Aircraft maint issues

Why do you want to vote on something that sucks and not industry leading . That’s many of the gripes I’ve had with the twu bringing back crap to vote on. That passes and we’re stuck with it 5 years why don’t you use the energy you use to blame AMFA. For everything and let Kelly and the board at SWA to bargain in good faith. I would love to be in your place having AMFA as my union and being the number one work group . Unlike us where we are the bottom group in the twu. With fleet service controlling our contract. Where we lose sick pay and stores who has more vacation then we have. You better careful what you wish for with not having AMFA.
But enough about us, you guys have more serious issues.

Why do you want to vote on something that sucks and not industry leading . That’s many of the gripes I’ve had with the twu bringing back crap to vote on. That passes and we’re stuck with it 5 years why don’t you use the energy you use to blame AMFA. For everything and let Kelly and the board at SWA to bargain in good faith. I would love to be in your place having AMFA as my union and being the number one work group . Unlike us where we are the bottom group in the twu. With fleet service controlling our contract. Where we lose sick pay and stores who has more vacation then we have. You better careful what you wish for with not having AMFA.
IGM.'ers. Have a feeling who you are addressing. What all the complainers at SWA screaming about the union holding out for a vote would scream bloody murder on AMFA if they were to fold, agree to it all and send it out for a vote. Same thing happened after AMFA was agreeing to the extensions SWA was offering during and after the 911 crisis. All the AMFA haters (teamster lovers) were screaming that "AMFA has never done a full blown contract", and "AMFA has only done contract extensions" and "AMFA doesn't know how to do a full blown contract, they just want to extend, extend, and extend." Well guess what? They got their wishes and have nobody to blame but themselves. Cause I think SWA ans AMFA were tossing doing another extension back in 2012, but all the teamster lovers were screaming that AMFA doesn't know how to negotiate and can't do a full blown sec 6 opener. Well here we are. We are in full blown, sec. 6 nego's at their request and demands, and they they are all whining and crying about not having something to vote on. What hypocrites I tell you. It never ends with the teamster lovers to change how things are going to try and make AMFA look bad when in fact it was them that got AMFA to reject the contract extension offer in 2012 (it was for 3 years with some 3% raises--the typical contract extensions we have had) and could have had some raises with same contract. You always have to be careful what you wish for, just like they wished for full sec. 6 nego's they are now wishing for a vote on crap. Now quit whining and crying, these sec 6 nego's were brought on by all the teamster lovers-AMFA haters, and then they try to blame AMFA for it when they did what they wanted, full sec 6 nego's, pathetic I tell you, it never ends.

IGM.'ers. Have a feeling who you are addressing. What all the complainers at SWA screaming about the union holding out for a vote would scream bloody murder on AMFA if they were to fold, agree to it all and send it out for a vote. Same thing happened after AMFA was agreeing to the extensions SWA was offering during and after the 911 crisis. All the AMFA haters (teamster lovers) were screaming that "AMFA has never done a full blown contract", and "AMFA has only done contract extensions" and "AMFA doesn't know how to do a full blown contract, they just want to extend, extend, and extend." Well guess what? They got their wishes and have nobody to blame but themselves. Cause I think SWA ans AMFA were tossing doing another extension back in 2012, but all the teamster lovers were screaming that AMFA doesn't know how to negotiate and can't do a full blown sec 6 opener. Well here we are. We are in full blown, sec. 6 nego's at their request and demands, and they they are all whining and crying about not having something to vote on. What hypocrites I tell you. It never ends with the teamster lovers to change how things are going to try and make AMFA look bad when in fact it was them that got AMFA to reject the contract extension offer in 2012 (it was for 3 years with some 3% raises--the typical contract extensions we have had) and could have had some raises with same contract. You always have to be careful what you wish for, just like they wished for full sec. 6 nego's they are now wishing for a vote on crap. Now quit whining and crying, these sec 6 nego's were brought on by all the teamster lovers-AMFA haters, and then they try to blame AMFA for it when they did what they wanted, full sec 6 nego's, pathetic I tell you, it never ends.
Ok Swamt AMFA lover why did they reject that they screamed that this was a Teamster contract, face the facts AMFA is getting their ass handed to them by SWA management, you come on the American board telling them how bad their association is, you can't face the facts. AMFA LIED ABOUT THE ROAD SHOWS, They will do a video conference from their secret bunker, because they won't face the membership, see if Hackman can help you, good luck .

Maybe he thinks if they our American Airlines employees, technically that's not outsourcing, what does your contact language say about foreign stations doing work, if it is American airlines employees doing the work? Not trying to start an argument, just asking?

To the extent that this work is performed by persons who are
not on the American Airlines Transport Workers Union Title I seniority list,
this work will be deemed to be contracted out.

I would like to know what the mechanics on the legacy American side think about the company wanting us to go to the higher health insurance? I was told the legacy US Air insurance is way cheaper with more coverage.

I will try to post there insurance coverage cost for this coming year.

Attachments

• 2017 Health Benifits.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 234
Of course we (LAA) would like lower healthcare costs and have the same or better coverage. I just don't think its a fight we can win. No other work group has won that battle in this merger. Why do you think we would? We have the weakest representation of any group.

Guess I will drop this here since our friends got the Brazil Hangar thread locked. Does anyone know of the timeline for construction of said hangar?

Of course we (LAA) would like lower healthcare costs and have the same or better coverage. I just don't think its a fight we can win. No other work group has won that battle in this merger. Why do you think we would? We have the weakest representation of any group.
I was told LAA was already paying higher cost so it wasn't a deal breaker for them by our union people. Just trying to get a feel for if it would be a deal breaker for LAA or not. And maybe if it was a sticking point for the contract that as a smaller work group as everyone else has gone over to the higher plan we wouldn't matter as much. LUS has had this plan for years so I don't see how the company can say it is unsustainable. I think the helping hands agreement or what ever they are calling it now ( working on each others planes ) took away ANY bargaining power we had.

I pay roughly $75.00 per paycheck (very 2 wks) for myself and my Son. Prescriptions are cheap at about $3.00 for a 90 day supply thru express scripts. When I compare my coverage to my friends outside of AA, we are sitting pretty good in comparison. Sure, it could be better and I would love for it to be cheaper as long as my coverage does not decrease. Personally, medical is not a deal breaker for me. I`m budgeted for it and am accustomed to it. There are many,many more issues that are much more important to me and my family. Here is what my coverage at AA looks like.

Cost Sharing
Individual deductible apply for family coverage? Yes
Annual deductible In Network
$850 Individual; $2,550 Family
Out of Network
$3,000 Individual; $9,000 Family
Out-of-pocket maximum In Network
$2,000 Individual; $5,000 Family; Medical and Prescription copays & coinsurance combined; does not include deductible
Out of Network
$6,000 Individual; $15,000 Family; Medical and Prescription copays & coinsurance combined; does not include deductible

I was told LAA was already paying higher cost so it wasn't a deal breaker for them by our union people. Just trying to get a feel for if it would be a deal breaker for LAA or not. And maybe if it was a sticking point for the contract that as a smaller work group as everyone else has gone over to the higher plan we wouldn't matter as much. LUS has had this plan for years so I don't see how the company can say it is unsustainable. I think the helping hands agreement or what ever they are calling it now ( working on each others planes ) took away ANY bargaining power we had.

Everybody would like lower cost insurance, it's great you have it for now. Problem is, even groups that have real representation have gone to the crap coverage. There is pretty much no way the IAM or TWU would be able to be the one hold out - that maintains better coverage than everybody else.

I pay roughly $75.00 per paycheck (very 2 wks) for myself and my Son. Prescriptions are cheap at about $3.00 for a 90 day supply thru express scripts. When I compare my coverage to my friends outside of AA, we are sitting pretty good in comparison. Sure, it could be better and I would love for it to be cheaper as long as my coverage does not decrease. Personally, medical is not a deal breaker for me. I`m budgeted for it and am accustomed to it. There are many,many more issues that are much more important to me and my family. Here is what my coverage at AA looks like.

Cost Sharing
Out of Network
$2,000 Individual; $5,000 Family; Medical and Prescription copays & coinsurance combined; does not include deductible
Out of Network
$6,000 Individual; $15,000 Family; Medical and Prescription copays & coinsurance combined; does not include deductible
Better than our best plan at SWA

Better than our best plan at SWA
Ouch! Really? I`m afraid our LUS counterparts are in for a serious reality check. Seems to me they were subsidizing their own cheaper healthcare with lower wages all those years.

I agree that the LUS side does not like the LAA insurance. I really don't think we have a fighting chance of keeping our insurance. I know we have been discussing it a lot in our shop, If we lose our current insurance then I feel I definitely need more money to cover the increases. The Association better fight real hard on scope. I want a no layoff clause in our contract. If they try to layoff technicians then they must bring the work back in house. Just my opinion

Cost Sharing
Out of Network
Out of Network
Thanks for the input and the info