Aircraft maint issues

Over 7000 signed cards? Ok if you say so I guess.

Anyway moving on. I just had some good TWU Union Brothers stop by to say hello and give me an update on the Picket here in MIA. Both Fleet and Maintenance guys.

Will you be flying in to join the picket Vortilon? I'm assuming if you've "HAD ENOUGH YET" you'll be here?

I was at the picket at DFW. I wouldn't mind going to MIA though.

Tough to gauge the success of a picket. As I see it, we built some solidarity across work groups. We sent a message to the company and negotiations committee that we are fed up. I didn't expect it to have any kind of measurable or immediate effect. It was a great opportunity to voice our frustrations. Did it do any good? Idk, but what is our alternative? Complain to each other on these boards and in the break rooms?
The company and the negotiation committee already know we are frustrated. The union set up the picket to show our frustration. Do we need pickets to build solidarity? I.A.W. will build solidarity and send a message of frustration and discontent. This we should have and continue to do at every work station. Pickets are suppose to send a clear and effective message. These days pickets are ignored. People walk by you or find alternative routes around them. No one wants to deal with our problems at the work place. We as union members have to deal with it. Use our options to get the message across to the company and our union. We are the only ones that can send a message that the company will understand. I.A.W.

All we do is vent our frustrations on this board. It's convenient and it's a means of communication. Nothing wrong with that.

The company and the negotiation committee already know we are frustrated. The union set up the picket to show our frustration. Do we need pickets to build solidarity? I.A.W. will build solidarity and send a message of frustration and discontent. This we should have and continue to do at every work station. Pickets are suppose to send a clear and effective message. These days pickets are ignored. People walk by you or find alternative routes around them. No one wants to deal with our problems at the work place. We as union members have to deal with it. Use our options to get the message across to the company and our union. We are the only ones that can send a message that the company will understand. I.A.W.

All we do is vent our frustrations on this board. It's convenient and it's a means of communication. Nothing wrong with that.

So the answer is no then. You have not and will not attend any picket.

Duly noted Brother.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how you trash the TWU/ IAM, Teamsters , by your constant post on Americans boards . You constantly say get rid of the association sign an AMFA card, they have a worse management team than we do, and AMFA can't achieve us a contract, how in the hell do you think AMFA would be much better with Parker and company than what they got now! A union can only get you what the company is willing to give you, unless you have the power to cripple the company, and the way Airlines treat maintenance through either the railway labor act, bankruptcy, or the courts we are along for the ride and that is the truth! Don't try to sell them a bill of goods that an independent union can't deliver !
If you have followed from the very beginning then you would know. I am simply agreeing with the AA'ers (mechanics) that want to rid themselves of this asso. that was forced upon them by no vote by the membership. Of course I am all for any industrial union getting removed for our industry. They only care about the dues rolling in. NEVER have I ever said that if AA goes with AMFA they will get a contract quick or come to an agreement sooner. What I have said is the membership would have more control, be a hell of a lot more informed thru-out nego's instead of being left in the dark with all the rumors flying. No one has ever said that going with AMFA they would have had a contract/agreement by now. Stop trying to put words into my postings. Others have tried in the past and got sent packing.

Reactions: 1AA
Doesn't matter what the public thinks. It's about building solidarity between work groups. It's letting the company know loud and clear that we are fed up.
so it doesn't matter what the public thinks. now does it matter what the company thinks?
or is it just meeting to see old friends and meeting new ones, which is good. I think the NC is stalling just as much as the company is both sides need to meet until they hash out a agreement..... give and take and negotiate.....

If you have followed from the very beginning then you would know. I am simply agreeing with the AA'ers (mechanics) that want to rid themselves of this asso. that was forced upon them by no vote by the membership. Of course I am all for any industrial union getting removed for our industry. They only care about the dues rolling in. NEVER have I ever said that if AA goes with AMFA they will get a contract quick or come to an agreement sooner. What I have said is the membership would have more control, be a hell of a lot more informed thru-out nego's instead of being left in the dark with all the rumors flying. No one has ever said that going with AMFA they would have had a contract/agreement by now. Stop trying to put words into my postings. Others have tried in the past and got sent packing.
Just not hard to figure you out , they need to figure out their own problems, it might be better it might not, quit trying to paint a wonderful picture for them, posting we are asking for this, when we have nothing in our hands, but do carry on !

JMHO & PO,
Unions today are a waste of dues money.
You have no leverage.
If you 'work to the rule' but never did before, they will slap a TRO on you in a heartbeat.
We had eleven members 'fired' at LAX for 'working to the rule', I do not think they got their jobs back, but I could be wrong.
After the failed strike at NWA (with no other union support and even unions doing struck work), the companies know you will "NEVER" strike.
Sorry to say this, but you have no leverage.
The public certainly does not care, believe me as I have walked picket lines for Eastern and NWA.
Informational pickets when UAL dumped my pension on the PBGC.
And six pack Joe doesn't care if your outsourced as long as he can get a cheap ticket.
I was heavily involved in the AMFA vote at UAL, but the 'membership' are sheep.
You might as well drop your unions and save your dues money, put it in your 401K or buy more alcohol.
The Companies know this and have no plans to raise your wages until there is a price point that they can not fill slots.

I know this post will not be popular, but it is just one mans opinion.
I really do wish you all the best and I wish I could recommend a fix.
Who knows, maybe Wheezy will save you... LOL :eek:
Take Care,
:cool: xUT

XUT, maybe u jumped on the wrong band wagon. Your Amfa expieriment failed at NWA and UAL. Get back on the union band wagon. People like u destroyed the solidarity. U made and followed promises that could not be kept. Face reality!

Last edited:
JMHO & PO,
Unions today are a waste of dues money.
You have no leverage.
If you 'work to the rule' but never did before, they will slap a TRO on you in a heartbeat.
We had eleven members 'fired' at LAX for 'working to the rule', I do not think they got their jobs back, but I could be wrong.
After the failed strike at NWA (with no other union support and even unions doing struck work), the companies know you will "NEVER" strike.
Sorry to say this, but you have no leverage.
The public certainly does not care, believe me as I have walked picket lines for Eastern and NWA.
Informational pickets when UAL dumped my pension on the PBGC.
And six pack Joe doesn't care if your outsourced as long as he can get a cheap ticket.
I was heavily involved in the AMFA vote at UAL, but the 'membership' are sheep.
You might as well drop your unions and save your dues money, put it in your 401K or buy more alcohol.
The Companies know this and have no plans to raise your wages until there is a price point that they can not fill slots.

I know this post will not be popular, but it is just one mans opinion.
I really do wish you all the best and I wish I could recommend a fix.
Who knows, maybe Wheezy will save you... LOL :eek:
Take Care,
:cool: xUT
In reality it is a business arrangement, all companies will stall then come to an agreement, say these are the rules and pay rate, the membership accepts it, some aren't happy , some complain and the train keeps moving! :)

XUT, maybe u jumped on the wrong band wagon. Your Amfa expieriment failed at NWA and UAL. Get back on the union band wagon. People like u destroyed the solidarity. U made and followed promises that could not be kept. Face reality!
Industrial unions have failed the AMT. The membership sure as hell did not help either. If amfa was a failure then what has the TWU been for us? Concessions after concessions.

Industrial unions have failed the AMT. The membership sure as hell did not help either. If amfa was a failure then what has the TWU been for us? Concessions after concessions.
Say what you want. The membership has failed the union. Have you ever heard of th word of " solidarity". We want to know what happened. Look in the mirror. Lot of answers there.

You want to show the company solidarity great, shut that m*****f****r down till they settle.

Of course I know that is never going to happen because you guys are not made of the same stuff nor have the same motivations as your predecessors.

You have succumbed to fear and let a greedy corporation and unjust laws make victims of you.

You want to show the company solidarity great, shut that m*****f****r down till they settle.

Of course I know that is never going to happen because you guys are not made of the same stuff nor have the same motivations as your predecessors.

You have succumbed to fear and let a greedy corporation and unjust laws make victims of you.

That's what it'll take.

But not today, I'm working overtime!! :)

Say what you want. The membership has failed the union. Have you ever heard of th word of " solidarity". We want to know what happened. Look in the mirror. Lot of answers there.

The membership failed the union? That old tried and true chestnut - has served the TWU well. The membership has felt disenfranchised from the so called union leadership for as long as I have been paying dues. Frankly, I think that is just the way the union leadership likes it. That way,when they invariably secure a POS contract, they can blame the membership. On the other hand, with AMFA - there is transparency, the members are able to observe negotiations in real time. There is better accountability to oust people voted into positions that are not working out as promised. There is no hidden agendas to sell out the membership in exchange for a position in the International. Bottom line, the union leaders should be more proactive in leading, getting out on the floor, having a plan, and following through. The members can follow the guidance when it's given just fine. I will use the recent picket at DFW as an example. That is the first time I have ever seen the TWU actually step up, albeit late by several months. In sports, when a team is not performing, the coach gets replaced. I liken the union to the coach in this analogy.