Aircraft maint issues

Oh it's true. The way I read it, the company CAN reassign this job..But that's just me.
The company wants mechanics to work on aircraft, plain and simple. If you recall, they tried this a couple of months ago in Miami. They backed off.

Like I said I heard all the Fleet Presidents were adamant to hold the line. Maybe push came to shove?

I'm also very unpopular on my side for saying and I've said it here before but I think we have no business deicing Aircraft either. If we received random drug tests like you guys do I might say otherwise. But we don't.

Like I said I heard all the Fleet Presidents were adamant to hold the line. Maybe push came to shove?

I'm also very unpopular on my side for saying and I've said it here before but I think we have no business deicing Aircraft either. If we received random drug tests like you guys do I might say otherwise. But we don't.

I'm beyond getting upset...If the contract allows for things like this, what is there to fight? We used to do fuel tank work, that is outsourced as well. I am sure there are still many younger mechanics who not mind climbing into a tank for repairs, but as for me,,those days are long over.

I'm beyond getting upset...If the contract allows for things like this, what is there to fight? We used to do fuel tank work, that is outsourced as well. I am sure there are still many younger mechanics who not mind climbing into a tank for repairs, but as for me,,those days are long over.

In a perfect world you guys would get back any and all mechanical servicing of AA aircraft including fuel tanks, parts, deicing, gate push backs, taxi-tows, etc and we would get back Cabin service, catering, fueling, mail, etc.

Whoever those negotiators were back in 83 they caused problems that continue on to this day.

The good old twu. As impotent as ever at protecting AMT jobs. H.E.Y.

According to Miami's bid, it looks like there are about 55 mechs dedicated to tow crews. Are they to rebid?

55 mechs at $47 an hour as opposed to 55 FSCs at $30 an hour. I wonder why they made the change. It's a mystery. They can even make those tow crews part timers I'm sure.

It sucks we are losing that easy work, but moving planes doesn't constitute aircraft maintenance. Union tech CC instructors travel to out stations to train FSCs in running APU, talking on radios and towing the airplanes, the FSCs are just going to do it on a grander scale.

It's easy work just like deicing, or wing ice inspection, easy for us but doesn't require an A&P, kind of like we have OSMs doing work that isn't really A&P work. We are not in the time of the 80s where we did everything.

At ORD we had slide shop, pod shop, O2 shop, tire shop, even an engine shop (before my time) all moved to Tulsa. Times change. A good change is talking to our union leadership they no longer say, if you don't like it, there's no fence between here and United.

According to Miami's bid, it looks like there are about 55 mechs dedicated to tow crews. Are they to rebid?

55 mechs at $47 an hour as opposed to 55 FSCs at $30 an hour. I wonder why they made the change. It's a mystery. They can even make those tow crews part timers I'm sure.

It sucks we are losing that easy work, but moving planes doesn't constitute aircraft maintenance. Union tech CC instructors travel to out stations to train FSCs in running APU, talking on radios and towing the airplanes, the FSCs are just going to do it on a grander scale.

It's easy work just like deicing, or wing ice inspection, easy for us but doesn't require an A&P, kind of like we have OSMs doing work that isn't really A&P work. We are not in the time of the 80s where we did everything.

At ORD we had slide shop, pod shop, O2 shop, tire shop, even an engine shop (before my time) all moved to Tulsa. Times change. A good change is talking to our union leadership they no longer say, if you don't like it, there's no fence between here and United.

I bid tomorrow here in MIA and it wasn't on our bid. So I'm not sure when they plan to make the changeover.

They have to train you guys first...It's a 40 hour course for the Goldhofer.
I heard this is going to happen asap.

Well I'm not interested. Sad to say I'm already seeing the typical divide and conquer woo hoo people are commenting on FB about it.

The standard line being you guys would cut our throats in a heartbeat if you could too garbage.

I really hate this crap.

Well I'm not interested. Sad to say I'm already seeing the typical divide and conquer woo hoo people are commenting on FB about it.

The standard line being you guys would cut our throats in a heartbeat if you could too garbage.

I really hate this crap.

And so it goes.

Latest posts