aircraft maint. and oneworld

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Why is there NOT a push by are union to accomplish the aircraft maint. on our one world partners. The company pushed and begged us to help in getting some of these one world partners. What did we get? Less Jobs.

Reactions: 2 people
The worst thing is that UAL does the maint on JAL planes on our ORD gates, and some other outfit works on air Berlin planes on our gates.

paul1 said:
Why is there NOT a push by are union to accomplish the aircraft maint. on our one world partners. The company pushed and begged us to help in getting some of these one world partners. What did we get? Less Jobs.
I could see it now.....AA mechanics working on Oneworld partner aircraft and taking delays because of In Accordance With. I bet those carriers would love to take a delay because a mechanic has to go get paperwork to replace a toilet paper holder.

just because a company has a commercial partnership on the revenue generating side does not mean that they are willing to turn to each other for cost reduction.

If AA can provide maintenance services at costs as low as or lower than what those carriers can find elsewhere, then it makes sense for those carriers to seek AA for maintenance services.

Given that AA is outsourcing large and growing portions of its own maintenance services to Asia, the chances are low that AA can find oneworld carriers that will send their maintenance work to the US just because of oneworld

Reactions: 1 person
just because a company has a commercial partnership on the revenue generating side does not mean that they are willing to turn to each other for cost reduction.

If AA can provide maintenance services at costs as low as or lower than what those carriers can find elsewhere, then it makes sense for those carriers to seek AA for maintenance services.

Given that AA is outsourcing large and growing portions of its own maintenance services to Asia, the chances are low that AA can find oneworld carriers that will send their maintenance work to the US just because of oneworld
I was referring to the day to day aircraft maint. of thru trips. Not talking overhaul. I.E. Air Berlin is on a turn at our station and they need on call maint. that is work that should go to that line station, or what about united guys working on JAL. WTF

Reactions: 2 people
and it is probably because UA has the capability to provide the service JL needs and do it at a cost that AA cannot beat.

yes, AA needs to go after all the maintenance business it can bring in but there is really no evidence that any other carrier has done a better job of getting that business because of its passenger alliance relationships than because of any other reason.

paul1 said:
I don't know why you give a rats ass, the union is impotent and company does what it wants. We keep getting screwed. So actually your just complaining about something you have no control over. So, in the end go ahead and write about things that distress you here if it helps to blow off steam. I find the best thing to do is just not care, that way you don't get all the frustration and built up disappointment with how we have been mistreated and misrepresented.

DallasConehead said:
I don't know why you give a rats ass, the union is impotent and company does what it wants. We keep getting screwed. So actually your just complaining about something you have no control over. So, in the end go ahead and write about things that distress you here if it helps to blow off steam. I find the best thing to do is just not care, that way you don't get all the frustration and built up disappointment with how we have been mistreated and misrepresented.

Yeah, the TWU is pretty much a limp d**k union!!

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts