Aircraft maint issues

Information is power and powerful. In our case the co. was dividing the membership away from supporting the NC in the beginning. Then the NC and AMFA decided get proactive instead of reactive. Doing road shows for the membership to get all the info and how the co. was really nego and creating division within the membership. Well it all worked very well in the NC favor as all members fully support our NC at the table. It drives the co. bonkers now. Once the membership was given the info. of how and what the co. was "really" doing at the table, the pro co. guys quit going to the co. side negotiators offices for their false information and even put 99% of full co. supporters to fully support our nego cmte 100%. A great move by AMFA and our NC. Information is very powerful. I think you guys need to get your NC to do the same as ours did. 1- It will get the membership to fully support their NC, which works wonders at the table. 2- It will get the membership mad as hell if they had "all" the info. and 3- It would more than likely get nego's moving at a quicker pace. Keeping the membership completely in the dark just creates rumors, misinformation, confusion, and restlessness within the membership that will unknowingly cause divide between the NC and the membership which is a very negative process and takes any power away from the NC at the table...

Fyi, FEDEX goes to $57.74 this April 1st. I sent this in before but it didn't get posted

Information is power and powerful. In our case the co. was dividing the membership away from supporting the NC in the beginning. Then the NC and AMFA decided get proactive instead of reactive. Doing road shows for the membership to get all the info and how the co. was really nego and creating division within the membership. Well it all worked very well in the NC favor as all members fully support our NC at the table. It drives the co. bonkers now. Once the membership was given the info. of how and what the co. was "really" doing at the table, the pro co. guys quit going to the co. side negotiators offices for their false information and even put 99% of full co. supporters to fully support our nego cmte 100%. A great move by AMFA and our NC. Information is very powerful. I think you guys need to get your NC to do the same as ours did. 1- It will get the membership to fully support their NC, which works wonders at the table. 2- It will get the membership mad as hell if they had "all" the info. and 3- It would more than likely get nego's moving at a quicker pace. Keeping the membership completely in the dark just creates rumors, misinformation, confusion, and restlessness within the membership that will unknowingly cause divide between the NC and the membership which is a very negative process and takes any power away from the NC at the table...

Yes, information is power. The intentional with holding of information is control. We not only fight with the Company and international. Now we also have to deal with this illegitimate association. Imho the time has come to stop hiding behind NDAs and confidentiality. The membership deserves awnsers .

84F339BF-6584-4B2D-88E0-36E71BD9E31F.jpeg

Why? It “seems” at least like they’re finally getting closer maybe to finishing this?

For the Executive Committee that will be 4 weeks of straight negotiations.

I`ve lost all faith Weez. The tired old act of hiding behind NDAs and refusing to keep the members informed has me about worn out. I`ve supported the NC at both DFW protests. I work strict IAW and encourage my coworkers to do them same. I disseminate information as I get it to our guys that would not otherwise see it. It`s all just getting old.

I`ve lost all faith Weez. The tired old act of hiding behind NDAs and refusing to keep the members informed has me about worn out. I`ve supported the NC at both DFW protests. I work strict IAW and encourage my coworkers to do them same. I disseminate information as I get it to our guys that would not otherwise see it. It`s all just getting old.

I absolutely understand where you’re coming from. But also when we give up is where we give the Company what they want more than anybody else.

On the NDA conversation I can’t recall anyone saying that anything like that was ever signed? And if any were ever signed last July the Company clearly violated it.

We all have opinions on what our guys should do with the information they have and how or if they should put more of it out guaging how we’ll react.

It also could be harmful if when they put it all out there they don’t get the reaction they would prefer from us. It could end the talks.

Fyi, FEDEX goes to $57.74 this April 1st. I sent this in before but it didn't get posted
Yes. I got it. Thank you for the heads up. I am pretty sure our NC is aware that you guys are soon to be nearly at 58 in April. Currently our co. is trying to buy our scope for less than what you guys go to in April.

Yes, information is power. The intentional with holding of information is control. We not only fight with the Company and international. Now we also have to deal with this illegitimate association. Imho the time has come to stop hiding behind NDAs and confidentiality. The membership deserves awnsers .
100% agree with you. I really do think that when you guys get to the T/A day, all hell will break out by the membership. It would be very advisable to have the NC start revealing some of the "biggies" at a gradual pace rather than all of it on T/A day.

I absolutely understand where you’re coming from. But also when we give up is where we give the Company what they want more than anybody else.

On the NDA conversation I can’t recall anyone saying that anything like that was ever signed? And if any were ever signed last July the Company clearly violated it.

We all have opinions on what our guys should do with the information they have and how or if they should put more of it out guaging how we’ll react.

It also could be harmful if when they put it all out there they don’t get the reaction they would prefer from us. It could end the talks.

I`m not giving up Weez. I don't know how, I`m hard headed that way. Just tired and worn out. So much IGM going on at DWH, it makes me sick to my stomach.

We need to know what is being offered. We are getting mixed messages from the union, sometimes negotiations are positive and other times it’s not going anywhere.

I see stewards but they’re in the dark as much as we are. The elected officials are on UB and we never see them.

I see dead people.
Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead.

Back to me: What has changed? In 34 years nothing, new presidents at the Locals it always sounds good in the campaign. Then a member wants to suggests and vote on a change. Most likely what happens is that a coalition from the International squashes the Air Transport Divison.
But that convention was a blast.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

We're all insane as we continue to allow ourselves to be represented by the TWU! We should all be committed!

Don't tell Hackman that. He will get all offended and tell you that there is no future in having an A&P anymore.
That's good money La De Da, you envious of Fed Ex AMTs? That's a good ROI too, especially if one gets free (well, taxpayer paid) La De Da type school money for a dee-gree from the US Gov't for programing check-out computers at the T-Town WalMart chain.

Go right ahead, get a box full of those cheap Snap-Off Chinese tools you told us about, get that US Gov't paper work in for another free (taxpayer paid) ride at Tulsa Tech for the A@P license, since you seem to be on the inside there. Then sign up for a 4 year stint in the US Military (I assume you didn't serve) or work at PimpCo Jet Service for 5 years or so to get required heavy jet experience for the 100g payday you imply is so easy to get with minimum expense, time, or effort.

Maybe you'll get on at Fed Ex after 4-10 years of hard dues and waiting another 5 years to top out, but they don't take many FNGs, especially with Chinese tools. So that 100g payday will be some time, if at all.

Your choices are also limited for non-UNION AMT and a 100g payday, being that you detest anything associated with any UNION, you might be screwed on the 100g's. Delta or Fed-Ex is about it.

Best of luck La De Da, see ya in 5 to 10.

You the man, Walmart will miss you.

PS, get that AA wife on the Gov't AMT program at TT, she's probably tired of humping bags.

Last edited:

Latest posts