Aircraft maint issues

So donate your raise to Susan G Komen in American Airlines name then you dweeb.

BTW I still think you’re an old Jim Little ATD crony who was chucked out on his ass and is bitter and sourpuss. Is this you Bobby? Hey did you have to sell the boat man?

Not a Jim Little crony nor am I Bobby.
I am a mechanic with common sense. Not a TWU lackey like you dumbass...
I will sign any unions card that is willing to take on twu/iam's never ending representation.
The problem is a majority of the twu aa members do not give a rats ass..about any union...

How bout you share that holiday pay on the 5 five holidays you get - that the TWU doesn't, or how about sharing some sick time accrual days, or even sick pay on the first day?
Vortilon you do know that AA will be contributing billions of dollars over the years into your frozen pension plan,no one from LUS will see a penny of that. Yup the company's resources going to one group and not the other. Circumstances, it's just the way it goes sometimes. As a LUS it would be silly for me to hold any contempt for you personally

Not a Jim Little crony nor am I Bobby.
I am a mechanic with common sense. Not a TWU lackey like you dumbass...
I will sign any unions card that is willing to take on twu/iam's never ending representation.
The problem is a majority of the twu aa members do not give a rats ass..about any union...

Don?

Anyway again I don’t like this little emotional guy anyway. Let me know when you get back to the guy you were when you started out. There’s enough duffesses on Forums already.

That is your bankruptcy contract! Deal with it. Why do you feel entitled to the same contract as ours? Look at your union to change it!!!

That's your takeaway from my post? Obviously, you're not understanding the point. It was a response to a snarky comment made by a BB Newb, probably an IAM officer. In regard to your suggestion, about feeling entitled to your contract. Don't make me laugh, your contract is better than ours, but it still sucks. Let's just be clear on that. Look at my union? You must be new.

Reactions: Rogallo
I always wondered why and even asked why the Assoc never hired a professional negotiator. I was told that "We know the contract better than anyone". That maybe so but you are sitting across the table from a professional. I find it hard to believe that the IAM is purposely dragging their feet at the expense of the TWU folks. The TWU negotiators would have seen through that from the get go. It has always been said that you guys should of had the sick time, holidays and etc brought to parity with the IAM people when we got the raise. The company wants to have leverage on their side to to get a joint CBA. You guys are hating the wrong people. We are with you 100%. Remember we had no vote for the Assoc either. The company can say that they want to get it done but look back and you will see that the pilots at LUS never had a joint agreement with the AWA pilots even though the company said they wanted it done. For 10 yrs they ran separate operations saving a ton of money because the pilots on the US side were still at bankruptcy wages . Guess who that group is now? You guys of the TWU. Not sure how long you have been doing this but the pecking order is the pilots cause the co can't replace them. Next the FAs they have to be onboard the plane also(required). Anybody else they would try to contract out in a heartbeat.. Not sure why anybody thought this would get done soon. Do you remember UA? 5 yrs and the first one was voted down. Look at SWA, the co that is supposed to LUV their employees, 5 yrs and counting. The Assoc. will probably get an agreement before them, then SWA will have something to go by. There shouldn't be even talk of concessions since both sides were reamed through the bankruptcies. We're in this together, we know you guys out number the IAM. Nobody should have to lose a job with over 900 a/c. Our contract was abrogated in Jan 2005, we were told if we didn't vote yes the co was 2 weeks from liquidation. I don't feel the IAM gave up anything, it was stolen from us. Do I agree with everything the unions are doing or did over the years, no but I think you would agree that we'd be a lot worse off without them.

In the real world the IAM should not have been involved according to the NMB rules of the past, the larger of the two unions should have prevailed. I am not saying the people of LUS, just the the representitive, this includes the Association.

That is your bankruptcy contract! Deal with it. Why do you feel entitled to the same contract as ours? Look at your union to change it!!!

You mean the IAM and the Association are not part of our union?
That is what we have been saying, no picketing and no parity.
One union for the Class and Craft

608C6A58-B587-430D-A36C-E6DB25F2CD28.jpeg

I want to say TWU members that you will get the most benefits from the new contract. You’re holidays will increase and vacations. We will most likely lose our insurance and be stuck with your high cost insurance. I still don’t understand why you complain about the current IAM contract when you’re union helped in accepting you’re bankruptcy contract. Why did either unions accept the working on each other’s metal without bringing everyone to the same holidays? STOP complaining about how the IAM current contract is better than yours.

I too would like to know WHY either union agreed to working on both metals. My opinion? They bought the members off with the pay raise. That simple little contract dispute was the feather in the cap, the unions or rather the asso. should have NEVER allowed the working on boths metals until a new JCBA was had, period.

They agreed because the members wanted the money.

Funny, I don't recall being informed by the union that they were negotiating an interim deal. No one is complaining about the raise mind you...but just like the JCBA, if anyone thinks we will not have to give something up in exchange, well, there will always be those who will be disapointed.

The raise is great but we gave up what leverage we have because with the raise came cross-utilization. We have a satisfied workgroup willing and able to take work from the TWU if need be.
So we get back to the question of “who’s side is the IAM on?

They agreed because the members wanted the money.

Not quite. The membership was never given the option. The two unions/asso. made the decision for the members, not as you claim, that the membership wanted the deal. The co. bought this option from the asso. with NO members input or say so once again. And just as AA89 said above, this was the unions only leverage, and the company knew this, hence the big generous Parker pay raise to get the cross utilization of working each other's metal. This leverage could have been used to get you guys to the D or U plus 7% that Parker originally promised then yanked right out from underneath everyone. No more leverage and now the asso. can only simply agree to what Parker changed to which will be plus 3% and no more. Once this asso. allowed that leverage to go by the waste side, they now have no more. Some out here may think you guys are close to a T/A but your not. Once it is revealed with all the changes coming it will have to go back to the table as it will not be industry leading as promised.

Reactions: 1AA