Aircraft maint issues

Thanks for the reply.
Anytime. If we get anymore info that we are allowed to pass on I will. But I assure you that SWA is not happy with the FAA involved with the investigations. Right now there is a bad light on SWA and I hope it is only temporary and goes away soon.

Anytime. If we get anymore info that we are allowed to pass on I will. But I assure you that SWA is not happy with the FAA involved with the investigations. Right now there is a bad light on SWA and I hope it is only temporary and goes away soon.
The sad thing Swampy whoever's idea this was in the law firm or our Union to put press on our company all this did was make the FAA come after our mechanics and inspectors, because with our paperwork someone is going to miss something. Good job AMFA, bring the government into our lives. Oh well maybe we get a contract, and it will all go away.

This worthless ASSociation is not going to get us a contract until NOV.
That is what the tea leafs say.

Nov. of what year? I heard Peterson was already back home yesterday! All I keep hearing the fight is out of us because of the raise! Bull ****! The union does things half a$$. They start something and do continue on. Newsletters video updates. The one thing they are good at is keeping us in the dark! I Know I Know MISTER YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!

I keep seeing articles how the pilots group are being disrespected by the company not giving them their fair share in the profit sharing. The mechanics group has always been disrespected by the company. They don’t acknowledge the importance of knowing how to repair these high tech machines. I want a contract that acknowledge the huge part we play in keeping the public and crews safe. The union needs to put articles out in the USA Today and Wall Street journal to let the flying public know who works on their aircraft. If the company is not serious about what we do then it is time for us to show them. Work smart and safe!

Nov. of what year? I heard Peterson was already back home yesterday! All I keep hearing the fight is out of us because of the raise! Bull ****! The union does things half a$$. They start something and do continue on. Newsletters video updates. The one thing they are good at is keeping us in the dark! I Know I Know MISTER YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!

Word out of Negotiations is the company isn't coming off their offer from 6 months ago. They think 5 weeks of vacation is industry leading while UAL is sitting at 7 weeks. The company thinks 5 holidays at time and one half is industry leading. The company thinks earning 5 sick days per year is industry leading. Oddly enough, the company is okay with restoring full pay for the first day. For the guys who like to work doubles, now the company only wants to pay for 15.5 hours instead of 16. This info needs to be put paper, and distributed.

Word out of Negotiations is the company isn't coming off their offer from 6 months ago. They think 5 weeks of vacation is industry leading while UAL is sitting at 7 weeks. The company thinks 5 holidays at time and one half is industry leading. The company thinks earning 5 sick days per year is industry leading. Oddly enough, the company is okay with restoring full pay for the first day. For the guys who like to work doubles, now the company only wants to pay for 15.5 hours instead of 16. This info needs to be put paper, and distributed.
This is what I’ve been saying, no respect! Time to send a wake up call! Follow the paperwork, only have the tools that are required on the minimum tool list. If the card calls out a special tool make them provide them. Stop bending over backwards to make that ETR! Don’t go on road trips. The pilots and flight attendants cry a little and get what they want. We are the most important part of the business. Show them!!!!

Reactions: swamt

The time has come for the NC to start putting this information out to the masses. Maybe, just maybe if the membership were informed as to what the company is up to. It would push them to stick to IAW and strictly adhere to company policies and procedures. It`s time for our leaders to lead instead of hiding behind gag orders and NDAs.

Where is GP? Why has he gone silent since December?
I have wondered that myself, hog. Someone who has been so militant, vocal, producing videos telling the company "they are on notice". You give a guy a new position, a few more bucks and suddenly silence. Makes one wonder...
We too as fleet service have had our pipeline shutdown. Updates and the mood of negotiations were once relayed to the members, albeit a majority of it expressed in opinions. Now, silence...
The silence is deafening!

I keep seeing articles how the pilots group are being disrespected by the company not giving them their fair share in the profit sharing. The mechanics group has always been disrespected by the company. They don’t acknowledge the importance of knowing how to repair these high tech machines. I want a contract that acknowledge the huge part we play in keeping the public and crews safe. The union needs to put articles out in the USA Today and Wall Street journal to let the flying public know who works on their aircraft. If the company is not serious about what we do then it is time for us to show them. Work smart and safe!
That is because academia and the government have been on a decades long smear campaign against blue collar work. After all blue collar does not lend itself well to 100K+ dollar student debts.

How many kids grew up hearing their parents, teachers, government officials tell them go to college and get a good education, otherwise they will be digging ditches or flipping hamburgers for a living. People have been convinced anything that does not require a degree (especially blue collar work) is lesser.

The public does not care because in their eyes you do "lesser" work. They have been conditioned to think that way. That is the unfortunate reality of the situation.

Mike Rowe and Adam Savage have been trying to use their fame to combat this trend but it is an uphill battle.

"If you want the kids' test scores up, bring back band and bring back shop and get kids actually learning stuff instead of teaching them how to take a test," - Adam Savage

"I think the stigmas and stereotypes that keep so many people from pursuing a truly useful skill, begin with the mistaken belief that a four-year degree is somehow superior to all other forms of learning." - Mike Rowe

“We are lending money we don't have to kids who can't pay it back to train them for jobs that no longer exist. That's nuts.” - Mike Rowe

Here is Mike Rowe's foundation website

http://profoundlydisconnected.com/
logo.png

I have wondered that myself, hog. Someone who has been so militant, vocal, producing videos telling the company "they are on notice". You give a guy a new position, a few more bucks and suddenly silence. Makes one wonder...
We too as fleet service have had our pipeline shutdown. Updates and the mood of negotiations were once relayed to the members, albeit a majority of it expressed in opinions. Now, silence...
The silence is deafening!

Vort I think you need to find someone else to get your “word” from?

Just saying.