Aircraft maint issues

So you admit that a one day picket at one station by one union in this two union association is not effective.
I think picketing is a waste of time actually. All it really does is annoy people that really don't want to be there anyway.

The best way to get at American Airlines is not to play the victim, it's to attack their public image.

When your tactics cease to be effective you change tactics...... and you get vicious.

Personally I don't think most of you have the stomach for it. In fact I know it.

Reactions: 1AA
I think picketing is a waste of time actually. All it really does is annoy people that really don't want to be there anyway.

The best way to get at American Airlines is not to play the victim, it's to attack their public image.

When your tactics cease to be effective you change tactics...... and you get vicious.

Personally I don't think most of you have the stomach for it. In fact I know it.
Picketing alone in today's world is antiquated. It has to be followed up by other ways of protesting or getting the message out. The association doesn't or won't advance out of the 60's era of labor protesting tactics. So now the company gave us a tool to use in helping the association. Do I have to spell it out again?

Unfortunately I think GP does not have the wits to actually engage in the type of protests we should be doing. It does not take rocket scientists to follow AA's GPM. A/C CMM's.
It is that simple.

I read what you said about the food and the o. t. yes o.t. is voluntary, doing an overtime ban is considered self help, I am not going to clutter up American board arguing with you, and it got a lawsuit filed against AMFA rather you want to admit it or not!
I was not saying anything close to doing an O/T ban. All I said was if the AA guys did not sign up for the O/T that day so they could attend the info. picketing. I did say to by-pass on the food offer from the company, and again, in order to participate in the picketing. BTW; my post was about the American mechanics, you are the one that keeps bringing up the AMFA/SWA issues, not me.

The picket signs and comments to the media were focused on greed and outsourcing jobs to other countries and that is exactly attacking their public image. The angle wasn't to play the victim as you are correct, hard to feel sorry for someone with a job and making what we make. If nothing else it got the different AA workgroups on the same page as far as corporate greed. It's a step in the right direction.

I was not saying anything close to doing an O/T ban. All I said was if the AA guys did not sign up for the O/T that day so they could attend the info. picketing. I did say to by-pass on the food offer from the company, and again, in order to participate in the picketing. BTW; my post was about the American mechanics, you are the one that keeps bringing up the AMFA/SWA issues, not me.
We as AMT s are in the same boat, the Airlines look at what the others are going to pay, before a contract gets done. I know what happened to our guys in Dallas, plus there was some other stuff these people,did that got them fired, one day for a picket probably no big deal, I just didn't want the American guys to try what some people at SWA did, and get fired, or fined!

Here we go again.....nobody expected the company to roll over when guys turned down a meal and a trinket, or working safely and IAW, or posting on Jetnet, or picketing, or any other thing we can do for a little leverage. We all know we are bound by the RLA and these negotiaons could drag out for another 5 years based on UAL and SWA negotiations. We should do all we legally can to show that we are all together. None of what I mentioned is going to automatically bring the company to their knees but all of us doing nothing, as you seem to be in favor of, shows them that we are ok with what they are doing. That is making Billions off of what they took from employees and rewarding themselves and shareholder first. If the TWU members in Miami and the surrounding stations can't take a few hours to spend with the Pilots, FAs, and whoever else shows up then it sends the company the message that all is well. Get it now??
It's funny that you end with YOU DONT GET IT. The hell with Picketing. JUST DO YOUR JOB. Damn I can't believe I work with such PU$$|€$.

I.A.W. If you don't get that. Then you are just too stupid or scared. I will let you make that choice.

The picket signs and comments to the media were focused on greed and outsourcing jobs to other countries and that is exactly attacking their public image. The angle wasn't to play the victim as you are correct, hard to feel sorry for someone with a job and making what we make. If nothing else it got the different AA workgroups on the same page as far as corporate greed. It's a step in the right direction.
And the passengers still don't care unless it affects them directly. That has been my entire point during these past few days posting.

It's funny that you end with YOU DONT GET IT. The hell with Picketing. JUST DO YOUR JOB. Damn I can't believe I work with such PU$$|€$.

I.A.W. If you don't get that. Then you are just too stupid or scared. I will let you make that choice.
Reading comprehension isn't your strength is it? I've mentioned more than once that picketing is only one tool. You have no proof that working IAW will speed up negotiations any more than I have in using those and any other ways of expressing our frustration to the company. Just admit that walking for 2 hours sounds like hard work to you.

Reading comprehension isn't your strength is it? I've mentioned more than once that picketing is only one tool. You have no proof that working IAW will speed up negotiations any more than I have in using those and any other ways of expressing our frustration to the company. Just admit that walking for 2 hours sounds like hard work to you.
I would rather spend my time with my family. Not with a bunch of no balls having chicken shits. My proof is what the pilots did that got it done for them. The used the logbook to bring the company to their knees. But you won't remember that because you probably was one of the mechanics that got madd because you had to DO YOUR DAMN JOB. Grow some balls and quit trying to dance with me. You won't win. Trust me.

I would rather spend my time with my family. Not with a bunch of no balls having chicken shits. My proof is what the pilots did that got it done for them. The used the logbook to bring the company to their knees. But you won't remember that because you probably was one of the mechanics that got madd because you had to DO YOUR DAMN JOB. Grow some balls and quit trying to dance with me. You won't win. Trust me.
Yes because you might call me names. I'm hurt..... You can't comprehend what is written and come up with a valid reason not to picket so you turn into a internet tough guy. If you can't walk for two hours you can't dance either I'm sure. I'm impressed.

Yes because you might call me names. I'm hurt..... You can't comprehend what is written and come up with a valid reason not to picket so you turn into a internet tough guy. If you can't walk for two hours you can't dance either I'm sure. I'm impressed.
Damn you are dumb. Did u not read what I said about how the Pilots used the LOGBOOK. You say I'm the one that can't comprehend. You are stuck on walking for 2 hours. Why don't you put you identity on here like I Have..Then you can find out if I Can Dance. Oh my bad. I forgot you got no balls from all that walking.

Damn you are dumb. Did u not read what I said about how the Pilots used the LOGBOOK. You say I'm the one that can't comprehend. You are stuck on walking for 2 hours. Why don't you put you identity on here like I Have..Then you can find out if I Can Dance. Oh my bad. I forgot you got no balls from all that walking.
Anger management bro, they'd probably stick you in the "fast pass" line. Check it out!

Latest posts