Aircraft maint issues

They did a decent job. However I was disappointed they did not let him have it on what we KNOW to not be industry leading items. In a perfect world I would expect EVERY part of the JCBA to be industry leading. Thats just not how it works though. Still, far too many concessionary terms in the company bullet point proposal. The "attrition" and open ended wording are deal breakers for me.
ILC or bust. I truely hope you guys will hold out for ILC and I hope you leap frog us...

I know the TWU-IAM association need to make themselves look good, but if Doug is willing to sign either Deltas or UALs contract, call Doug’s bluff and say 7% above one of the two.

It’s time to do something or other then complain about AA negotiators. Seems like Doug made the challenge to the union.

I hear from union rah rah guys that AA stole our pension and retiree medical (we as a union voted that away in 2012) so it wasn’t stolen.

I know the TWU-IAM association need to make themselves look good, but if Doug is willing to sign either Deltas or UALs contract, call Doug’s bluff and say 7% above one of the two.

It’s time to do something or other then complain about AA negotiators. Seems like Doug made the challenge to the union.

I hear from union rah rah guys that AA stole our pension and retiree medical (we as a union voted that away in 2012) so it wasn’t stolen.
I voted no in 2012 and 2003 but most people I know on the line voted no. It was a sham bk so yes they stole our pension.

I voted no in 2012 and 2003 but most people I know on the line voted no. It was a sham bk so yes they stole our pension.

Yes you and I both voted no, but we are in a union and the majority voted yes. So there for OUR UNION voted for the 2012 contract.

Just like now the AFW guys voted NO in 2010, but now complain about line pay being as much as it should, they voted that down in 2010. Just so you all know, that is $40k in line pay alone we have each given the company in savings. Another brilliant move from the AMT think tank.

I think collectively we are stuck in the 2010 mindset of, restore and more. The big thinkers of the day said, send them back we will get a better deal, well 8 years later, AA get everything they wanted out of the contract and we got nothing for it. That is some great thinking from the loudest guys in the break room.

Yes you and I both voted no, but we are in a union and the majority voted yes. So there for OUR UNION voted for the 2012 contract.

Just like now the AFW guys voted NO in 2010, but now complain about line pay being as much as it should, they voted that down in 2010. Just so you all know, that is $40k in line pay alone we have each given the company in savings. Another brilliant move from the AMT think tank.

I think collectively we are stuck in the 2010 mindset of, restore and more. The big thinkers of the day said, send them back we will get a better deal, well 8 years later, AA get everything they wanted out of the contract and we got nothing for it. That is some great thinking from the loudest guys in the break room.
It comes down to what you can get in reality, if you relatively keep the numbers of mechanics, get the pay, and guys can make their overtime, get some money for the old guys , it will usually pass regardless what people in the break room say.

Allegiant gets what it deserves, one of the reasons AA ended the relationship with Allegiant was they
abused our on-base hospitality. Their staff assigned to Tulsa was able to get information on MD-80's
being prepped for lease return & negotiated with the lease company to purchase the cherry-picked
engines, before they were even returned to the lease company. AA wanted to purchase some low-time
jt8's being returned but found out Allegiant had beat them to the punch. Our MD80's still have good airframes
but they need a lot of TLC & a large supply of spare parts, Allegiant bit the hand that could be feeding
them.

It comes down to what you can get in reality, if you relatively keep the numbers of mechanics, get the pay, and guys can make their overtime, get some money for the old guys , it will usually pass regardless what people in the break room say.

My God you sound like such a company boy!!!

My God you sound like such a company boy!!!
What's with you dude, go lick your wounds, that is a fact .Airlines have passed contracts like that for years, including SWA. If you want to argue with me, we will on Swa! Or do you like to hijack other airlines pages?

Reactions: Kev3188

Finally someone tells the truth WE gave the sh$t away by voting yes on the last contract

What's with you dude, go lick your wounds, that is a fact .Airlines have passed contracts like that for years, including SWA. If you want to argue with me, we will on Swa! Or do you like to hijack other airlines pages?
I answered your post which you addressed bigjets quote. So WHO? is hijacking threads? That would be you Driver. You are the one coming here with the SWA stuff. I simply give the nego's updates for the AA'ers that are following them and leave itg alone.

I answered your post which you addressed bigjets quote. So WHO? is hijacking threads? That would be you Driver. You are the one coming here with the SWA stuff. I simply give the nego's updates for the AA'ers that are following them and leave itg alone.
No you are using to personally attack me, we have nothing to say. I was commenting on why stuff passes, Then on the SWA pages you try to be nice to me, trying to get me to vote "No". Because you are scared of this passing, that's why I have almost no respect for you !!!

Last edited:
I see there is an addendum of sorts on the Negotiations Update Videos on Jetnet.
They posted a comparison chart of some items between LAA, LUS, DL and United.
No chart about Profit Sharing, Medical and other things though.

Latest posts