Aircraft maint issues

Your right it is your guys board, we at SWA have the lowest ratio of mechanics to aircraft , the language is 2.75, in reality we are at 3.1 , that is the only reason we get paid what we do, a very small group. I just hate it, when someone says if you didn't have your association, or hints at it, you could have what we have, in reality you only get what management is willing to give you.

Here at the New US we are doing it the other way. The pay comes first, then the ratio is adjusted!

Experience is great and generally appreciated and awarded monetarily in non union jobs.
Seniority on the other hand means the worst worker makes exactly the same as the best worker and that you have little to no career options, which in the end limits your earning potential. It is a huge determent to the majority and only really benefits the few.
I totally agree with you and have said pretty much the same thing but apparently the truth offends people around here.

They have been so conditioned they can't see seniority for what it really is.

Control.

Your right it is your guys board, we at SWA have the lowest ratio of mechanics to aircraft , the language is 2.75, in reality we are at 3.1 , that is the only reason we get paid what we do, a very small group. I just hate it, when someone says if you didn't have your association, or hints at it, you could have what we have, in reality you only get what management is willing to give you.

That is not what I am saying. As far as I am concerned both of you are welcome, however I am not going to involve myself in a private argument.

Reactions: B737 driver
Enjoy the raise fellas. Don't spend it all in one place! Screenshot_20170912-155416.png

If you don't respect seniority. You are very uneducated.
I never said I did not respect it. I said there is another side to the coin.

I think this poster summed up my viewpoint perfectly.
Experience is great and generally appreciated and awarded monetarily in non union jobs.
Seniority on the other hand means the worst worker makes exactly the same as the best worker and that you have little to no career options, which in the end limits your earning potential. It is a huge determent to the majority and only really benefits the few.
I happen to agree with everything he said. That is not to say I can't see the benefit of the job protection seniority affords, I just don't think the baggage that comes with it is worth it.
Do you time and shut the HELL up.
I did 12 years. That was enough for me.
A guy with two years thinks he should have everything that I have after 32 years.
There's that UNION entitlement.
You Mother should have swallowed you and done the world a favor.
Don't project your Oedipus complex on me.

Says the bottom of the barrel, America West company man who knows how to professionally lick boots and everthing else dirty.

Says the bottom of the barrel, America West company man who knows how to professionally lick boots and everthing else dirty.
You are entitled to your opinion of course but I agree with UPNAWAY.

Why do you have such an extreme reaction to a difference of opinion?

You are entitled to your opinion of course but I agree with UPNAWAY.

Why do you have such an extreme reaction to a difference of opinion?

I don't need to engage you. You're a non-entity.

But he, or it, on the other hand, has been cleaning the America West executive wash room for years. And what did it get him? A one room apartment in Phoenix, and the right to complain how hard he worked on his union fought for 5 day work week, on his union won 8 hour day. Or maybe his union negotiated 6 week vacation time?

Hypocrites. The worst form of life. Right in line with scabs of Northwest.

But he, or it, on the other hand, has been cleaning the America West executive wash room for years. And what did it get him? A one room apartment in Phoenix, and the right to complain how hard he worked on his union fought for 5 day work week, on his union won 8 hour day. Or maybe his union negotiated 6 week vacation time?

You are an angry person.

First I was a coattail riding Fleet Service Clerk now I am an non-entity. It's no wonder there is so much UNITY in the Association.

Good day sir.

Hit the nail right on the head. Anyone who hails from America Worst might want to regress back under the desk. One of the highest fines ever in history for failures in the realm of commercial aircraft maintenance, might have been the cause of the bankruptcy. I think DUI Doug Parker was running the show about then? Must have been on his second DUI.

I had the dis-pleasure of working on some of the AW finest flying junkers back then, to call them Boeing 757s would be an insult to Boeing Inc. These things were so ragged out and filthy I wouldn't have put my mother-in-law on one...yes that bad. The way AA maintenance is being ruined over the last few years, hollowed out, and outsourced to death, AA might as well put a puke colored "AW" logo on the tail.

We are so very fortunate have DUI Doug and the rest of the Tempe Brain Trust running AA into the ground. But hey, DUI Doug won the lottery, he's making millions and spending it like a drunk in Vegas on the management team that couldn't run a 7-11.

What would happen if any of YOU had three DUIs??? Would you be making hundreds of millions and spouting off about "Validate the Trust" to the unwashed masses??? Hardly.... You wouldn't have a job here. Period.

Last edited:

Latest posts