Aircraft maint issues

Want to switch unions? You'll see the difference.
Only if we can't get anything, or it's a crap deal. Just letting you know the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.Most of the people want a contract. If it is o.k. AMFA will stay, if it's a bad deal , and it passes they will be replaced.That's the talk on the floor, where I am at. Plus from other stations. Regardless of what Swamt tells you. If we get to six years, and we could had the same deal 3 years earlier , people will not be happy.

Last edited:
Only if we can't get anything, or it's a crap deal. Just letting you know the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.Most of the people want a contract. If it is o.k. AMFA will stay, if it's a bad deal , and it passes they will be replaced.That's the talk on the floor, where I am at. Plus from other stations. Regardless of what Swamt tells you. If we get to six years, and we could had the same deal 3 years earlier , people will not be happy.

The A&P Mechanics at American have no know idea what "Green Grass" looks like.

Not much of a choice out there for AMT'S unless you create your own Class and Craft union.

Not much of a choice out there for AMT'S unless you create your own Class and Craft union.
If we would've been smart we should've merged with SWAPA, that was talked about at one time. My guess is AMFA doesn't survive, and who knows what will happen, you know how replacement talk is, we would look at that.Or possibly go back to the Teamsters.But that would only come after a contract is voted in, if it was a crap deal. We are not going to get rid of them without a contract in place. As a side note no one also wants a strike vote or to go on strike. We are not stupid.AMFA knows that and the company knows that.

So the thought process on the floor is that if its good then AMFA is good, and if its bad then AMFA is bad?

If they switch unions, will it be the same elected people negotiating etc?

So the thought process on the floor is that if its good then AMFA is good, and if its bad then AMFA is bad?

No the thought process is if you take over 5 years or more and we could have had the same thing, and we never get that time back, plus the money we lost, because you won't let us vote on something. You didn't do your job as a union and you need to go.

No the thought process is if you take over 5 years or more and we could have had the same thing, and we never get that time back, plus the money we lost, because you won't let us vote on something. You didn't do your job as a union and you need to go.

I agree, if something thats not good is brought back it was all a waste of time. However i hope the members are applying pressure to help get the message to the company. Its a waiting game to see who gives in first, let that be the company!

5 years?

5 years? The teamsters took almost that at UAL /CAL with a JCBA after their amendable dates. So do you want to follow their tracks? We will probably go that route unless we get so desperate and take anything to vote on just for money, vacation parity and overtime parity.

5 years?

5 years? The teamsters took almost that at UAL /CAL with a JCBA after their amendable dates. So do you want to follow their tracks? We will probably go that route unless we get so desperate and take anything to vote on just for money, vacation parity and overtime parity.
Yes I have followed that. When your union won't let you vote, or pursue the Med Arb which more people think that they should have.People feel like we should be able to make up our own minds.You get to year 6 or beyond it just gets ridiculous , and that's where our group is at.

Yes I have followed that. When your union won't let you vote, or pursue the Med Arb which more people think that they should have.People feel like we should be able to make up our own minds.You get to year 6 or beyond it just gets ridiculous , and that's where our group is at.
I read this morning facilities has a T/A. Hopefully they will vote on it. Maybe this is what your NC committee needs to get things going.
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=c029b547-ae99-4dd3-bd1c-f0479637c826

100 million dollars big. In Brazil that's a lot for your money. I heard from our union that it holds two wide body aircraft. I'm sure someone has a copy of the details or plans.
Update, just found this. Bigger than I thought.

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/american-airlines-build-hangar-brazil/

According to AA, the hangar will be for exclusive use by American Airlines, and it will be staffed by American Airlines Tech Ops employees, and it will not have any impact on the work already done in the United States.

You think they were able to keep a straight face when they said that?

We are doomed! It does not matter whether they are AA employees or not. As long as they are not union workers we are screwed! The government will not stop this from happening or the union. Mark my words jobs will be lost!!!!

According to AA, the hangar will be for exclusive use by American Airlines, and it will be staffed by American Airlines Tech Ops employees, and it will not have any impact on the work already done in the United States.

You think they were able to keep a straight face when they said that?
That's almost like Boeing building their facility in Charleston S.C., so they could get away from the
We are doomed! It does not matter whether they are AA employees or not. As long as they are not union workers we are screwed! The government will not stop this from happening or the union. Mark my words jobs will be lost!!!!
Just like when Boeing built their facility in Charleston S.C. To get away from the IAM, what do they build there now like 1 or 2 787 a month there. Management always has a back up plan, when they need it.You guys have been through so much.The main problem we have at SWA is alot of these guys that think we should have all this stuff, had never faced Bankruptcy or worked under a Bankruptcy contract, and this is the only job they have had. I was at the original Midway they went bankrupt and I never got my last check. I consider myself lucky I got on here.