AFA Thread 4/13-5/3 All AFA issues discussed here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
This is the only thread for AFA for the week. Do NOT start other threads as they will be closed and the originating posters suspended.

I'm extending this thread also.....

This is the only thread for AFA for the week. Do NOT start other threads as they will be closed and the originating posters suspended.

Please don't take this the wrong way but the FA's rarely have stuff to post every week. We typically post stuff as it comes. I believe someone pointed this out to you before when you started a thread like this.

With all due respect there are 6 bases for flight attendants east and west. It becomes quite difficult to read through posts and responses when you have a few different topics going on. It just encourages many to NOT post and this board becomes stagnant and dead. I sure notice a difference lately. But to have ALL AFA (flight attendant) issues under ONE thread?

I'll keep my comments and views for the OPR table, I have no desire to scroll through pages and pages of stuff I have no interest in to find the stuff I want hear about.

Folks,

I have personally responded to those who commented on this rule via PM. Public forums is NOT the place for this discussion.

We will consider one thread for East and one for West, but it will definitely not go beyond that.

The other labor groups can live with it, so you must also.....

Thank you.

Folks,

I have personally responded to those who commented on this rule via PM. Public forums is NOT the place for this discussion.

We will consider one thread for East and one for West, but it will definitely not go beyond that.

The other labor groups can live with it, so you must also.....

Thank you.

I Thought We Are ONE Airline? US AIRWAYS !

No more discussion of HOW many threads, folks, one is it for now....

Get back on topic of AFA labor related issues.

If you have something to say, send me a PM.

Here are some issues:
Some bases are very short staffed to the point that reserves are working every single day, they cannot get released for days off and in fact are assigned into their days off only to work a one hour flight, spend the night, and work another one hour flight for just a couple hours of pay, and/or have to listen to schedulers as they call and beg to make ourselves available on our INV days and then get called out again and again for trips worth 3 or 4 hours. We need to start hiring NOW! They will never get all the people they need just by recalling furloughed flight attendants. Before anybody says anything, even after being called out everyday and worked into days off we still aren't even close to breaking guarantee since we are working a lot of systems trips that are only worth 3-4 hours. I did a two day worth 4 hours and some one days worth three so far this month along with a four day. I've seen one days pop up that were only worth 1:39. How's that for a days work? I have worked every single day this month that I've been on duty and I have a whopping 30 hours. I would rather work regular 3 and 4 days back to back to get more time but you know how it goes...

Why does the union allow the company to put flight attendants who work an extra position with a 26 hour layover in a hotel near the airport when the crew the extra f/a is working with has the same trip but different pairing and they are all staying at the long overnight? What sense does that make? BTW this has happened to me several times and the company wouldn't change the hotel.

If you're based in PHL, you better vote!

Somebody made a comment in another thread about possible mergers and they said that US flight attendants could help TWA restore their seniority and I just had to laugh considering reserves have no seniority whatsoever and our whole f/a group just doesn't have it together. We have one of the worst contracts in the industry, no seniority unless you are a BH, and most people won't even take the time to vote or attend a union meeting. So what makes anyone think our f/a group could possibly tackle such a large task as regain TWA's seniority at AA? Pulease!

Reserves, email MF and ask who the reserve is on the JNC! Tell him what you want to see in the new contract and what you don't want to see. Demand that the reserve voices be heard!

I heard the West f/a contract has already expired. Is this true? If so, why aren't you on strike or why don't you do some CHAOS? If this is true West f/as need to take action.

Somebody made a comment in another thread about possible mergers and they said that US flight attendants could help TWA restore their seniority and I just had to laugh considering reserves have no seniority whatsoever and our whole f/a group just doesn't have it together. We have one of the worst contracts in the industry, no seniority unless you are a BH, and most people won't even take the time to vote or attend a union meeting. So what makes anyone think our f/a group could possibly tackle such a large task as regain TWA's seniority at AA? Pulease!

Wish they would give me my longevity for pay and vacation for the time I spent at MAA.

Why does the union allow the company to put flight attendants who work an extra position with a 26 hour layover in a hotel near the airport when the crew the extra f/a is working with has the same trip but different pairing and they are all staying at the long overnight? What sense does that make? BTW this has happened to me several times and the company wouldn't change the hotel.

Somebody made a comment in another thread about possible mergers and they said that US flight attendants could help TWA restore their seniority and I just had to laugh considering reserves have no seniority whatsoever and our whole f/a group just doesn't have it together. We have one of the worst contracts in the industry, no seniority unless you are a BH, and most people won't even take the time to vote or attend a union meeting. So what makes anyone think our f/a group could possibly tackle such a large task as regain TWA's seniority at AA? Pulease

It has to do with the number of rooms available per night to us. The hotels will only allow X number of rooms per night. If there is a need for more (extras) they have to go to a different contracted hotel. Hotels need to make money too. Right? Not saying I agree, but that is why.

As far as TWA.......If AA took their seniority, that is something that is IN THE PAST. If we were to merge with them they should only be given their current seniority!!!! Just my opinionl

I heard the West f/a contract has already expired. Is this true? If so, why aren't you on strike or why don't you do some CHAOS? If this is true West f/as need to take action.

Our contract didn't "expire" it became "amendable" and we were in contract negotiations for a new contract when the merger was announced. Our Section 6 talks for a new contract were put on hold by a NMB mediator and we are now working exclusively on a merged contract with the east.

Trust me, there are plenty of things we would LOVE to chaos over, but we weren't, and probably will never be released into a 30day cooling off period by the NMB and the company knows this. Hence, the snails pace of our current negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.