Aircraft maint issues

The food yes, not signing up for overtime is considered self help and that Swamt resulted in 2 guys fired from SWA and AMFA sued including many officers on the negotiating committee and AMFA 11, not a good thing! And those poor guys still haven't got their jobs back, bad advice !
Driver, not signing up for O/T is voluntarily, where the hell do you get that that is self help? That DID NOT get 2 guys fired from SWA. And where did you get that I advised this? Get a clue man. Read the post a little better.

Reactions: AA89
I read what you said about the food and the o. t. yes o.t. is voluntary, doing an overtime ban is considered self help, I am not going to clutter up American board arguing with you, and it got a lawsuit filed against AMFA rather you want to admit it or not!

I believe it's white slipping but have never actully been "served" . Maybe someone else here has.

Yep, white slipping. I had the privilege to be white slipped a few times at AFW.

I read what you said about the food and the o. t. yes o.t. is voluntary, doing an overtime ban is considered self help, I am not going to clutter up American board arguing with you, and it got a lawsuit filed against AMFA rather you want to admit it or not!
You say the SWA OT ban was for a long period. Apples to oranges. Just talking one day here at AA to participate in a union activity. AA has a mechanism to force OT in an emergency situation and they can use it. No lawsuit needed unless guys defy the whiteslipping. Complete OT bans never work as there is always a few that for whatever reason take the money. Those that turned it down see that and get pissed because they missed out on a few hundred bucks and they accept the OT.

So what happened after the Dallas picket. It didn't do a damn thing but make somebody brother a lot of money for the signs and tee shirts. AS far as Miami. All the junior people know they are going to be out of a job soon. They will work overtime. When people are told not to picket on company time. They won't go. Hell if they were not allowed to go to the union meeting on shift. They would NEVER go. Remember Miami was the Station that worked with Management and helped screw DFW, ORD and every other station that had work taken away.
Here we go again.....nobody expected the company to roll over when guys turned down a meal and a trinket, or working safely and IAW, or posting on Jetnet, or picketing, or any other thing we can do for a little leverage. We all know we are bound by the RLA and these negotiaons could drag out for another 5 years based on UAL and SWA negotiations. We should do all we legally can to show that we are all together. None of what I mentioned is going to automatically bring the company to their knees but all of us doing nothing, as you seem to be in favor of, shows them that we are ok with what they are doing. That is making Billions off of what they took from employees and rewarding themselves and shareholder first. If the TWU members in Miami and the surrounding stations can't take a few hours to spend with the Pilots, FAs, and whoever else shows up then it sends the company the message that all is well. Get it now??

Reactions: swamt
Here we go again.....nobody expected the company to roll over when guys turned down a meal and a trinket, or working safely and IAW, or posting on Jetnet, or picketing, or any other thing we can do for a little leverage. We all know we are bound by the RLA and these negotiaons could drag out for another 5 years based on UAL and SWA negotiations. We should do all we legally can to show that we are all together. None of what I mentioned is going to automatically bring the company to their knees but all of us doing nothing, as you seem to be in favor of, shows them that we are ok with what they are doing. That is making Billions off of what they took from employees and rewarding themselves and shareholder first. If the TWU members in Miami and the surrounding stations can't take a few hours to spend with the Pilots, FAs, and whoever else shows up then it sends the company the message that all is well. Get it now??
So you admit that a one day picket at one station by one union in this two union association is not effective. We all want a JCBA. It starts at the negotiations. If meeting twice a month and the last meeting the M&E negotiating committee skipped out how can we as members be serious and put pressure on the company? Leadership starts from the top in any fight. They don't seem to be showing it. The association which means both unions should hold a one day informational picket at ALL major stations on the same day. At the same time the association should take ads out at all the major papers in the cities we have hubs. Hubs have the largest concentration of passengers. Billboard advertising at airports. At least at DFW. We need the IAM to participate. We need to use a modern day aporoach. Informational picketing at one station for one day is no longer the norm. The association needs to get with the times. Our message needs to get across through more modern and quicker means. Get the media out there at all stations on the same day. That's nationwide coverage. Billboards and newspapers. That's coverage. Having a one day picket in DFW won't get national coverage. Having one in MIA won't get national coverage. Having one wherever the TWU wants next won't do it either. There is no unity or solidarity within the association. Yea I know I keep hearing we need to do something. Well the association needs to do something and fast. Holidays are coming.

Reactions: swamt
Airbus 321, #853 is being ferried to El Salvador this morning from DFW/DWH for a fuselage dent and frame repair. We had it opened up and were about to start the repair and told to close it up and prep it for the ferry flight.

You're right you're not Bobby Gless, he has class. What the current Int'l did to him should make nothing that's going on now a surprise to anyone. Getting rid of him 4 years ago wasn't the solution to anything. We are more in the dark, have less of a say, never informed and victims of personal agendas now. Most of his adversaries and leaders of the witch hunt to get rid of him did a great job of getting us leadership that doesn't even represent our interests and most were from JFK his own station out of pure jealousy and revenge by a special few. He didn't get to be a father to his kids for years and he and his wife didn't survive this. I hope all of you feel good about yourselves both as members who threw away probably one of the most knowledgeable people I've known in my 30 years seniority and what you cost him personally and he's at JFK with a great shift doing his job like none of it ever happened and one of the best AMT's in NY before and after his union career.
Bobby was Jim Little Ass Monkey. If you knew the half of it you would not be saying ANYTHING good about him.

Airbus 321, #853 is being ferried to El Salvador this morning from DFW/DWH for a fuselage dent and frame repair. We had it opened up and were about to start the repair and told to close it up and prep it for the ferry flight.
Maybe you guys should have Picketed around the airplane and then they would of gotten scared and let you fix it.

I see how effective the DFW picket turned out. We scared them out of town. Opps I meant we scared our work out of town.
If and I'm saying if the DFW picket had any effect it was the opposite. Time to get the negotiation committee (IAM included) to start moving faster and more effective. We can't afford to lose more work. It's sad when the IAM is used to sending work out is business as usual for them.

Last edited:
So you admit that a one day picket at one station by one union in this two union association is not effective. We all want a JCBA. It starts at the negotiations. If meeting twice a month and the last meeting the M&E negotiating committee skipped out how can we as members be serious and put pressure on the company? Leadership starts from the top in any fight. They don't seem to be showing it. The association which means both unions should hold a one day informational picket at ALL major stations on the same day. At the same time the association should take ads out at all the major papers in the cities we have hubs. Hubs have the largest concentration of passengers. Billboard advertising at airports. At least at DFW. We need the IAM to participate. We need to use a modern day aporoach. Informational picketing at one station for one day is no longer the norm. The association needs to get with the times. Our message needs to get across through more modern and quicker means. Get the media out there at all stations on the same day. That's nationwide coverage. Billboards and newspapers. That's coverage. Having a one day picket in DFW won't get national coverage. Having one in MIA won't get national coverage. Having one wherever the TWU wants next won't do it either. There is no unity or solidarity within the association. Yea I know I keep hearing we need to do something. Well the association needs to do something and fast. Holidays are coming.
Did I say it wasn't effective? I said it's one of many things we can do to at least try and show the company we have solidarity and support a hard line by our negotiators. I can't argue either whether all hubs protesting at once or not is better. Who knows. But if that's someone's excuse for not participating then it's a weak excuse. Doing nothing sends the opposite message of solidarity. Yes it would be nice to have the IAM guys join us. Maybe if they see us standing up they will. Maybe they won't. But are you any better than them with your excuses? You say the negotiators need to do something but you and others won't even do anything yourself. What do you want them to do? Pound the table? We have an uphill battle because of the RLA. By the way what is the normal pace of negotiations? What was the pace after the 2008 contract expired?

Did I say it wasn't effective? I said it's one of many things we can do to at least try and show the company we have solidarity and support a hard line by our negotiators. I can't argue either whether all hubs protesting at once or not is better. Who knows. But if that's someone's excuse for not participating then it's a weak excuse. Doing nothing sends the opposite message of solidarity. Yes it would be nice to have the IAM guys join us. Maybe if they see us standing up they will. Maybe they won't. But are you any better than them with your excuses? You say the negotiators need to do something but you and others won't even do anything yourself. What do you want them to do? Pound the table? We have an uphill battle because of the RLA. By the way what is the normal pace of negotiations? What was the pace after the 2008 contract expired?
Doing for ourselves is going roque. No IAM direction from the association. TWU skipping out on negotiations. Did you even read what I posted and tried to comprehend it? Does anyone really know what solidarity is anymore? Excuses are coming from the negotiations at both sides. Passengers only care about what affects them. Just like us at work. It's called I GOT MINE. If we are to make the passengers feel for our cause then the association needs to step it up. They make the decisions and have the money.
I'm pissed at the association and this whole scam. We were lied too repeatedly. The association has no accountability to its members. Only to themselves and probably the company. Solidarity starts at the work place with IAW. That's a day in and day out process. I'm not seeing it. What's the excuse for that? Doing nothing is what we do when we ignore IAW. Forget about the IAM guys. They have a different work ethic. The IAM is a union that keeps its members in the dark. If the TWU negotiating committee can't get the IAM negotiators to join us in solidarity then we are giving the company a message of division. Maybe that's what the association really wants.

That is making Billions off of what they took from employees and rewarding themselves and shareholder first
I don't think I have seen another person on this forum state the issue with such efficiency and precision. They all get mired down in agendas, idealism, and politics.