Aircraft maint issues

Had to drop in here today and say that I watched the ORD Maintenance Town Hall last night and give all of those guys extreme kudos.

Fantastic display of solidarity.

Had to drop in here today and say that I watched the ORD Maintenance Town Hall last night and give all of those guys extreme kudos.

Fantastic display of solidarity.

Yep, I agree. Those guys stood strong and sent a clear message. Very disappointed in Isom suggesting mediation is the way forward.

Yep, I agree. Those guys stood strong and sent a clear message. Very disappointed in Isom suggesting mediation is the way forward.

I loved how he got rattled when the one guy said to him if you're saying you got the best Negotiators in there then why do you need mediators? Perfect comment.

Yeah, several nice jabs during the meeting. I was only able to watch bits and pieces of it. Pesky thing they call work got in the way. I will go back and watch it again. Great job by the guys there in ORD. Thank you from DWH!

I would say if it is as easy to replace them as you say they would already be gone.

It does not matter to me what they make. The point is American Airlines mechanics income FAR exceeds the median income for the United States PER HOUSEHOLD ($55,775 in 2015, the most recent data) so maybe people on here need to stop acting like they are destitute.

I don't see anyone posting that they are destitute. What I see is people that see the disparity in benefits not only with or peers at other airlines, but with our LUS AMTs at our own company. Your opinion seems to be anything over the median income in the US - is frosting on the cake, and we should be happy. That's not our benchmark, and you know it. Not unlike many other industries and professions, our pay and benefits are based on the average of our peers at similar companies.

Agreed, the US Air AMT couldn't be more of a complete douche nozzle. That half-tard might just consider going into management asap, where his butt kissing would be more beneficial. He will never live that moment down, or be trusted.
Stockholm Syndrome. He should seek help for that.

A guy named Roger Reed really did a great job. He said we have been "Sloganed to death". His comments were right on. But the others did good too..... Except the US Air butt kisser of course. Way to go ORD! You represented us well!

What does mediation mean IN THIS CASE? After all we are not in section 6 negotiations. This is a "nice to get" jcba. Does it mean the parties have to agree and get the nmb involved or does it mean go out and hire one off the street?

This whole thing started when a poster started complaining about how American Airlines was screwing him into the ground. I asked him why he felt he was being screwed into the ground when he was earning 6 figures a year with a full benefits package and only a 2 year investment in education. He could not provide a decent answer so he deflected with the statement he should be paid for his responsibility. I showed him examples of occupations with life and death responsibilities that earn half of what he does (some with higher job entry requirements).

Then you tried to be a smart ass and challenged me to show you how my job could put lives in jeopardy. Then after I provided you an example you realized you stuck your foot in your mouth and went on the offensive.

You opened the "off topic" door when you asked me to educate you as to how my job could put human lives in jeopardy. I answered your question. You stated I was deflecting. I pointed out to you I gave you exactly what you asked for. Now, you are using the answer you asked me for to accuse me of deviation.

You are a real piece of work Buck.

I may be a piece of work but you deviated by bringing your profession into the conversation. Perhaps you could grace aircraft maintenance with adequate computer hardware to keep up with the times?
Why is it that no matter where people go, the hardware and or the software is slow. Is it just IE departments falling behind or the maintenance performed on these items?

What does mediation mean IN THIS CASE? After all we are not in section 6 negotiations. This is a "nice to get" jcba. Does it mean the parties have to agree and get the nmb involved or does it mean go out and hire one off the street?[
Well if we are going to mediation ? Might as well try to get rid assc. Someone call Teamsters.

What does mediation mean IN THIS CASE? After all we are not in section 6 negotiations. This is a "nice to get" jcba. Does it mean the parties have to agree and get the nmb involved or does it mean go out and hire one off the street?

Don't forget that before the US AIR mechanics joined us the I.A.M was getting pushed around by their management in contract talks.

I talked to the USair mech after the merger and before the usair new contract, I can assure you he wasn't all I love Doug back then, amazing how having a good contract can change your attitude.

I sure was disappointed how weak our executives came off, either they're going out of their way not to give us a contract or they're not able to manage a contract. Either way, they're giving the other work groups industry leading contracts (when they were signed) keeping their word to those work groups and dragging their feet on ours.

The others got their contracts 2 years ago, you can't tell me they didn't expect we would need a new contract also, no matter how the association was formed the executives new what was coming.

If the mediator did a fair assessment, the only conclusion he could come to _ would be that AMT benefits on the LAA side are far below the industry standard. I would suspect the company wants to change the scope percentage of work farmed out in exchange for restoring our benefits. The union has run out of excuses to convince line AMTs to accept less in order to maintain headcount in overhaul.

Latest posts