Aircraft maint issues

I’ve been reading you. You’re probably doing the right thing. You can’t win anyway. Between SWA Management and SSM&P squeezing you from both ends what choice do you have?

Besides if you’re making $130,000 with only just a little bit of OT per year plus (Actually very good) Benefits why do you need a new contract anyway?

Under your circumstances I don’t think I’d give a rats ass if it took another 5 years to get a deal.

You got a nice little house over there. Be happy with it. You don’t need any extension on it.
We will get a contract, we just weren't willing to give a bunch of rules, we don't need to, when the other groups did not, more pressure will be on the company to get it done, when the first Max intermediate check comes due which is our work.

We will get a contract, we just weren't willing to give a bunch of rules, we don't need to, when the other groups did not, more pressure will be on the company to get it done, when the first Max intermediate check comes due which is our work.

Ok now we could have an interesting conversation here. First when does the check come due? Is it not currently in your Contract that you need to perform this work if both trained and directed? I’m guessing it’s in your Contract that if SWA owns the bird, you own the work?

Is this a situation where you feel you can hold the Airline hostage to get what you want? What recourse does the Airline have if Management doesn’t give in to your demands?

Was this what was told to you in your Station visit to make you do a 180?

Bankruptcy vs no Bankruptcy.

Every single AMFA CBA past or current has ALWAYS contained the highest percentage of outsourcing.

AS closed all of their heavy maintenance under AMFA, you can’t say the same about AA and the TWU.

You do realize I hope that you’re about to argue with people who don’t care about the jobs because they feel too much money was sacrificed for them.

Same individuals who have claimed it better to be laid off for 5 years if they have a higher paid job to return to.

Your about to get into a philosophical Merry Ground conversation that will go nowhere.

Ok now we could have an interesting conversation here. First when does the check come due? Is it not currently in your Contract that you need to perform this work if both trained and directed? I’m guessing it’s in your Contract that if SWA owns the bird, you own the work?

Is this a situation where you feel you can hold the Airline hostage to get what you want? What recourse does the Airline have if Management doesn’t give in to your demands?

Was this what was told to you in your Station visit to make you do a 180?
Not hostage, just bargain, yes any intermediate check including ETOPS is our work. The first intermediate check on the B737 Max is due in August of 2018. And let's face it Wess ETOPS certification doesn't just happen, it could be up to two years! That's why they intend to use the 800s first for ETOPS. They are still working with the Feds to get the model 6000 HUD certification cat 3 on the Max. That is a multistep process. We are starting to hear rumors that the company is starting to back off from some of their ridiculous demands. No one ever gets everything they want. Here is to us all getting a contract in 2018.!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogallo
Can you post the contract language that supports your post?

And since WN has the right to outsource around 80% of your maintenance, what’s to stop them from sending the MAX out?

How can they be backing off their demands when there are no negotiations taking place nor scheduled?

Not hostage, just bargain, yes any intermediate check including ETOPS is our work. The first intermediate check on the B737 Max is due in August of 2018. And let's face it Wess ETOPS certification doesn't just happen, it could be up to two years! That's why they intend to use the 800s first for ETOPS. They are still working with the Feds to get the model 6000 HUD certification cat 3 on the Max. That is a multistep process. We are starting to here rumors that the company is starting to back off from some of their ridiculous demands. No one ever gets everything they want. Here is to us all getting a contract in 2018.!!! :)

I’d like to just sit back and read the hopefully civil exchange between you and Tom as understanding AMT language is admittedly not my area of expertise.

BTW reading technical conversations is the real reason I used to like coming to these threads. I’m not an AMT and not even trying to play one on TV.

Why now, WeAAsles? AA has been sending planes overseas for years for heavy maintenance. So why now? Why didn’t they take his step when it first started? Why didn’t they hire Ridge years ago?

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, it is in the realm of possibilities that the TWU is worrying about the loss of more union dues due to posssible increase in outsourcing?

Is the TWU not concerned with sending aircraft to Timco or Haecon Americas because they are US contractors?
Which is more of a concern for the TWU? Security in overseas facilities or job loss?

If I understand, these two maintenance facilites are US companies?

Do they have to pee in the bottle to maintain a USA Business?

Can you post the contract language that supports your post?

And since WN has the right to outsource around 80% of your maintenance, what’s to stop them from sending the MAX out?

How can they be backing off their demands when there are no negotiations taking place nor scheduled?
Here it is not wanting to dominate your threads

Attachments

• SWAMechanicContract2009searchable.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
  • SWAMechanicContract2009searchable.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
All unions if they know they are going to lose something in a new contract, will do something like this, to appear they are doing something. This happens in politics also.

That is exactly the reason these Industrial Unions were formed, politics from the left. It would not surprise me if the Leftists in all of the Industrial Unions would march in support of ANTIFA....

I’d like to just sit back and read the hopefully civil exchange between you and Tom as understanding AMT language is admittedly not my area of expertise.

BTW reading technical conversations is the real reason I used to like coming to these threads. I’m not an AMT and not even trying to play one on TV.

But you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!

That is exactly the reason these Industrial Unions were formed, politics from the left. It would not surprise me if the Leftists in all of the Industrial Unions would march in support of ANTIFA....

Buck I know that you’re an AMT at AA and I’m not an AMT but can you take this stuff up to the Water Cooler before the pigeons start flying down here and pooping all over the place?

It doesn’t take much to get them to land.

Driver,

Article 3 is Scope??

Question: What is the title of the intermediate check in your CBA, as it’s not listed in you Scope as that?

Question: Is this check have to be done in a hangar, if so line or base?

Question: You CBA states if they don’t have the facility or qualified personnel they can outsource it?

In regards to ETOPS.

Question: You CBA states if work wasn’t done previously at that location they can outsource it, so since HNL never had mechanics and never did an ETOPS check they can farm it out?

Question: Since next WN location or mechanic has never done an ETOPS check, can they farm it out?

Last edited: