Aircraft maint issues

Then start your,card drive dude that's all you guys talk about, pull the trigger. The only reason you are under a bankruptcy contract , because you went bankrupt. Guess what Northwest went bankrupt AMFA was there and lost all the mechanics jobs. AMFA was at United allowed contracted out Heavy maintenance, they were kicked out. You claim the United guys hate the Teamsters, but they have a new contract, Continental, which is with United doesn't have a problem with them. AMFA under Alaska Airlines allowed the Oakland base closed. As far as 10 years or 6 years. It does matter it's my contract I have to live under, And it's my right as a Union member to be upset, when it takes Forever. If you guys want AMFA, then get them . If you never went bankrupt, your contract wouldn't been bad under the TWU. Oh and by the way I have Ex Northwest mechanics on my crew and they hate AMFA.

Lol...if we didn't go bankrupt, our TWU contract wouldn't be bad...

what a joke, the company got more from us in 2003 than if we would've went bankrupt...other than substantial layoffs (TWU don't wanna lose dues) our pay and benes were cut in unprecedented amounts...worse than any carrier in bankruptcy...and that was a "negotiated" deal by the TWU...then the company laid off mechanics going back to 5 years or less seniority.. we still filed bankruptcy in 2013 and the company got the extra job cuts they wanted all along and screwed the TWU even more...that's what they get for making a deal with the devil...

Should've let the company file in 2003, at least we wouldn't have dragged the industry pay and benefits down...industry leading concessions

Reactions: 1AA

what a joke, the company got more from us in 2003 than if we would've went bankrupt...other than substantial layoffs (TWU don't wanna lose dues) our pay and benes were cut in unprecedented amounts...worse than any carrier in bankruptcy...and that was a "negotiated" deal by the TWU...then the company laid off mechanics going back to 5 years or less seniority.. we still filed bankruptcy in 2013 and the company got the extra job cuts they wanted all along and screwed the TWU even more...that's what they get for making a deal with the devil...

Should've let the company file in 2003, at least we wouldn't have dragged the industry pay and benefits down...industry leading concessions

The 2003 cuts were painful for sure, costed me plenty, including a marriage that buckled and failed under the weight of the pay cuts.. And still costing us mekanics yo this day....But, we did get 10 more years of pension accrual. Basically another 1000 a month at retirement. Hell of a price to pay though....

Reactions: swamt
This isn't about a certain type of firearm, just that supporting a left or right position the way your union does.
Part of my issue has always been the way the TWU uses my dues. I know I have the choice in remaining a member or not.
Like I said I am a moderate Republican, I think you should have a right to a firearm, know how to use it. However there needs to be balances, so nut jobs can't get guns.

You might have not filed bankruptcy, However you guys had the downturn from Sept 11th, the loss of 2 aircraft. The Iraq war in 2003. Then the run up of fuel prices from Katrina in 2005. All the way to the economic collapse in 2008. So tell me in that Decade how did you expect not to take pay cuts. Every employee group took paycuts at American. You also had the TWU buyout which dragged you guys down even further. You guys didn't have fuel hedged. Then when the price of oil collapsed from $147 a barrel to $30. If you guys did have any derivatives you were upside down on that. You blame the TWU, that was not the TWU that was bad management decisions. It didn't matter what union you had, you guys were in a losing situation.

The 2003 cuts were painful for sure, costed me plenty, including a marriage that buckled and failed under the weight of the pay cuts.. And still costing us mekanics yo this day....But, we did get 10 more years of pension accrual. Basically another 1000 a month at retirement. Hell of a price to pay though....

We gave up 27k a year in pay and benefits...so add that ur pain and suffering...TWU...The Worst Union

You might have not filed bankruptcy, However you guys had the downturn from Sept 11th, the loss of 2 aircraft. The Iraq war in 2003. Then the run up of fuel prices from Katrina in 2005. All the way to the economic collapse in 2008. So tell me in that Decade how did you expect not to take pay cuts. Every employee group took paycuts at American. You also had the TWU buyout which dragged you guys down even further. You guys didn't have fuel hedged. Then when the price of oil collapsed from $147 a barrel to $30. If you guys did have any derivatives you were upside down on that. You blame the TWU, that was not the TWU that was bad management decisions. It didn't matter what union you had, you guys were in a losing situation.

U must get paid by the TWU...nothing but excuses...ever since 1993 the TWU contracts were horrible...the 1993 contract was 6% for 6.5 yrs...what was the issue then..a solar eclipse...only thing TWU ever cared about is headcount...because that equates to dues...once again, u never know how bad it is...u have AMFA and should be damn happy...no unions perfect, but ur a hell of a lot closer than we are...

U must get paid by the TWU...nothing but excuses...ever since 1993 the TWU contracts were horrible...the 1993 contract was 6% for 6.5 yrs...what was the issue then..a solar eclipse...only thing TWU ever cared about is headcount...because that equates to dues...once again, u never know how bad it is...u have AMFA and should be damn happy...no unions perfect, but ur a hell of a lot closer than we are...
You could had AMFA and the results would've been the same. Bad management equals bad contracts. Or if AMFA did to you what they did at Northwest, and got you guys to strike. American would've declared bankruptcy, contracted all heavy maintenance out, and you would be a line operation carrier. And if you guys panicked and crossed the picket line, then you would still have a crap contract. Or you could be like the poor ex Northwest at Delta Airlines, working in the same hangars with no seniority. I am happy I lucked out and work for Southwest. I turned down jobs with Mc Donnell Douglas , United, and American engine shop, because I wanted to do line maintenance.

You could had AMFA and the results would've been the same. Bad management equals bad contracts. Or if AMFA did to you what they did at Northwest, and got you guys to strike. American would've declared bankruptcy, contracted all heavy maintenance out, and you would be a line operation carrier. And if you guys panicked and crossed the picket line, then you would still have a crap contract. Or you could be like the poor ex Northwest at Delta Airlines, working in the same hangars with no seniority. I am happy I lucked out and work for Southwest. I turned down jobs with Mc Donnell Douglas , United, and American engine shop, because I wanted to do line maintenance.

Well the pilots and flight attendants, didn't experience the cuts like we did....explain that...they have a professional union with quality labor lawyers...we had Little and Co....oh yeah... a line president with a GED

And a lot of layoffs and cuts were negotiated before AMFA took over at Northwest....that's why they voted AMFA in...

Well the pilots and flight attendants, didn't experience the cuts like we did....explain that...they have a professional union with quality labor lawyers...we had Little and Co....oh yeah... a line president with a GED

And a lot of layoffs and cuts were negotiated before AMFA took over at Northwest....that's why they voted AMFA in...
And look what happened to them ! The pilots and F/A still took cuts. So you guys could have voted no, and tried to get a less painful deal. You also could have voted AMFA in then, but the results still had been the same. Let's stop going down memory lane, if you guys want a change then quit talking about it , and do it. You know AMFA history, you also have to realize American is not Southwest Airlines . Just like we have to realize Southwest is not UPS or Fed Ex, why some people want to try to chase a pay scale.

And look what happened to them ! The pilots and F/A still took cuts. So you guys could have voted no, and tried to get a less painful deal. You also could have voted AMFA in then, but the results still had been the same. Let's stop going down memory lane, if you guys want a change then quit talking about it , and do it. You know AMFA history, you also have to realize American is not Southwest Airlines . Just like we have to realize Southwest is not UPS or Fed Ex, why some people want to try to chase a pay scale.

Oh great wise one..yes flt attds and cockpit took cuts, no where near in percentages as TWU...and furthermore why do u think we are always last, in getting a contract...the company laughs at the TWU...they play ball all along with the company and now they're gonna lose heads (dues) ...they're trying to be rough and tough...company union trying to go rogue...lol

Oh great wise one..yes flt attds and cockpit took cuts, no where near in percentages as TWU...and furthermore why do u think we are always last, in getting a contract...the company laughs at the TWU...they play ball all along with the company and now they're gonna lose heads (dues) ...they're trying to be rough and tough...company union trying to go rogue...lol
Then change your situation, or whine about it. You guys will still be talking about it, 10 years from now.