Aircraft maint issues

8 write in votes for AMFA over at LUS, and yet - over 7000 signed cards at LAA. Had there been an organized grass roots effort over at LUS for the AMFA like there was at LAA, I'm certain the numbers would be much better. The America West guys were IBT, the IAM was the incumbant at LUS - there would still be enough angst from that forced union to work with.
How many write ins for TWU? Enough said.

Where in my post did I say that the AA guys should go AMFA? Where? Please point that out. NEVER did I act like we have a contract. I also never said that all their dreams would be achieved. Stop stalking me dude.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how you trash the TWU/ IAM, Teamsters , by your constant post on Americans boards . You constantly say get rid of the association sign an AMFA card, they have a worse management team than we do, and AMFA can't achieve us a contract, how in the hell do you think AMFA would be much better with Parker and company than what they got now! A union can only get you what the company is willing to give you, unless you have the power to cripple the company, and the way Airlines treat maintenance through either the railway labor act, bankruptcy, or the courts we are along for the ride and that is the truth! Don't try to sell them a bill of goods that an independent union can't deliver !

and you think they cared!

Doesn't matter what the public thinks. It's about building solidarity between work groups. It's letting the company know loud and clear that we are fed up.

Doesn't matter what the public thinks. It's about building solidarity between work groups. It's letting the company know loud and clear that we are fed up.
I don't know how many we will have on the 16 th, last time we had about 15 guys walking in a circle in Phx shows how much people care, I hope you guys get a descent contract!

I don't know how many we will have on the 16 th, last time we had about 15 guys walking in a circle in Phx shows how much people care, I hope you guys get a descent contract!

Thx Driver. You guys are way past due. Sad to see what's going on at the LUV airline. Best of luck to all of us.

Thx Driver. You guys are way past due. Sad to see what's going on at the LUV airline. Best of luck to all of us.
Yes I just can't stand it, when someone says your union sucks and our union could get you this, when SWA has never suffered what you guys at American have, September 11th, Bankruptcy, sky high fuel prices, merger with a management team from a low cost airline mentality, that looks at cost and not people! SWamt is like you guys are working on an MD 80 with a compressor stall from a stuck internal bleed valve on a worn out Pratt and Whitney , that needs an engine change and he tells you to keep changing the fuel control and the P& D valve and that will fix it, case closed ! :)

Customers, the media and coworkers. It was good start to building solidarity.
And what has changed or did the pace of the negotiations pick up? If you want to get the media's attention then the Association can just send out a media alert to all outlets nation wide. We can build solidarity by IAW system wide. Pickets were designed to inform the public who use our products not too solicit from the company until our labor dispute has been settled. That's when pickets are successful. Anyone check the loads out of DFW or system wide to see if the picket was successful?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how you trash the TWU/ IAM, Teamsters , by your constant post on Americans boards . You constantly say get rid of the association sign an AMFA card, they have a worse management team than we do, and AMFA can't achieve us a contract, how in the hell do you think AMFA would be much better with Parker and company than what they got now! A union can only get you what the company is willing to give you, unless you have the power to cripple the company, and the way Airlines treat maintenance through either the railway labor act, bankruptcy, or the courts we are along for the ride and that is the truth! Don't try to sell them a bill of goods that an independent union can't deliver !
I won't disagree but with AMFA on AA property they can focus on the M&E group only to negotiate a contract for us. With the association they have to deal with about 13 groups.
Look at the other groups at AA.
Flight attendants
Pilots
Customer service agents
They deal with each group respectively.
That's one major problem we have with the Association.

And what has changed or did the pace of the negotiations pick up? If you want to get the media's attention then the Association can just send out a media alert to all outlets nation wide. We can build solidarity by IAW system wide. Pickets were designed to inform the public who use our products not too solicit from the company until our labor dispute has been settled. That's when pickets are successful. Anyone check the loads out of DFW or system wide to see if the picket was successful?

Tough to gauge the success of a picket. As I see it, we built some solidarity across work groups. We sent a message to the company and negotiations committee that we are fed up. I didn't expect it to have any kind of measurable or immediate effect. It was a great opportunity to voice our frustrations. Did it do any good? Idk, but what is our alternative? Complain to each other on these boards and in the break rooms?

do you really think the public is interested....not

I won't disagree but with AMFA on AA property they can focus on the M&E group only to negotiate a contract for us. With the association they have to deal with about 13 groups.
Look at the other groups at AA.
Flight attendants
Pilots
Customer service agents
They deal with each group respectively.
That's one major problem we have with the Association.
It might be better, only you guys would know it's your house, whatever union you guys choose you want to be separated from the ramp no disrespect to them, but the rules and the pay will still be what the American and whatever union you have on the property agree to. I just don't want you guys thinking they will get you all this wonderful stuff. The problem we have at SWA is not the pay or benefits, it's the scope language changes the company feels that they need to have in their minds to stay competitive, some people think they are mean spirited, still not as bad as your guys situation, and I will not trash what you guys have, we have our own problems to deal with, wish you the best of luck !

Latest posts