Aircraft maint issues

Funny, I don't recall being informed by the union that they were negotiating an interim deal. No one is complaining about the raise mind you...but just like the JCBA, if anyone thinks we will not have to give something up in exchange, well, there will always be those who will be disapointed.
That's because no one was informed they were making this deal. Remember it was all of a sudden announced a deal has been made for the unions members to receive raises prior to a JCBA being reached. It was later released that the raises were in exchange for working both metals. Another decision made behind closed doors between the union upper leaders and the company.

That's because no one was informed they were making this deal. Remember it was all of a sudden announced a deal has been made for the unions members to receive raises prior to a JCBA being reached. It was later released that the raises were in exchange for working both metals. Another decision made behind closed doors between the union upper leaders and the company.
I hear from both sides, there is no trust in our unions. The biggest reason we did not have a vote on this association is, the unions were afraid of losing membership money. I have not trusted any unions in my 37 years in this industry. Unions are now a big business. There is lie after lie given to their members. How can the company give the pilots and flight attendants 2 raises outside their contracts. Why are the TWU members not shown how much better and cheaper the IAM health insurance is. Why should the IAM members give up their pension plan for a 401k plan. The company can give us a define plan! We should keep the IAM pensions and be able to have money put in a 401k. The company is dividing us. They want us arguing amongst ourselves, so they can keep the light off of the corporate greed. Standby each other. Not because we are in these unions but because we as employees deserve a piece of the profits we make American Airlines!!!!

HAD ENOUGH YET?
It is not the point of had enough! We need to keep negotiations going and get the best contract for our employees. We need to re-examine our union after our contract is completed. We as employees should hold the international to a much higher standards. I want the same perks as the international gets. Remember we pay their wages.

Airline Forums Aircraft Maintenance threads.

A63B1896-A383-4A98-BCBB-6F04BDAE78F8.jpeg

I want to say TWU members that you will get the most benefits from the new contract. You’re holidays will increase and vacations. We will most likely lose our insurance and be stuck with your high cost insurance. I still don’t understand why you complain about the current IAM contract when you’re union helped in accepting you’re bankruptcy contract. Why did either unions accept the working on each other’s metal without bringing everyone to the same holidays? STOP complaining about how the IAM current contract is better than yours.
If my memory serves me right the iam got a contract just before the jcba started . No one got to vote on the wage increase for metal swapping. Why are iam members so vocal with us twu members. We want your insurance . But when it comes to holidays and sick overtime and wages we want industry leading and your contract is not industry leading. Most aa mechanics did not want the merger I’m sure the same way on your side. But it happened . So we better start working together are the company is going to keep playing us against each other. Quit complaining about twu members.

If my memory serves me right the iam got a contract just before the jcba started . You are one big a—wipe. No one got to vote on the wage increase for metal swapping. Why are iam members so vocal with us twu members. We want your insurance . But when it comes to holidays and sick overtime and wages we want industry leading and your contract is not industry leading. Most aa mechanics did not want the merger I’m sure the same way on your side. But it happened . So we better start working together are the company is going to keep playing us against each other. Quit complaining about twu members.
Agree!!!

It is not the point of had enough! We need to keep negotiations going and get the best contract for our employees. We need to re-examine our union after our contract is completed. We as employees should hold the international to a much higher standards. I want the same perks as the international gets. Remember we pay their wages.

So are you in favor of craft unionism over industrial unionism?

You could lose some perks??

Those are nice red shorts you have on Weaz. Is that Albert helping you fugure out that complcated “wheel thingy”?

I hear from both sides, there is no trust in our unions. The biggest reason we did not have a vote on this association is, the unions were afraid of losing membership money. I have not trusted any unions in my 37 years in this industry. Unions are now a big business. There is lie after lie given to their members. How can the company give the pilots and flight attendants 2 raises outside their contracts. Why are the TWU members not shown how much better and cheaper the IAM health insurance is. Why should the IAM members give up their pension plan for a 401k plan. The company can give us a define plan! We should keep the IAM pensions and be able to have money put in a 401k. The company is dividing us. They want us arguing amongst ourselves, so they can keep the light off of the corporate greed. Standby each other. Not because we are in these unions but because we as employees deserve a piece of the profits we make American Airlines!!!!
I agree with everything you say or ask.

HAD ENOUGH YET?
Had a feeling that was coming.
And I do agree with his next post on a reevaluation on the union after this contract is done. Or maybe it needs to be done as soon as you guys see the T/A changes coming...