Aircraft maint issues

You do know an AA fleet service clerk makes more than a WN FMT?
If you guys got AMFA and they could get you 17%, at the end of the contract or more say 20% , than where you guys are right now, plus our double time and triple time for working over on holidays. Then get our 401k match, you would drop your Association in a heart beat!

If you guys got AMFA and they could get you 17%, at the end of the contract or more say 20% , than where you guys are right now, plus our double time and triple time for working over on holidays. Then get our 401k match, you would drop your Association in a heart beat!

Seems to me as if the roles between what SWA pays and what DL, UAL and AA are trending in opposite directions.

And that $50.24 offer came with even more outsourcing than SWA Maintenance already engages in. How many jobs would be left if that offer were accepted?

C51B5868-BBAD-48DF-83BC-AFFFCC9814BA.jpeg

Seems to me as if the roles between what SWA pays and what DL, UAL and AA are trending in opposite directions.

And that $50.24 offer came with even more outsourcing than SWA Maintenance already engages in. How many jobs would be left if that offer were accepted?

View attachment 12216
You don't accept a stupid offer, if you don't like it, vote it down, and get a better one.

You don't accept a stupid offer, if you don't like it, vote it down, and get a better one.[/
B737 it’s not like we have a choice. An amendable date of September 2018 and super double secret negotiations. We won’t have anything to vote on for at least another 12 months IMO.
As for you guys moving down in the industry and us moving up, SWA isn’t looking to cut jobs. AA is, and is dangling the term “industry leading” in front of a bunch of guys with 5 to 10 years left in the industry. I’ve had a great career at AA but as far as who is in a better position right now during negotiations I would give you the edge. LAA guys lose money every day we work compared to you and even the LUS guys working next to us.

You don't accept a stupid offer, if you don't like it, vote it down, and get a better one.

Ah Dude they got to you man. They told you it was good healthy Cranberry juice non sweet and it wound up being that pitcher guy who runs through walls instead.

driver de-cult-i-vate, de-cult yourself.

Vote it down? You voted for something? When did I miss that?

Reactions: Tom Talbert 1888
B737 it’s not like we have a choice. An amendable date of September 2018 and super double secret negotiations. We won’t have anything to vote on for at least another 12 months IMO.
As for you guys moving down in the industry and us moving up, SWA isn’t looking to cut jobs. AA is, and is dangling the term “industry leading” in front of a bunch of guys with 5 to 10 years left in the industry. I’ve had a great career at AA but as far as who is in a better position right now during negotiations I would give you the edge. LAA guys lose money every day we work compared to you and even the LUS guys working next to us.

You lose money? Didn’t you get a big raise last October and another one in September?

Look we all want a damn fair JCBA to vote on but that chart I posted says that right now you ain’t doing too bad.

Yea they want some jobs. Will it happen is the question? Wait till you see the finished product to pass judgment. Don’t fear the boogeyman.

And you have around 12,000 represented jobs to their 2000 represented. Why does that never seem to get across to people in this Forums?

Last edited:
Ah Dude they got to you man. They told you it was good healthy Cranberry juice non sweet and it wound up being that pitcher guy who runs through walls instead.

driver de-cult-i-vate, de-cult yourself.

Vote it down? You voted for something? When did I miss that?
No I just decided to quit arguing, I lose money too, but not as bad as the American guys. Let's face it, doesn't matter what union you belong too, whining accomplished nothing. We all get something to vote on when our companies get serious, and our unions sign off on it. Peace Wezzz!

”””””I lose money too, but not as bad as the American guys.””””” !

I agreed with everything you said except this one line here. In BASE wages TOS AA makes about $8,000.00 more per year than his SWA counterpart. Add in OT and that could become a hell of a lot more. And of course the represented amount of jobs between the two groups.

But to be fair that doesn’t include Benefits which yes I believe you blow them away on. Or compounded pay and benefits over a decade or so before they finally passed you in wages.

Hey but for every comparison pointing at one thing or another there’s always something else that can be tossed back.

Oh not to mention SWA never lost money or went Bankrupt either. Damn solid chair to sit in there. (If you could get a seat)

Peace to you too d.

Yeah that’s what the issue is. What will be in the TA.
You know hourly pay is only part of the equation. Yeah, we AMTs are behind in OT, sick pay, vac, and holidays compared to our industry peers. Did I leave something out?
Job loss. Will it happen? No. Not until we vote in the TA that we all know includes worst Scope than we have now. Patience will see us sitting here 5 years from now behind in all the areas I mentioned.
SWA is a different animal as they have always outsourced more maintenance and have a different business model.
I give them credit for trying to being more work in house. But they are in a better position to be patient than we are. Bankruptcy will do that I guess.

Latest posts