Aircraft maint issues

In the event a JCBA at the new AA has not been ratified prior to 9/12/17, a 1.5% increase to the base rates of pay will be applied and the amendable date of the agreement will become 9/12/18 This is from page 112 of the M&R IAM Agreement which can be pulled up on Jetnet.
Thanks.

I won't go into specifics due to the nature of my job.

I will provide you a hypothetical example however.

Hypothetically, I could make a mistake in a router or switch and impact 911 services for an entire community.

Is that enough jeopardy for you?

I see, but unlikely, why the deflection? You could make general statements concerning these mistakes without devulging any company copyrights. My guess is that if you made a mistake?? the call could be rerouted in a split second unless another mistake was made. I guess you are working for the CIA or NSA being super sensitive.

I see, but unlikely, why the deflection?
Very likely. It has happened. Google it.

No deflection. You asked how my job could put lives in jeopardy and I gave you an example. I provided EXACTLY what you asked for. You sir are the one doing the deflecting.

You could make general statements concerning these mistakes without devulging any company copyrights. My guess is that if you made a mistake?? the call could be rerouted in a split second unless another mistake was made. I guess you are working for the CIA or NSA being super sensitive.
I don't make general statements about our network and I don't comment on what customers we serve.

I see, but unlikely, why the deflection? You could make general statements concerning these mistakes without devulging any company copyrights. My guess is that if you made a mistake?? the call could be rerouted in a split second unless another mistake was made. I guess you are working for the CIA or NSA being super sensitive.
AHA....This couldn't be the source of CIA leaks, could it?;)

Very likely. It has happened. Google it.

No deflection. You asked how my job could put lives in jeopardy and I gave you an example. I provided EXACTLY what you asked for. You sir are the one doing the deflecting.
Have you not deviated the subject of this forum from Aircraft Maintenance?

Have you not deviated the subject of this forum from Aircraft Maintenance?
This whole thing started when a poster started complaining about how American Airlines was screwing him into the ground. I asked him why he felt he was being screwed into the ground when he was earning 6 figures a year with a full benefits package and only a 2 year investment in education. He could not provide a decent answer so he deflected with the statement he should be paid for his responsibility. I showed him examples of occupations with life and death responsibilities that earn half of what he does (some with higher job entry requirements).

Then you tried to be a smart ass and challenged me to show you how my job could put lives in jeopardy. Then after I provided you an example you realized you stuck your foot in your mouth and went on the offensive.

You opened the "off topic" door when you asked me to educate you as to how my job could put human lives in jeopardy. I answered your question. You stated I was deflecting. I pointed out to you I gave you exactly what you asked for. Now, you are using the answer you asked me for to accuse me of deviation.

You are a real piece of work Buck.

Your a piece of work dude, I never said pay by responsibility. Must be one of your alternate facts. I said pay because I have more then 35 years in the game, they compensate me for my experience not my school. Besides that, you have no idea, how do you know my school was 2 years, your just throwing alt fact bs again dude.

Your a washed up mech that couldnt handle the heat, so you got out of the fire and then think you have cred to come on here and make comment about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your a piece of work dude, I never said pay by responsibility. Must be one of your alternate facts. I said pay because I have more then 35 years in the game, they compensate me for my experience not my school.

You know what, you are right. That was lineguy43. My mistake.

I was just rebutting YOUR post about our salary and only a 2 year investment. How about we get paid for our responsibility as well. Look at any aircraft accident you will find pilot error as the # 1 cause and A/C maintenance or lack of it as the second. You wouldn't know that from where you are sitting but from where I sit in maintenance control it is very easy to get burned by the FAA as an A@P. When an accident happens first place the FAA goes is the maintenance logbook then the flight data and voice recorders. So save your smartass comment of "get over it" Come talk to us when you have more responsibility then slinging bags.

Besides that, you have no idea, how do you know my school was 2 years, your just throwing alt fact bs again dude.
The program here for A&P at Tulsa Tech is 2 years. I based my comment on that information.

http://tulsatech.edu/classes/fulltime/aviation-generals-airframe/
http://tulsatech.edu/classes/fulltime/aviation-generals-powerplant/

Your a washed up mech that couldnt handle the heat, so you got out of the fire and then think you have cred to come on here and make comment about it.
Now YOU are the one throwing out alt fact bs. I was NEVER a mechanic. I was a FSC at TULE.

I would not be an aircraft mechanic. Not saying it is not a good job, just not for me. That and to hear you guys tell it the sky is falling (loss of pay and benefits, offshoring, non licensed mechanics).

Last edited:
On Jetnet watch ORD Maintenance Town Hall 3/22/17 Ord guys asked a lot of good questions and comments
Really good questions that Isom pretended not to understand and gave lousy answers to. I also LOVED the US Air guy who is the typical "I Got Mine" a$$ hat who couldn't care less about the LAA guys. He also heaped praise on DP who is pillaging the company as we speak. This guy showed they got idiots on the IAM side too. Anyone that knows him please kick him in the pills for me. Isom said he wants mediation and we all know that will slow down the process even more. Stall is the only plan he and his filthy rich buddies have. They need a wake up call.

Really good questions that Isom pretended not to understand and gave lousy answers to. I also LOVED the US Air guy who is the typical "I Got Mine" a$$ hat who couldn't care less about the LAA guys. He also heaped praise on DP who is pillaging the company as we speak. This guy showed they got idiots on the IAM side too. Anyone that knows him please kick him in the pills for me. Isom said he wants mediation and we all know that will slow down the process even more. Stall is the only plan he and his filthy rich buddies have. They need a wake up call.

Agreed, the US Air AMT couldn't be more of a complete douche nozzle. That half-tard might just consider going into management asap, where his butt kissing would be more beneficial. He will never live that moment down, or be trusted.

Reactions: OldGuy@AA
The one thing I got from this town hall was it is going to be along time before we get a contract. Time to send a wake up call!!!!

You know what, you are right. That was lineguy43. My mistake.

The program here for A&P at Tulsa Tech is 2 years. I based my comment on that information.

http://tulsatech.edu/classes/fulltime/aviation-generals-airframe/
http://tulsatech.edu/classes/fulltime/aviation-generals-powerplant/

Now YOU are the one throwing out alt fact bs. I was NEVER a mechanic. I was a FSC at TULE.

I would not be an aircraft mechanic. Not saying it is not a good job, just not for me. That and to hear you guys tell it the sky is falling (loss of pay and benefits, offshoring, non licensed mechanics).

What do you say to the 125K per year Flight Dispatcher who did 8 weeks of night school with a high school diploma doing a job that could be handled by a cell phone app?

What do you say to the $$ Pilot who never went to college and just focused on getting his or hers ratings and flight hours to get their foot in the door?

Same argument goes for Sim Techs, oh I'm sorry, engineers now. lol

Don't even get me started on some of the uneducated managers from all different title groups.

Don't forget, that 2 year school - is 5 days a week, and 8 hours per day. In other words, not your typical college schedule where you're only in school a couple hours per day on average. This needs to be put into perspective, that 2 year course you refer to, probably has more classroom time than a typical college offering a 4 year liberal arts degree.

What do you say to the 125K per year Flight Dispatcher who did 8 weeks of night school with a high school diploma doing a job that could be handled by a cell phone app?
I would say if it is as easy to replace them as you say they would already be gone.

What do you say to the $$ Pilot who never went to college and just focused on getting his or hers ratings and flight hours to get their foot in the door?
Same argument goes for Sim Techs, oh I'm sorry, engineers now. lol

Don't even get me started on some of the uneducated managers from all different title groups.

Don't forget, that 2 year school - is 5 days a week, and 8 hours per day. In other words, not your typical college schedule where you're only in school a couple hours per day on average. This needs to be put into perspective, that 2 year course you refer to, probably has more classroom time than a typical college offering a 4 year liberal arts degree.
It does not matter to me what they make. The point is American Airlines mechanics income FAR exceeds the median income for the United States PER HOUSEHOLD ($55,775 in 2015, the most recent data) so maybe people on here need to stop acting like they are destitute.