Aircraft maint issues

It would be explained only if it was offered to you, then they were would be roadshows with the pension people.

So you are confirming that the IAMPF is not going to be offered to the TWU membership?
When the Association asked for and received confirmation that the TWU will assist in protecting the IAMPF, it appears that we have been proffered the IAMPF.
If not then could you tell us where it is written in our new contract?
What are the Road Show schedules?

Last edited:
As a contributing member on this forum, I have personally invited "swamt & B737 driver" to participate in our AA Maintenance forum. Their knowledge concerning the indusrty has been an eye opener.
There are other contributing users that post here that are not in AA or USAir maintenance.

Reactions: B737 driver
Attention Aircraft Maintenance posters, the Fleet service thread was locked today. Expect outsiders to draw us in to their reterec. Just stay on topic and ignore the non relevant stuff. And one more thing. I'm not a moderator but let's not let this thread get to a point where the moderator has to step in and take action.

My problem is that no one can trust anything the TWU, IAM and the Association say or do. The IAMPF is and always will be a threat to our 401k match as long as the IAM is on the property. Even with a JCBA they can agree to a change without membership approval.

I'm glad to see SWA and the AMFA are moving forward in negotiations. We on the other hand are probably going to continue at our usual pace until our current CBA becomes amendable.
Should be an interesting summer 2018.

I said if it’s offered I have no knowledge of if it is or not

So you have no documentation concerning the IAMPF? You do not have the letter from the TWU letting the Association know that the TWU
would help strengthen the IAMPF if neccessary.
I said if it’s offered I have no knowledge of if it is or not

It would help if you came on here to make statements, if you had some knowledge to back them up.
Not just offering an opinion.

Last edited:
It takes the company also to agree.

And yes the Association Agreement proposes it.

No one knows the outcome as retirement is still an open item.

It takes the company also to agree.

And yes the Association Agreement proposes it.

No one knows the outcome as retirement is still an open item.

Why did you say this? It seems that you already know more than you are willing to divulge?

It would be explained only if it was offered to you, then they were would be roadshows with the pension people.

Some of us might need to discuss our retirement or pensions more than one day.

It also seems that you are an Officer or on the negotiation committee?

Is this American Airlines or Southwest Forum?

Just sharing info with all airline mechanics so the industry knows what is really going on. Several years ago AA was lying to their employees about what AMFA was doing elsewhere and what other mechanics were making etc... Thought it would be good to share the unions updates in on going nego's so the airlines would quit lying to their employees about false info at the tables and it worked at AA and it worked at UAL. It's a good thing to know exactly what is really going on in the industry. It would also be better for you guys if AMFA and SWA come to an agreement first, then maybe you guys can leap over us with the ILC. Good luck and hope you guys can leap over us if we get done in April, big IF there though...

Reactions: B737 driver
Why did you say this? It seems that you already know more than you are willing to divulge?

Some of us might need to discuss our retirement or pensions more than one day.

It also seems that you are an Officer or on the negotiation committee?

Buck in the original Association formation agreement it stated that the TWU would basically “ask” the Company to grant us access and pay in to the IAMPF for TWU members.

It also basically says that if the Company didn’t want to include us that we (Our Negotiators) would “Support” the continuation of the IAMPF for “”””IAM”””” Members.

“Support” again does NOT mean “Demand” “Insist” “Hold Firm” or any other term we can think of.

And BTW Rumor has it that the Company still has a say in these talks and might not want to continue on with the IAMPF for anyone at all?

Buck in the original Association formation agreement it stated that the TWU would basically “ask” the Company to grant us access and pay in to the IAMPF for TWU members.

It also basically says that if the Company didn’t want to include us that we (Our Negotiators) would “Support” the continuation of the IAMPF for “”””IAM”””” Members.

“Support” again does NOT mean “Demand” “Insist” “Hold Firm” or any other term we can think of.

And BTW Rumor has it that the Company still has a say in these talks and might not want to continue on with the IAMPF for anyone at all?

I agree with you, however when reality kicks both of us in the Arse and we realize the membership voted for the Association and on the surface the membership does not get Delta or United plus 3% without some increase in the outsourcing of our work. Then there is the TWU membership running in the Blind concerning what the IAM has up it's sleeves. Good Luck

I agree with you, however when reality kicks both of us in the Arse and we realize the membership voted for the Association and on the surface the membership does not get Delta or United plus 3% without some increase in the outsourcing of our work. Then there is the TWU membership running in the Blind concerning what the IAM has up it's sleeves. Good Luck

Buck if there is any increases in outsourcing for either of our groups that for whatever reason is sent back to us and we find that unacceptable, we have a vote to send them back to the table and keep going.

And after seeing that vote of a 95% No before changes on that UAL IBT TA all Union leadership should have taken note of what we will and will not accept at this point in time.

BTW it’s 7% above. Don’t let anyone short change us.

Please refresh my memory and tell me how we voted for the association. I don' remember voting for it.