Aircraft maint issues

I read and posted that the other day. It’s an opinion piece from one guy written as a Forbes contributor. I also posted the BLS reports that don’t support the Forbes opinion piece at least as far as AMT jobs here in the US.

Here’s a major problem I think AMT have. You’re all fragmented all over the place. UAL has changed Unions a million times, SWA has changed Unions and LUS almost changed Unions and AA guys are always threatening “Card Drive, Card Drive” So now you get this.

LAA TWU/Association
LUS IAM/Association
UAL IBT
SWA AMFA
Delta No Union at all.

You guys are a mess cause you’re all over the map and can’t pool your resources cause you’re always squabbling against each other.

Not meaning you directly hog but your Class and Craft is an absolute total mess.

Now if you were all in one BIG HUGE Union. Ooooo man!!!!! (And AMFA would be fine if you chucked SSM&P IMO)

Wrong. The TWU under Jim Little was in financial trouble because of a judgement against Local 100 in NYC where they couldn’t collect dues because of an action by then President Roger Touisant. They also had too many people on payroll.

When the Little/ Joe Gorden team lost, the new Lombardo Administration fired many on staff with no replacements. Plus the fine/judgement against 100 came to an end. The TWU now was able to save money to be able to make some moves to push the MTA, AA and others. So yes they are making the investment into supporting Aircraft Maintenance and other work remaining in hand.

Your Union does not have the resources to engage in campaigns like TWU is currently and what little resources they do have are constantly wasted to the SSM&P Law-firm unfortunately for you all.
You don't need to tell me that, I hate our law firm.

Thank you again for pointing out the obvious. SWA has always made profit and all the other Majors did not. And not irrelevant to the narrative although people here want to spin it is the number of AMT you have per Aircraft which helped you to command more as well. NO the Industrial Unions do not want to sell out that much work. And if that’s what the Major carrier Mechanics (All Mechanics under Class and Craft) really wanted then the Industrial Unions would have been kicked to the curb.

IAM at LUS 70 years
TWU at LAA 70 years

BTW I don’t like to work OT so it’s kind of hard to sell that point to me. And all the OT you got is probably cause you don’t have enough people working at SWA?

Hey who needs a life anyway? Keep doing that OT bro.
I don't kill my self in overtime, if I can make $130,000 doing a little overtime, then this association can get the same overtime rules, we have, and make the mechanics whole. I guarantee the TWU gets that, you will never see an AMFA card drive at American, plus bring some more work in house.

I don't kill my self in overtime, if I can make $130,000 doing a little overtime, then this association can get the same overtime rules, we have, and make the mechanics whole. I guarantee the TWU gets that, you will never see an AMFA card drive at American, plus bring some more work in house.

I’m not going to speak for how the IAM would ever feel about it but since Harry Lombardo and now John Samuelsen got into office those guys could care less who has a card drive or writes a showing of interest in crayon on a napkin.

They’re not planning on being distracted by any of the nonsense when there’s work that needs to get done.

I know swamt and maybe others are desperate to sign up converts but it’s not gonna happen period.

Until they’re gone and out if you support your Union, then you support the continued control of that Law Firm sucking the life out of you all.

Sorry.
Trying to change our law firm, with this group Weess, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Just tired of trying to beat a dead horse.

Trying to change our law firm, with this group Weess, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Just tired of trying to beat a dead horse.

I’ve been reading you. You’re probably doing the right thing. You can’t win anyway. Between SWA Management and SSM&P squeezing you from both ends what choice do you have?

Besides if you’re making $130,000 with only just a little bit of OT per year plus (Actually very good) Benefits why do you need a new contract anyway?

Under your circumstances I don’t think I’d give a rats ass if it took another 5 years to get a deal.

You got a nice little house over there. Be happy with it. You don’t need any extension on it.

Tom and Rogallo. They’re fun when you’re a kid but they only go round in circles.

2BFEFB6D-E4C2-4B45-8D61-A0C8AAA4A430.jpeg

Latest posts