Aircraft maint issues

Good luck. Keep us in the loop.

Conehead is on top of this crap.
Hog, there's your loop. Hope your nego cmte will take this info in and regress it within.
Current offer does not make us whole so I would expect a NO vote. Will wait for the next monthly meeting and the roadshow to get further info and more accurate details from my union nego cmte. and will update again after wards. Stay tuned for more info.
Good luck fellas in your nego's...

Greed and fear have always worked in the company's favor. We are in the situation we are in right now because there were enough people willing to sell us out for a mere $40K. They took the money then left us with a horrible deal. AA would like that to happen again and Peterson is not open to including a buy out as part of the TA. I pray he holds firm on that. It would actually benefit the company if they would pay those that want to leave and get them off the payroll. They could use the reduced numbers to their advantage. We paid for the last greedy individuals buy out and then they came back and tried to steal our equity. I'm not willing to pay another group of greedy "Me" people and hope Peterson isn't either. Peterson also said he wouldn't bring back a deal like that. It's disgusting listening to 70 year old men talk about wanting their "Early out". I pointed out to a 69 year old guy recently that by no means is this an early out for him. It's an incentive for him to screw the rest of us.

Good post. But let's not forget that GP is not the only negotiator. We hear him on his videos beating his chest like he is the only one that counts.
Does this remind you of another negotiator who was the only one feeding us information? But he too was not the sole voice in negotiations.

Deja vu all over again.

We have an agreement in place. September 12th is the amenable date. We are in early negotiations for improvements that are obscenely overdue. The company will use every trick in the book to get the best deal they can get. The company leaders and negotiators are amoral by design. Having a moral compass is not a trait the company looks for when hiring negotiators. They offer bonuses and packages to get an agreement to pass by as close to one vote as possible and only when it saves them money. Our union negotiators have a tough job. As for those who would piss and moan about not getting a quick pocket full of money, I have no sympathy for them. I will support my union team that is fighting for the long term benifit of all.

I expect shortly the Company will put out another video to try and state their case even after the totally ill received last 2?

Don’t be surprised either if eventually they send something to our homes to try to get our families to bite.

WOW. Super impressed by the MIA Mechanics at the Parker road show here in MIA the other day.

You guys blew me away. BRAVO......

WOW. Super impressed by the MIA Mechanics at the Parker road show here in MIA the other day.

You guys blew me away. BRAVO......

They did a decent job. However I was disappointed they did not let him have it on what we KNOW to not be industry leading items. In a perfect world I would expect EVERY part of the JCBA to be industry leading. Thats just not how it works though. Still, far too many concessionary terms in the company bullet point proposal. The "attrition" and open ended wording are deal breakers for me.

They did a decent job. However I was disappointed they did not let him have it on what we KNOW to not be industry leading items. In a perfect world I would expect EVERY part of the JCBA to be industry leading. Thats just not how it works though. Still, far too many concessionary terms in the company bullet point proposal. The "attrition" and open ended wording are deal breakers for me.

Hog I think they tore him apart. I say again BRAVO.

I'm sure some editing was done for the final cut. I'm sure some stuff was left out for various reasons. Good or bad the turnout appeared to be good.

Agree. They get a "B".
Should have just made a list.

~Vacation ~ we had 7 weeks before = NOT Industry leading
~Profit sharing = Not Industry leading
~401K = Not industry leading, not even as good as our Own Flight Attendants
~Holidays = Not Industry leading
~Signing Bonus, or whatever you want to call it = Embarrassing after 15 years of bankruptcy language
There's more, but someone should have hammered him with those at least.

Hey Kev, Parker said he would let us sign a contract that you guys at Delta have right now. Said the same about United...He gave us those two options and of course the ILC he claims AA has on the table right now.

Definitely impressed with the MIA guys for filling the room and acting professionally. It would have been nice to have hammered Parker and Seymour by going down the list but this is a good start.
Maybe this will carry over to the next town hall and we can build on it like we did with the picketing.

Definitely impressed with the MIA guys for filling the room and acting professionally. It would have been nice to have hammered Parker and Seymour by going down the list but this is a good start.
Maybe this will carry over to the next town hall and we can build on it like we did with the picketing.

That’s the key right there. Show your dissatisfaction but keep it professional. As far as going down the list, they already know that list don’t let them fool you.

Yes, management knows the list but when asked “what’s not industry leading?”, it would have been great to run off several things.
Not knocking the MIA guys and not saying I would have done any better. Just hoping this starts some momentum.

Yes, management knows the list but when asked “what’s not industry leading?”, it would have been great to run off several things.
Not knocking the MIA guys and not saying I would have done any better. Just hoping this starts some momentum.

Good point. And there was another part where I think Parker alluded to the outsourcing doesn’t even save them that much money or something like that, that I would have hit him on.

“If it doesn’t save you that much money than why are you even asking for it”

Good post. But let's not forget that GP is not the only negotiator. We hear him on his videos beating his chest like he is the only one that counts.
Does this remind you of another negotiator who was the only one feeding us information? But he too was not the sole voice in negotiations.

Deja vu all over again.
Unfortunately you may be right.