Aircraft maint issues

From what I herd what you say is being reported plus. They have been parking the Hawaii trips in t5 wanting the aa guys to train the us guys on our ETOPS . Michel Jackson has been telling the aa guys are not fast enough so they been signing us mechanics to more aa planes on midnights when Jackson told the aa guys that the us air guys were faster . From what the faa found we know why us air guys are being assigned from what I see on the face book page it’s a mess in lax . And from what I seen posted from SFO. Is they have eliminated the day shift. They also say that the next bid fleet service will bid for wing walkers position and they say that bid is in a few weeks. Just read more on the face book page that aa is losing one of there 2 phase checks to us air. Michel Jackson has really messed up lax

Holy cow!!!

Holy cow!!!
Sad, we preach IAW and guys don't get it. I guess the USAIR guys are so happy that they have become managements lap dogs in LAX. So the work goes to the fastest whippers in the west. Don't worry because the feds are now involved. If it blows up in their faces members of management will be shown the door. I guess they forgot about the ORD case.
Our ETOPS record with the Airbus is not so good since they let one go to Hawaii with a non etops aircraft. How fast we forget. It shows you how we are still divided into two separate companies with separate work mentalities. Not good.

Do we negotiate in September at all? Isn't the TWU convention next month? My money says if these next two weeks of negotiations do not produce a TA. We are pretty much done until 2018. The odds of getting anything done during the holidays are less than zero! Guess we will have to settle for our 1.5% raise on 9-12-17. Be safe out there.

Sad, we preach IAW and guys don't get it. I guess the USAIR guys are so happy that they have become managements lap dogs in LAX. So the work goes to the fastest whippers in the west. Don't worry because the feds are now involved. If it blows up in their faces members of management will be shown the door. I guess they forgot about the ORD case.
Our ETOPS record with the Airbus is not so good since they let one go to Hawaii with a non etops aircraft. How fast we forget. It shows you how we are still divided into two separate companies with separate work mentalities. Not good.
Michael Jackson was over heard saying the Usair guys have more integrity here at LAX then the AA mechanics, even though a USair inspector was found to have stamped a card recenley that the entire job was done before it even got started, no one here likes MJ, he is causing disharmony and we think trying to make a name for himself , he's Robles lackey

Do we negotiate in September at all? Isn't the TWU convention next month? My money says if these next two weeks of negotiations do not produce a TA. We are pretty much done until 2018. The odds of getting anything done during the holidays are less than zero! Guess we will have to settle for our 1.5% raise on 9-12-17. Be safe out there.
From what I got at the last quarter meeting, if there is not a contract proposal to vote on by October then forget about getting one this year, the holidays will make it difficult the union says for the company to do anything go figure

From what I got at the last quarter meeting, if there is not a contract proposal to vote on by October then forget about getting one this year, the holidays will make it difficult the union says for the company to do anything go figure
To say the least. I expect nothing as long as the association is divided with the IGM and us and them.

To say the least. I expect nothing as long as the association is divided with the IGM and us and them.
The Association has been nothing more than a device to cause division. It really is that simple.

Are you seriously for real here, lol.

Carry on.
I would like to hear your story on where management was fired, or released or whatever the case was. The reason I ask is because we had a case come out of HOU and only the mechanics was fired. I do not know all the details but we were told he was pencil whipping. You guys, you have to do your work per the manuals, and any other documents that are assigned to said a/c or jobs. If the mechanic decides to take a short cut and pencil whip something it is solely he who is responsible in the end. Some of our guys have said in their arbitrations that "they were just trying to help the company out". Even with that said the company will still have to throw you under the bus because they cannot condone any pencil whipping outside the manuals and documents assigned. Never have I seen of management personnel getting the axe for a mechanics pencil whipping. Management will never support any employee pencil whipping while in front of FAA or in arbitration. It's not worth it. Sorry to hear about your fellow workers, any idea how many are involved???

Hog, couldn't agree with you more here. We are the same. If nothing happens this go around then we prob. won't have anything until next year as well, which we were expecting anyway. We really only have 2 more months of nego's left out of this year, and with the company only setting 3 days per month they are still in no hurry to get something done once again. We will just have to add another year of retro (bonus as far as the co. is concerned) and yearly raises the more they push this out. Good luck in your next scheduled nego's. I do believe you guys are scheduled for 2 weeks are you not? If our company was serious then we would get 2 weeks straight as well, but they are not and haven't been for over 5 years now.

Honestly as far as you guys are apart, I really don't see anything until some time in 2018. Hate to be negative, but that's how I see it. And oh BTW, when you guys do see your first T/A it will not be what this asso. promised you guys, and not even close. This will be just a delay in contract nego's waiting for you guys to vote no, get back to table and start nego's again. The same will happen here with us unless the company will show movement on scope and economics. But, as we have seen numerous times now, our NC will not bring anything out until they are satisfied to what the membership wants or they are forced to possibly by the mediator. If our NC does not agree with it being a T/A I see nothing getting voted in. Good luck over the next couple weeks of nego's we all need it now it's been too long.

I personally don't see a contract this year. I for one will be ok with the current contract because the medical is not going to change and I'm not going to lose any holidays or vacation time. I want to make sure our association will take their time and we do get a industry leading contract. As far as pencil whipping is concerned, whether mechanics or management there is no room for these individuals in our industry. The flying public relies on our professionalism.

Reactions: 1AA
I personally don't see a contract this year. I for one will be ok with the current contract because the medical is not going to change and I'm not going to lose any holidays or vacation time. I want to make sure our association will take their time and we do get a industry leading contract. As far as pencil whipping is concerned, whether mechanics or management there is no room for these individuals in our industry. The flying public relies on our professionalism.

Obviously you are on the US Air side. You want to make sure the association takes it's time? Lol, with each passing day the LAA guys are losing $$$ worth of pay and benefits. The Association is a complete failure, this is the fault of the AFL-CIO, and it's at our expense. I would encourage all AMTs to make life for management as difficult as possible, do as they say and watch the system implode. Let's face it, we have people running our department - who lack the skills necessary to get the job done. They are technically deficient, and to make matters worse, they have zero people skills. Add to that, management has decided to implement a maintenance program that stifles job performance. It's a wonder anything gets done. The upcoming holidays are a perfect opportunity to execute what needs to be done.

So it's safe to assume you won't be joining your "Association" brothers and sisters (TWU) on a picket line anytime soon? That's cool cause your leadership feels the same way...lol

In other words. Matt has his. "shrugging his shoulders"

Good job rubbing it in there Matt.

Obviously you are on the US Air side. You want to make sure the association takes it's time? Lol, with each passing day the LAA guys are losing $$$ worth of pay and benefits. The Association is a complete failure, this is the fault of the AFL-CIO, and it's at our expense. I would encourage all AMTs to make life for management as difficult as possible, do as they say and watch the system implode. Let's face it, we have people running our department - who lack the skills necessary to get the job done. They are technically deficient, and to make matters worse, they have zero people skills. Add to that, management has decided to implement a maintenance program that stifles job performance. It's a wonder anything gets done. The upcoming holidays are a perfect opportunity to execute what needs to be done.
Sounds like your familiar with AmericaWest management style.

Reactions: swamt