Aircraft maint issues

No, it's about losing work in the United States. American jobs helps the economy. American workers pay taxes that helps the government function. Union or not it's jobs in this country that will go away. We can argue about union versus non union all day. This is about American workers losing work. Just because the workers in Brazil or any country outside the USA are employed and wear an American Airlines uniform is still jobs lost in the USA.

No, it's about losing work in the United States. American jobs helps the economy. American workers pay taxes that helps the government function. Union or not it's jobs in this country that will go away. We can argue about union versus non union all day. This is about American workers losing work. Just because the workers in Brazil or any country outside the USA are employed and wear an American Airlines uniform is still jobs lost in the USA.
100 million, big hangar, if you could two wide bodies in there, they could easily get 6 narrow bodies in there. Where I am at our hangar is 58,000 square feet and we have had 5 737s, but had the doors opened.

According to AA, the hangar will be for exclusive use by American Airlines, and it will be staffed by American Airlines Tech Ops employees, and it will not have any impact on the work already done in the United States.

You think they were able to keep a straight face when they said that?
For 100 million dollars that is more than just tech ops, or overnight checks, that is tech support, inspection, engineering, records, back shops, whatever they can get local and save money, good luck guys.

And American Airlines will be there for the next 40 years.

GP Hoffa thinks he is going to stop work from being outsourced.. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
The next question is will the association drag negotiations on for years and years trying to stop outsourcing as the hangar is built and more work shipped out?

Reactions: B737 driver
GP Hoffa thinks he is going to stop work from being outsourced.. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!
The next question is will the association drag negotiations on for years and years trying to stop outsourcing as the hangar is built and more work shipped out?
Maybe he thinks if they our American Airlines employees, technically that's not outsourcing, what does your contact language say about foreign stations doing work, if it is American airlines employees doing the work? Not trying to start an argument, just asking?

IMG_3145.JPG

UAL IBT supporting TWU IAM in SFO.

Most US airlines have maintenance facilities in the US, but more and more are being sent out because of cheaper labor cost. I for one think if I'm flying a US carrier on vacation or business I would much rather have Americans working on my plane. IMO

Reactions: B737 driver and 1AA
Maybe he thinks if they our American Airlines employees, technically that's not outsourcing, what does your contact language say about foreign stations doing work, if it is American airlines employees doing the work? Not trying to start an argument, just asking?
Jobs leaving American soil to Brazil or any other country done by American Airlines employees is off shoring. Jobs being handed over to a third party outfit is outsourcing whether it's on US soil or not.
Both examples have the same results. A loss of jobs for American Airlines workers. As far as keeping jobs in the USA regardless of it being American Airlines workers or third party is a double loss.
They can't work and it hurts the economy.
So yes we prefer that jobs stay inhouse at American Airlines with union workers but this hangar in Brazil kills jobs and hurts the economy. You may not think that a few hundred jobs might not impact much but it will not stop there. If American Airlines sees it as a cost savings in the long term then more jobs going out of the country will be looked into. Like I said before unless government intervention or contract language is put in place to stop or cap the loss of jobs we have no leg to stand on.

100 million dollars big. In Brazil that's a lot for your money. I heard from our union that it holds two wide body aircraft. I'm sure someone has a copy of the details or plans.
Update, just found this. Bigger than I thought.

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/american-airlines-build-hangar-brazil/

Yes, indeed. 100 Million down there should get double what it would get up here in the states. Jim, I still predict that your nego's will more than likely start picking up a bit, but it may not come until after all the holidays, so beginning 2018. JMHO.

Yes, indeed. 100 Million down there should get double what it would get up here in the states. Jim, I still predict that your nego's will more than likely start picking up a bit, but it may not come until after all the holidays, so beginning 2018. JMHO.
I just found out and told Swamt on our board that AMFA will not come face us in person on these so called road shows only video conferencing, I guess they don't want to face the anger of the membership. So now you know why I say they ,AMFA is no better than the industrial unions, that they preach they are so much better than. Sad!

My opinion is most unions are a business like any other business. If and when we get a contract I know from my past experiences the union will pound their chest and say see what we did for you. I don't trust my union or AA union. Prove me wrong and get a industry leading contract!!!

My opinion is most unions are a business like any other business. If and when we get a contract I know from my past experiences the union will pound their chest and say see what we did for you. I don't trust my union or AA union. Prove me wrong and get a industry leading contract!!!
Well we are tired of excuses on why we cannot vote on something. Aug 16 th was 5 years, now we are going into year 6 , but hey AMFA will hide in their bunker and give us a video conference on why they can't come to an agreement.

Well we are tired of excuses on why we cannot vote on something. Aug 16 th was 5 years, now we are going into year 6 , but hey AMFA will hide in their bunker and give us a video conference on why they can't come to an agreement.
Why do you want to vote on something that sucks and not industry leading . That’s many of the gripes I’ve had with the twu bringing back crap to vote on. That passes and we’re stuck with it 5 years why don’t you use the energy you use to blame AMFA. For everything and let Kelly and the board at SWA to bargain in good faith. I would love to be in your place having AMFA as my union and being the number one work group . Unlike us where we are the bottom group in the twu. With fleet service controlling our contract. Where we lose sick pay and stores who has more vacation then we have. You better careful what you wish for with not having AMFA.

Reactions: B737 driver
Why do you want to vote on something that sucks and not industry leading . That’s many of the gripes I’ve had with the twu bringing back crap to vote on. That passes and we’re stuck with it 5 years why don’t you use the energy you use to blame AMFA. For everything and let Kelly and the board at SWA to bargain in good faith. I would love to be in your place having AMFA as my union and being the number one work group . Unlike us where we are the bottom group in the twu. With fleet service controlling our contract. Where we lose sick pay and stores who has more vacation then we have. You better careful what you wish for with not having AMFA.
Because the story has changed so much, lack of communication, no end in sight, and in the end not letting us decide for ourselves, there is stuff to fight for, and then there is stuff not that important. We were told when we started this it would take 3 years. We could've had a contract extension, they wanted full blown section 6 negotiations, and we are outgunned, most people do not care, just look at the protest pictures. No one wants a strike vote, so we sit.

Latest posts