still out on the street... we have to fight for that never ever to happen again... I do not really feel that the f/a's at aa even care... as it did not
affect them.... it only happened to the TWA folks.... and they really got screwed...

IAM and AMFA, how can you not love them? :rolleyes:

If we use NWA as a model, one started a failed strike, the other sold-out high paid IAM employees, for lower paid IAM employees. Outsourced IAM employees!

But that's just my observation and I am sure there are more factors involved. Either way nobody seems to understand that AA was justified in the furlough of TWA. So why bore you with facts?

I have an issue with an f/a with 45 years of service! When did this guy start, when he was 10? How are his knees holding up, walking down the aisles? Does grandpa have a life? The fact is that if this guy started in the 1950s, he had to be close to retirement. He probably made more in his retirement than current f/as will see if they work for 80 years. He must have been a sore sight for the eyes!

We agree with you... and YES... the TWA people were SCREWED....SHAFTED.... ... and that is where AA should be punished... they were not... and
it is history.... I think AA sucks where this is involved... but I am just an hourly worker at us... and I do not have a say in what happened in the court system...
YES they deserved better,,,,, The f/as are still out on the street... we have to fight for that never ever to happen again... I do not really feel that the f/a's at aa even care... as it did not
affect them.... it only happened to the TWA folks.... and they really got screwed...

I actually can sympathise with you and the former TWA f/as, but maybe if you click and read post 1635, it might reveal that AA was within its rights. And there isn't a workplace on earth that will stick up for its employees when push comes to shove.

Just sayin'

I actually can sympathise with you and the former TWA f/as, but maybe if you click and read post 1635, it might reveal that AA was within its rights. And there isn't a workplace on earth that will stick up for its employees when push comes to shove.

Just sayin'

It's one place when the "workplace" doesn't stick with the employees. I assume in your mind workplace=the company. But when the colleagues drives a knife through the backs of fellow workers then there's a serious problem. For someone who says he doesn't work for AA--I could care less--you seem to be armed with a lot of rhetoric but not much by way of common sense. Go fix some rum egg nog, have a slice of humble pie a la mode and enjoy the holidays!

Just sayin'

just sayin' Well they can do what ever they want.... within their rights... yes... but does not make for good employee relations...

Guess you got to keep your job and did not get put out on the street! Good for you..... You are right most companies do not care about their employees...
But when they do, the employees are a little bit more prone to shine in the workplace. IE give good customer service, love coming to work and give them
your best. When you continue to get shafted why bother? Its time to find a new job. But if you had worked for a company for 25 years, then get acquired
by a new company, you would think that your job was saved. Remember.... when this happened Congress stepped in wrote legislation to help prevent it
from happening again. However, they did not write the law as well as we would have hoped. Just sayin... you must be mgt big time and do not work for an
airline..... Or could it be that you work for AA and don't want the senior USAirways people bumping you down.... cuz seniority wont matter... cuz US will
be the one acquiring... Then you could get stapled and put out on the street??? just saying back

just sayin' Well they can do what ever they want.... within their rights... yes... but does not make for good employee relations...

Guess you got to keep your job and did not get put out on the street! Good for you..... You are right most companies do not care about their employees...
But when they do, the employees are a little bit more prone to shine in the workplace. IE give good customer service, love coming to work and give them
your best. When you continue to get shafted why bother? Its time to find a new job. But if you had worked for a company for 25 years, then get acquired
by a new company, you would think that your job was saved. Remember.... when this happened Congress stepped in wrote legislation to help prevent it
from happening again. However, they did not write the law as well as we would have hoped. Just sayin... you must be mgt big time and do not work for an
airline..... Or could it be that you work for AA and don't want the senior USAirways people bumping you down.... cuz seniority wont matter... cuz US will
be the one acquiring... Then you could get stapled and put out on the street??? just saying back

If you're talking about F/As then the short answer is USair F/As do not staple. AFAUSairways has protected date of hire every step of the way, whether Piedmont, Eastern or AWA. Our ethics are intact, which is more than most can say.

If you're talking about F/As then the short answer is USair F/As do not staple. AFAUSairways has protected date of hire every step of the way, whether Piedmont, Eastern or AWA. Our ethics are intact, which is more than most can say.

USAirWays ..... afa does not staple..... they go date of hire..... How simple is that???? DATE OF HIRE

IF a merger between AA and US were to happen a representational vote would be held. That would give the collective f/a's the ability to vote for APFA or AFA. Considering there are almost three times the f/a's at AA than US what do you think the outcome would be? It doesn't matter who acquires who as AFA's policy is in place and the law now prevents the larger carrier from making a move that is anything but fair and equitable. Fair and equitable has a different meaning for everyone and if it's not agreed by both unions then it goes to an arbitrator. Just go over to the 9000 pages of the pilot thread and get caught up on that. AA f/a's union, the APFA is one step away from bankruptcy themselves and will have a very difficult time hiring attorneys to guide them through AA's own bankruptcy. The one good thing that could happen to the AA f/a's union is to try and get under the CWA umbrella as AFA did when they were on the brink. Reeling it in, if the merger happens and AFA gets tossed you will not have DOH. You will see slotting or some sort of ratio. Pretty scary stuff actually.

Latest posts