Aircraft maint issues

Yea, me too. It is fantastic here at SWA now that ALL the unions have become one. No matter who is who. We don't care. Employees are employees, period. It does not matter no longer what union anyone is a part of at SWA, it's employees with employees. It's the only way to go. Good luck to you and yours.
Well nothing new to report accept we are coming to be in the same boat as American Airlines, no agreement, mediator doesn't have any days available till November, got the holidays, looks like next year maybe, picketing made no difference! Good luck for us all !

Did you expect anything different from the union from this past weeks negotiations. Same old song and dance. I strongly believe that no contract until 2018!

Picketing is a Total waist of time. The public only cares about a cheap ticket or if their flight is going to leave on time.

When are we going to stop letting the union waist our money and get some leaders in there that will tell the truth about why we don't have a contract

The amount of people when we get a contract will be Damn near half. Wake the hell up people. That means less money for the international and local 591 to spend

Picketing is a Total waist of time. The public only cares about a cheap ticket or if their flight is going to leave on time.

When are we going to stop letting the union waist our money and get some leaders in there that will tell the truth about why we don't have a contract

The amount of people when we get a contract will be Damn near half. Wake the hell up people. That means less money for the international and local 591 to spend

If picketing is a total waste of time as you say then why is the Company giving away free food and unlimited OT (free food and cash) here in MIA on Thursday?

Maybe it's more effective than you think?

Or maybe they know you're all company men! :):)
No we just have that inherent IGM mentality. We say yes we will stand by you but when push comes to shove the real inner person is exposed. Free food always gets the attention away from doing the right thing. I don't care for company or union free food. I didn't accept the free screwdriver and all the hoopla on AMT DAY. I just came to work and did my job I.A.W. the applicable manuals and rules governing my job title.

Last edited:
Or maybe they know you're all company men! :):)
You guys will see publically who all the company men/women are. They will be the ones that stay back for the free food that the company wasn't going to do until they found out about picketing. And of course all the yahoos who freely sign up and accept all that unlimited O/T. Guys for just once let's all get on the same page as the union that is negotiating one (if not THE) most important JCBA of history at AA. The picketing does work, otherwise the company would not work so hard at trying to prevent people from attending. For just one day guys, do not sign up for O/T, and do not show up for the company food. It would be great to hear that AA had to donate thousands upon thousands of pounds of food to the local pantry to help the needy just because everyone refused to show up. See there guys, you would be doing your local shelters a HUGE favor by not eating the food from the company. So go help your local shelters out, refuse to sign up for any O/T and grab a picket sign and show big time support for your nego. comte. Good luck guys. Look forward to all the pics and videos...

You guys will see publically who all the company men/women are. They will be the ones that stay back for the free food that the company wasn't going to do until they found out about picketing. And of course all the yahoos who freely sign up and accept all that unlimited O/T. Guys for just once let's all get on the same page as the union that is negotiating one (if not THE) most important JCBA of history at AA. The picketing does work, otherwise the company would not work so hard at trying to prevent people from attending. For just one day guys, do not sign up for O/T, and do not show up for the company food. It would be great to hear that AA had to donate thousands upon thousands of pounds of food to the local pantry to help the needy just because everyone refused to show up. See there guys, you would be doing your local shelters a HUGE favor by not eating the food from the company. So go help your local shelters out, refuse to sign up for any O/T and grab a picket sign and show big time support for your nego. comte. Good luck guys. Look forward to all the pics and videos...
You obviously don't know how things really are at AA. We will not get the best or ILC jcba as promised. The IAM and TWU are not on the same page in negotiations. I won't get into details. The M&E negotiating committee skipped out on the last meeting to discuss the seniority issues. They could have done that inbetween negotiation sessions. Hell, they only meet twice a month with the company. One wonders if the association or the negotiating members on both unions are serious about getting a jcba before next September or whenever.

The food yes, not signing up for overtime is considered self help and that Swamt resulted in 2 guys fired from SWA and AMFA sued including many officers on the negotiating committee and AMFA 11, not a good thing! And those poor guys still haven't got their jobs back, bad advice !

Make management white slip for overtime then. As far as not picketing "cuz it won't help" . Get off your ass for once. The pilots, FAs, gate/ticket agents and SWA AMTs supported the picket at DFW. 40 guys from Tulsa and about 15 from AUS showed up. Some worked the night before and had to be back at work for the midnight shift that night. No damn excuse !!

The food yes, not signing up for overtime is considered self help and that Swamt resulted in 2 guys fired from SWA and AMFA sued including many officers on the negotiating committee and AMFA 11, not a good thing! And those poor guys still haven't got their jobs back, bad advice !
Well the president of local 591 said the same thing about overtime.

Ok so don't eat the food because it's the same day as the picket. So if your off duty you should not be on the property. If your on duty you should not be on the picket line. Do you think the company set up the free food to distract the picketing? If your on duty working who cares if you eat the food or not. Just dont get caught on the picket line while on the clock. That would be the dumbest thing you can do. As far as overtime goes? I agree, turn it down at least for the day of picketing. We all know deciding to work overtime or refuse it is a personal choice. That's where we sometimes get confused on the choices we make. We can't all think alike. We have different views. I don't think refusing Overtime for one day will break the bank.

Ok so don't eat the food because it's the same day as the picket. So if your off duty you should not be on the property. If your on duty you should not be on the picket line. Do you think the company set up the free food to distract the picketing? If your on duty working who cares if you eat the food or not. Just dont get caught on the picket line while on the clock. That would be the dumbest thing you can do. As far as overtime goes? I agree, turn it down at least for the day of picketing. We all know deciding to work overtime or refuse it is a personal choice. That's where we sometimes get confused on the choices we make. We can't all think alike. We have different views. I don't think refusing Overtime for one day will break the bank.
A day probably get away with, but the dude that came up with the overtime ban got sued and fired and the union sued, I guarantee with this lawsuit we have filed against us one day would cost the union big time, I don't recommend it!

Latest posts