Aircraft maint issues

While the TWU/IAM, Association or the IAM Executive Officer on the Board at United, don't consider Southwest an Airline in our Negotiations, The Lead Premium is going to be
$2.85 if Ratified.

I watched the MIA townhall meeting, I was a bit disappointed that when Doug offered either UAL or Deltas contracts, I’m sure he was referring to Deltas work rules and how much they outsource. The union officials didn’t layout their grievances specifically, for instance saying shift diff, or other contractual items that are not the best in the industry. Saying we deserve the best contract and going for the easy applause line didn’t seem to land the punch it had intended to be. It might have gone a long way for the union guys to say exactly what the hold up with the contract was and see where Doug’s position is at.

I do like the one mech who actually got Doug to say what he would agree to as far as scope goes. He sounded like he was prepared and not just trying to say something to get an applause line.

Making 2.5x for a holiday will put us at about $1000 for the day, there are 6 more holidays this year.

When speaking of health ins. There was a guy who yelled out AA made billions last year, just pay for it. That sounds like a guy who ran out and bought a BMW and a 4000sq ft house right after we got our 2001 raise, right after 9/11. Not exactly a deep thinker. We shouldn’t be taking financial advice from anybody who NEEDS to work OT.

Listening to GP say the hell with the share holders and we are going to take back our company. Well that’s just sad.

I watched the MIA townhall meeting, I was a bit disappointed that when Doug offered either UAL or Deltas contracts, I’m sure he was referring to Deltas work rules and how much they outsource. The union officials didn’t layout their grievances specifically, for instance saying shift diff, or other contractual items that are not the best in the industry. Saying we deserve the best contract and going for the easy applause line didn’t seem to land the punch it had intended to be. It might have gone a long way for the union guys to say exactly what the hold up with the contract was and see where Doug’s position is at.

I do like the one mech who actually got Doug to say what he would agree to as far as scope goes. He sounded like he was prepared and not just trying to say something to get an applause line.

Making 2.5x for a holiday will put us at about $1000 for the day, there are 6 more holidays this year.

When speaking of health ins. There was a guy who yelled out AA made billions last year, just pay for it. That sounds like a guy who ran out and bought a BMW and a 4000sq ft house right after we got our 2001 raise, right after 9/11. Not exactly a deep thinker. We shouldn’t be taking financial advice from anybody who NEEDS to work OT.

Listening to GP say the hell with the share holders and we are going to take back our company. Well that’s just sad.
I never base my life on overtime, most of my overtime goes toward retirement, or getting out of debt. I would like to see you guys at least on par with your IAM counterparts, with their work rules. Here's to you guys getting a decent offer sometime soon.

Reactions: Kev3188

Whoa! Hadn’t heard about that one!

I watched the MIA townhall meeting, I was a bit disappointed that when Doug offered either UAL or Deltas contracts, I’m sure he was referring to Deltas work rules and how much they outsource.

I’m not sure DL outsources near what people think. We keep bringing work back, do a ton of work for other carriers, and continue to open new stations.

Agree with you 110% about not taking $$& advice from an OT addict, though...

While the TWU/IAM, Association or the IAM Executive Officer on the Board at United, don't consider Southwest an Airline in our Negotiations, The Lead Premium is going to be
$2.85 if Ratified.

Not sure if I am reading your post correctly, but the current offer we are looking at still puts our lead mechanics at 6% above base mechanics pay. Our current mech. base is 38.59, if current offer gets voted in it will go up 14.8% or 5.72. New base for mechs would be 44.32 ad the 6% lead prem = 2.66 rounded. Not sure where you got the 2.85 unless you were figuring the all in rate plus 6%. Our lead prem is 6% of base not all in rate.
And yes, I have always wondered why none of the legacies ever compare SWA to themselves. Alaska is the only airline that I know of that does use SWA for comparo's.

Not sure if I am reading your post correctly, but the current offer we are looking at still puts our lead mechanics at 6% above base mechanics pay. Our current mech. base is 38.59, if current offer gets voted in it will go up 14.8% or 5.72. New base for mechs would be 44.32 ad the 6% lead prem = 2.66 rounded. Not sure where you got the 2.85 unless you were figuring the all in rate plus 6%. Our lead prem is 6% of base not all in rate.
And yes, I have always wondered why none of the legacies ever compare SWA to themselves. Alaska is the only airline that I know of that does use SWA for comparo's.
My bad I figured the over ride for lead by .05% to high , so it would be $2.66 , not 2.85 my mistake.

I could not agree more, i watched the town hall meeting from philly. Robert Isom says the same thing at all his meetings. I cant understand how the company can just walk away from negotiations without repercussions. I hope my union members can send them a strong wake up call. I plan on doing my part!

I could not agree more, i watched the town hall meeting from philly. Robert Isom says the same thing at all his meetings. I cant understand how the company can just walk away from negotiations without repercussions. I hope my union members can send them a strong wake up call. I plan on doing my part!
That's a very week statement. he sounds lost to me, OR he is playing a game with the company...

The same way SWA walked away from ours over 5 years. Some people would try something, then get a lawsuit, one guy got fired, but he got his job back after 10 months.The problem you have is not everyone participates, such as on the IAM side. Who was it that said they don't want the TWU guys touching the aircraft's logbook in Boston, because of IAW?

My bad I figured the over ride for lead by .05% to high , so it would be $2.66 , not 2.85 my mistake.
No prob. just trying to keep the correct info to the AA'ers. Besides you can't help but be a little confused for how the company is trying to bring it out as a higher % by using the all in rate of % increases. They are still trying to play their games to get a yes vote, but I will tell you this, I am hearing of some No votes. Some are saying this is our last chance to get caught up in full retro that we are owed so we will see how well the RS's do.

No prob. just trying to keep the correct info to the AA'ers. Besides you can't help but be a little confused for how the company is trying to bring it out as a higher % by using the all in rate of % increases. They are still trying to play their games to get a yes vote, but I will tell you this, I am hearing of some No votes. Some are saying this is our last chance to get caught up in full retro that we are owed so we will see how well the RS's do.
Depends on how this stuff comes out, with everything, I think it will pass , like in 2008, but not real high.

Listened to GPs latest video. Good update. I think it’s unrealistic to think we are going to get a more lucrative insurance plan then everybody else. Remember we paid double what the FAs paid prior to 2012, but they went on the basic AA plan during BK. but then again our costs were double what theirs was.

I do want to say, in 20 plus years at AA, I have never had a manager ask me to do anything but follow AMM and GPM so when an AMT does something other then follow the correct procedures, that’s on that AMT. Of course you have to have a reputation of working by the book, ALL THE TIME!!!
And not come by one day and decide to write up everything you find on a TI check in the logbook and think you’re a super mechanic.

Last edited: