Aircraft maint issues

It makes no sense for a union to handle your finances, including your pension.
Well whenever we get our contract settled our signing bonus or back pay or whatever you want to call it, AMFA said they wanted to oversee the distribution. Because whatever the final outcome is, it will be a percentage of all the whole groups wages, so people that left or retired would get some money because they were there during the contract.This is what the pilots did. So people thinking they will get a big pile of cash, don't realize it will be a percentage distribution based on your time you missed out without a raise.

Congratulations. Good to see SWA move a bit. This means you guys will stay at your current outsourcing levels?

Thx hog. SWA moved, finally. Yes we will remain at current book on outsourcing. Not sure where the economics are as of right now but we will see. Rumors (gotta luv rumors) say we might have a vote soon. My source also has indicated to me that SWA also agreed to full retro, just do not know, all the ins and outs as of yet. I will update as I get it. It seems to be a pretty big move by the co. just waiting for all the pertain info to come. Hope you guys see some movement soon as well, good luck and may we all get new contracts in 2018...

Congratulations. Good to see SWA move a bit. This means you guys will stay at your current outsourcing levels?
Yes stay current, plus offer on the ETOPS and maintenance not currently staffed, wanted to use contractors, and their offer was once a station reaches 74 flights a day , plus 2 ETOPS flights they would agree to staff maintenance there.

Thx hog. SWA moved, finally. Yes we will remain at current book on outsourcing. Not sure where the economics are as of right now but we will see. Rumors (gotta luv rumors) say we might have a vote soon. My source also has indicated to me that SWA also agreed to full retro, just do not know, all the ins and outs as of yet. I will update as I get it. It seems to be a pretty big move by the co. just waiting for all the pertain info to come. Hope you guys see some movement soon as well, good luck and may we all get new contracts in 2018...

How depressing. Sorry hog, I spoke too soon on this one. Nowhere near a vote yet. Seems our newly hired director over labor (McCrady) destroyed that option and our union has suggested to the company that he remain OUT of any future nego's. With all that said here is an outstanding update and more accurate of what really went on during the recent nego's that went pretty late into the night on the 8th.
I still say we will have nothing to vote on before Aug. of 2018 our 6th year plus of negotiations. So sad. Here's the AMFA update;

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #62 Addendum
March 10, 2018 -- No good deed goes unpunished. Your Committee attempted to focus on the positive aspects of this week’s negotiations with Southwest; however, Southwest decided instead to denigrate your Committee even at a time when the parties are closer to a deal than they have been since these negotiations began. The fact the Company cannot seem to alter its path of negative propaganda speaks volumes as to its negotiation playbook. Let us focus on the actual facts from this week.

How depressing. Sorry hog, I spoke too soon on this one. Nowhere near a vote yet. Seems our newly hired director over labor (McCrady) destroyed that option and our union has suggested to the company that he remain OUT of any future nego's. With all that said here is an outstanding update and more accurate of what really went on during the recent nego's that went pretty late into the night on the 8th.
I still say we will have nothing to vote on before Aug. of 2018 our 6th year plus of negotiations. So sad. Here's the AMFA update;

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #62 Addendum
March 10, 2018 -- No good deed goes unpunished. Your Committee attempted to focus on the positive aspects of this week’s negotiations with Southwest; however, Southwest decided instead to denigrate your Committee even at a time when the parties are closer to a deal than they have been since these negotiations began. The fact the Company cannot seem to alter its path of negative propaganda speaks volumes as to its negotiation playbook. Let us focus on the actual facts from this week.

Yeah, I read the updated updated last night. That guy sounds like a real piece of work. The Europeans have it figured out. When they get fed up, they go out and sit on the runways until the company straightens up!! Good luck. Maybe we should start a pool as to who gets a deal first!!

Yeah, I read the updated updated last night. That guy sounds like a real piece of work. The Europeans have it figured out. When they get fed up, they go out and sit on the runways until the company straightens up!! Good luck. Maybe we should start a pool as to who gets a deal first!!

Well, after the first #62 update and the notice that they were still in nego's at 8pm Thurs. night I really thought we would at least maybe have a deal close enough to start finalizing it into a T/A, but McCrady blew that one right off the table. If Mike get's involved, rather in person or behind the scene, I bet we get close in April. Of course that all backfires if the company keeps pulling their propaganda tactics and game playing. At least scope still remains at book, for now...

Good grief, "how this affects Tulsa". Seems all that matters. Getting sick of hearing about Tulsa.
Bigjets has always had a hard-on for Tulsa, little does he know lease returns are the biggest over-time makers
we have. Maybe long term hiring may be affected but for the guys with 25-30 years (about 85% of Tulsa), it's just
a few years of OT to build up their retirement nest eggs. After the years of trying to rid ourselves of the TWU, we now
find ourselves with the ASS. "without a vote". Most of us Tulsa AMFA supporters could give a rats ass to the future of
TULE anymore, it is now IGM time & screw the fools left behind. Everything we told you that would happen with the creation
of the ASS has come to fruition so far, the only thing I did not see coming was the TWU membership telling the IAM to stick their
pension plan where the sun doesn't shine. Looks like another year of 5 holidays & 1/2 pay sick days, but at this point does it
really matter? I will continue to take all the OT I can get & all the while I will be following the manuals to the letter & in a
few years the mass exodus of TULE will begin by a lot of guys who tried to make things better for all, but now it is looking out for
number one time! Can you blame us?

Well, after the first #62 update and the notice that they were still in nego's at 8pm Thurs. night I really thought we would at least maybe have a deal close enough to start finalizing it into a T/A, but McCrady blew that one right off the table. If Mike get's involved, rather in person or behind the scene, I bet we get close in April. Of course that all backfires if the company keeps pulling their propaganda tactics and game playing. At least scope still remains at book, for now...
I think the upper management will not have him there in April, he will show up for photo op, and when our contract is done and voted in , SWA will **** can him.

Bigjets has always had a hard-on for Tulsa, little does he know lease returns are the biggest over-time makers
we have. Maybe long term hiring may be affected but for the guys with 25-30 years (about 85% of Tulsa), it's just
a few years of OT to build up their retirement nest eggs. After the years of trying to rid ourselves of the TWU, we now
find ourselves with the ASS. "without a vote". Most of us Tulsa AMFA supporters could give a rats ass to the future of
TULE anymore, it is now IGM time & screw the fools left behind. Everything we told you that would happen with the creation
of the ASS has come to fruition so far, the only thing I did not see coming was the TWU membership telling the IAM to stick their
pension plan where the sun doesn't shine. Looks like another year of 5 holidays & 1/2 pay sick days, but at this point does it
really matter? I will continue to take all the OT I can get & all the while I will be following the manuals to the letter & in a
few years the mass exodus of TULE will begin by a lot of guys who tried to make things better for all, but now it is looking out for
number one time! Can you blame us?
And once these guys are gone, you can focus on what the line guys want.

I think the upper management will not have him there in April, he will show up for photo op, and when our contract is done and voted in , SWA will **** can him.

It is very obvious that he does not have the Southwest spirit. We will see but I do not see him here past our new contract. He is not about the the employees like our past leaders are, that is for sure. The culture is slowly going away and so sad to see that ...