Aircraft maint issues

Hearing this BS over and over. Show us the info and let us determine if it’s so bad. What is the date for elections of 591. It’s time to clean house. If you don’t have anything to hide. Put the info out. The Company is already doing it. So what the HELL is the NC waiting for. Either way there is going to be MAJOR layoffs when we merge the work groups. If you are a short timer. Get your ducks in line and save some money. That is what these clowns are scared to tell you. Be smart and get ready.

Hearing this BS over and over. Show us the info and let us determine if it’s so bad. What is the date for elections of 591. It’s time to clean house. If you don’t have anything to hide. Put the info out. The Company is already doing it. So what the HELL is the NC waiting for. Either way there is going to be MAJOR layoffs when we merge the work groups. If you are a short timer. Get your ducks in line and save some money. That is what these clowns are scared to tell you. Be smart and get ready.
Sounds like the same old song and dance, but they sure collect the dues money. We get road shows here at SWA, explaining why we haven't come to a T/A yet , no new game plan on getting the company to move. I am hoping with the ETOPS that we are going to need with the Hawaii flights we have something to work with, because we blew it back in 2012 with the integration deal.

Hey Larry since you and I both work in MIA I’ll make you a bet here. My bet is NO when we all do get JCBA’s there will be no layoffs (To the street) for at least the life of the contracts.

And no I’m not saying that people might not be forced to move around to keep a job but I believe anyone on the clock already who wants a job is going to have one even when the dust clears.

Now the bet is off of course if you think people having to move means layoff?

And about any updates the Union puts out in never fails to amaze me the damned if you do, damned if you don’t attitude of some members.

Reactions: Topcat187
Hey Larry since you and I both work in MIA I’ll make you a bet here. My bet is NO when we all do get JCBA’s there will be no layoffs (To the street) for at least the life of the contracts.

And no I’m not saying that people might not be forced to move around to keep a job but I believe anyone on the clock already who wants a job is going to have one even when the dust clears.

And about any updates the Union puts out in never fails to amaze me the damned if you do, damned if you don’t attitude of some members.
In all fairness, Gary has threatened to reveal what the concessions are that AA is offering, he has yet to provide that information.

Reveal the concessions? Probably after Fleet Service for their compensation and the mechanics for production with outsoucing being the big issue?

In all fairness, Gary has threatened to reveal what the concessions are that AA is offering, he has yet to provide that information.
I can't believe you just said. IN ALL FAIRNESS.. I dont understand how the fact that he Threatened to do something mean jack **** to me. Grow some balls and do it. What is he scared of. The company may get mad at him and make him fly D2 instead of A class. Or the fact that the company may make the UNION pay all the salaries of ALL the officers that are off the clock. Or that we might like what we see and tell them to bring it to the floor for a Vote.

I will take that bet. I am saying that system wide there will be people laid off. Meaning after the bumps. There will be a LOT of people that will not be working. If you want to still make the bet. I dont gamble money, so lets think of something like . Snappers wings and jumbo shrimp.

Threatening someone doesn’t always mean that you ultimately throw the punch. Sometimes maybe you’re better off not doing it?

I will take that bet. I am saying that system wide there will be people laid off. Meaning after the bumps. There will be a LOT of people that will not be working. If you want to still make the bet. I dont gamble money, so lets think of something like . Snappers wings and jumbo shrimp.

Never been to a Snappers but you got a bet.

Threatening someone doesn’t always mean that you ultimately throw the punch. Sometimes maybe you’re better off not doing it?
Funny W, when I have fought as a youngster, someone threatens one punch and walks away, he only wanted my attention. If he threatened me again with no action, I figured it out that he was all talk and no action!

That's beca

That's because this asso. leaves the membership in the dark. Like I said some time ago weez; the concessions will come out when you guys get a T/A to vote on, then BAM!!! You guys will know. That is how the ole TWU/IAM works and has worked for decades. Hide all the negative until T/A time and hope the membership goes for the money.
Also weez, that's the very same guy that has been saying "industry leading contract" in previous video updates. Check the last two or three and you will have it. Or better yet weez, post all the updates from this guy and I will pull it for you, he does in fact mention it and said they will get "ILC". He even slightly hinted to it at the 1 minute and 30 sec. mark of this video just posted. Now you have your proof weez. What you do with it is up to you.
BTW; it also looks like your membership is getting restless, some are starting to demand to see the concessions. This is what you get when you keep the membership in the dark for too long. I told you this would happen and it is, you guys just haven't seen the concessions yet, BUT you know they are there, how sad... Any concessions to any member rather TWU or IAM is not getting an ILC because in some cases they would be lower than Delta, United or Southwest, what part of that do you not understand???

That's beca

That's because this asso. leaves the membership in the dark. Like I said some time ago weez; the concessions will come out when you guys get a T/A to vote on, then BAM!!! You guys will know. That is how the ole TWU/IAM works and has worked for decades. Hide all the negative until T/A time and hope the membership goes for the money.
Also weez, that's the very same guy that has been saying "industry leading contract" in previous video updates. Check the last two or three and you will have it. Or better yet weez, post all the updates from this guy and I will pull it for you, he does in fact mention it and said they will get "ILC". He even slightly hinted to it at the 1 minute and 30 sec. mark of this video just posted. Now you have your proof weez. What you do with it is up to you.
BTW; it also looks like your membership is getting restless, some are starting to demand to see the concessions. This is what you get when you keep the membership in the dark for too long. I told you this would happen and it is, you guys just haven't seen the concessions yet, BUT you know they are there, how sad... Any concessions to any member rather TWU or IAM is not getting an ILC because in some cases they would be lower than Delta, United or Southwest, what part of that do you not understand???

At AA we are going to have Industry Leading Contracts period. Then as usual someone will come along and leapfrog over us. Hell it could even be you? Will there be “changes” here and there to put language together that people will feel is a concession to them? Guaranteed absolutely. Changes in philosophies alone can make a concession to any individual if that’s how he wants to view it. There are areas trying to put it together that would be 100% impossible to not have it viewed that way.

Show me the word “PROMISE” though? The word I’m looking for is “PROMISE”? You stated that the Association “PROMISED” swamt. Now stop playing games and shove that proof down my throat to shut me up once and for all?

swamt you look at the World way too simple for me and my guess is that many you work with and negotiate for you are exactly the same. Why you’re over 5 years (In actual Negotiations) I suspect. You’re now officially making less per hour than all your Major Counterparts in the Industry and have (Don’t care about the reasons just like you) thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of less jobs. Thousands.

BTW you ONLY hate the TWU, IAM and IBT because you want (need) all those people to join AMFA to maybe help you secure your survival working for SWA. How come you’ve still had no strike vote yet? C’mon man grow a set already. Have that Strike vote. Exercise your rights under the RLA and NMB. Vote to strike and when the NMB releases you, you can really show Gary Kelly who’s the boss at that Airline. You really do need to Strike over there by now.

BTW if there are a few restless members over here, you’re SWA thread is absolutely inundated with dissatisfied peeps.

At AA we are going to have Industry Leading Contracts period. Then as usual someone will come along and leapfrog over us. Hell it could even be you? Will there be “changes” here and there to put language together that people will feel is a concession to them? Guaranteed absolutely. Changes in philosophies alone can make a concession to any individual if that’s how he wants to view it. There are areas trying to put it together that would be 100% impossible to not have it viewed that way.

Show me the word “PROMISE” though? The word I’m looking for is “PROMISE”? You stated that the Association “PROMISED” swamt. Now stop playing games and shove that proof down my throat to shut me up once and for all?

swamt you look at the World way too simple for me and my guess is that many you work with and negotiate for you are exactly the same. Why you’re over 5 years (In actual Negotiations) I suspect. You’re now officially making less per hour than all your Major Counterparts in the Industry and have (Don’t care about the reasons just like you) thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of less jobs. Thousands.

BTW you ONLY hate the TWU, IAM and IBT because you want (need) all those people to join AMFA to maybe help you secure your survival working for SWA. How come you’ve still had no strike vote yet? C’mon man grow a set already. Have that Strike vote. Exercise your rights under the RLA and NMB. Vote to strike and when the NMB releases you, you can really show Gary Kelly who’s the boss at that Airline. You really do need to Strike over there by now.

BTW if there are a few restless members over here, you’re SWA thread is absolutely inundated with dissatisfied peeps.
He can't help it weeezzz, he knows AMFA is running out of excuses, but if he trashes all the other unions. In his mind AMFA is the winner. The funny thing is he can call your guys T/A full of concessions, but even if it didn't it's still a T/A ,you guys will get one before we do.Ask him how he plans to get 5 to 7 years of his life back, he won't have an answer.

He can't help it weeezzz, he knows AMFA is running out of excuses, but if he trashes all the other unions. In his mind AMFA is the winner. The funny thing is he can call your guys T/A full of concessions, but even if it didn't it's still a T/A ,you guys will get one before we do.Ask him how he plans to get 5 to 7 years of his life back, he won't have an answer.

Fleet does not have much of a choice. If they are happy, why fight for the mechanic. You are an A&P but a supporter of industrial unionism.

Just an observation and a thought.... In years past our membership didn't show much unity and voted in bad contracts many times. I would think that if the entire offer were revealed you'd see posts here and also hear from some coworkers that it was not a bad deal. Truth is a lot of the membership cannot be trusted and would help the company sell a bad deal. Remember their goal is for 50% plus one vote and that is what they got in 2012. Was it a good deal? Of course not. If I were G. Peterson I would not trust this membership either. Just my two cents. Sometimes the union has to protect the membership from themselves. After all we're the ones who voted to give away all the stuff we are trying to get back right? Think about it.

Latest posts