Aircraft maint issues

Yes. Sounds easy but, very hard to get hired in with thousands of other applicants trying to do the same. Not trying to sound negative just saying how hard it in to get your resume seen here since the suit against SWA years back from the AACP. Things are very, very different now days as you already know. The days of walking the resume to the hiring crew is over. We can still help, but not like it use to be, just a little more work is required now days.
But yes a great program SWA has is the apprentice program. Get hired in one of the prefered AMFA represented groups as they have first choice for the program, then apply for the program, once your selected you have 2 years to get thru it, then you are a mechanic on probation for the next 6 months (I think) and then you are free. So after about 2.5-3 years you will be a full mechanic, then 5 years to top out...

What is AACP?

Airline ASP Coordination Program?
OOps, my bad. should have been NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored people)
Thx for the correction, LuLu.
The NAACP is nothing but a group of liberals using leftist bullying tactics to push their weight around. They don't give a damn about black people. The only thing they care about is using public smear campaigns to extort money.

They tried that BS against American Airlines just last year if you recall.
I was indicating that there is no reason refer to the color of their skin.

Do I want to PM with No.
I don't know what the hell your talking about.

I never said black anything before you directed a post at me except that the NAACP does not give a damn about black people, whom they proclaim to represent.

I stated the NAACP is a group of liberals using faux charges of racism to extort money, and that is exactly what they are.

Now kindly drop it.

I never said black anything before you directed a post at me except that the NAACP does not give a damn about black people, whom they proclaim to represent.

I stated the NAACP is a group of liberals using faux charges of racism to extort money, and that is exactly what they are.

Now kindly drop it.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

The NAACP is nothing but a group of liberals using leftist bullying tactics to push their weight around. They don't give a damn about black people. The only thing they care about is using public smear campaigns to extort money.

I disagree

Now kindly drop it.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

I disagree
Yes, I already stated I said that.

If you disagree that's fine. You have a right to your opinion but this is not really the place to debate this issue.

If I was the cause of the thread off in the ditch, I apologize I was trying to point out that there is no reason have a special committee because of the color of someones skin.
In Tulsa many yeas ago there were ethnic groups, which held meetings. The Caucasian group was running smooth until a semi famous employee wore a white T-shirt , but under that shirt there was a graphic of a Burning Cross.. The commpany killed the group.. So a Black Congressional Caucas to me is already being racist and perhaps the NAACP.

I don't wish to derail the thread so if you want to discuss this further start a thread or send me a PM.
Now kindly drop it.
You have a right to your opinion but this is not really the place to debate this issue.
If I was the cause of the thread off in the ditch, I apologize
I really have doubts about the sincerity of your apology considering you were asked to stop at least 3 times.
So a Black Congressional Caucas to me is already being racist and perhaps the NAACP.
We all already knew that. Thanks.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczy...-to-employees-and-now-theyre-mad-as-hell.html

Kirby upsetting the United employees. Wasn’t he the same game who helped in the decision to give all employees a 4% raise except AMTs and FSCs
A great way to keep the employees productive. Take the quarterly bonuses away from all, and install a very, very slim chance for someone to get a "chance on winning 100K, 20K and 2K. Yea, this will go over well. Looks to me like a way to destroy productivity and have a massive decrease in perfect attendances.

We are meeting currently and expect an update from the NC towards the end of this week and maybe even Thurs. at the earliest but hopefully prior to getting into the weekend.
Any updates lately on where the maint side is in talks? You all heard of any movement lately on talks?
I also would like to apologise for my assistance in getting this off topic. It was my answer to a post that brought up the NCAAP suit SWA had against it on hiring. So in regards, can someone post the latest or last update from the asso.? I will update after our talks this week, although expecting nothing to change.

GP's tough talk video updates are pretty meaningless without details. We knew immediately what the company wanted from us in the 2003 concessionary debacle so I believe you guys are entitled to know what the compAAny's ILC lacking proposals are.

A great way to keep the employees productive. Take the quarterly bonuses away from all, and install a very, very slim chance for someone to get a "chance on winning 100K, 20K and 2K. Yea, this will go over well. Looks to me like a way to destroy productivity and have a massive decrease in perfect attendances.

“You know how much faster I could fix the airplane when I wanted to then when I didn’t want to?”

-Gordon Bethune

GP's tough talk video updates are pretty meaningless without details. We knew immediately what the company wanted from us in the 2003 concessionary debacle so I believe you guys are entitled to know what the compAAny's ILC lacking proposals are.

I'm just glad our profit sharing checks weren't distributed through the union.