AIR RAGE

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/06/01/man_accused_of_slapping__jetblue_flight_attendant/

A 48-year-old man from Utica, N.Y., was arrested yesterday morning by State Police on charges of slapping a flight attendant on a JetBlue plane bound from Florida to Logan International Airport, but a clerk magistrate declined to issue charges against him, saying the incident had not happened in Massachusetts.

Back you're crew, JETBLUE!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/06/01/man_accused_of_slapping__jetblue_flight_attendant/

A 48-year-old man from Utica, N.Y., was arrested yesterday morning by State Police on charges of slapping a flight attendant on a JetBlue plane bound from Florida to Logan International Airport, but a clerk magistrate declined to issue charges against him, saying the incident had not happened in Massachusetts.

Back you're crew, JETBLUE!

Funny how jurisdictional politics always gets in the way of justice. It seems the magistrate is too lazy to see the crime is punished. Of course interfering with a crew member would be a federal offense. No one at that level will want to deal with it either I suppose. It will be laughed at as a minor dispute most likely. This is why this stuff keeps happening. I hope JetBlue will pursue the matter further.

Funny how jurisdictional politics always gets in the way of justice. It seems the magistrate is too lazy to see the crime is punished. Of course interfering with a crew member would be a federal offense. No one at that level will want to deal with it either I suppose. It will be laughed at as a minor dispute most likely. This is why this stuff keeps happening. I hope JetBlue will pursue the matter further.

If the door to the aircraft is open it is local jurisdition. If the door is closed it goes to the local feds. The hard part of in-flight assaults is you have to know exactly where it happened because that is who prosecutes the assault. If it goes to a prosecutor who is trying to make a name for themselves it will either be easier or more difficult depending on how aggressive and how solid the case. And in-flight is federal. So it is a United State's Attorney.