Aircraft maint issues

So are you saying that AMFA would allow you to duck out from paying dues? I highly doubt that.

No that would look like this, "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."

I have reviewed your material before as far back as the 1990's and also was a dues objector
on Agency Fee status and went on "Hand Pay" for many years until I became sick.

That's because we always did less with more, and allowed outsourcing, our group is very small for our fleet size, so the company always paid us well to be able to out source. Believe me I had crap jobs before I just found a better job.

I am speaking directly of wages in this exchange. The point being that my negotiator in the past was the same is it is today an Industrial Union..

Reactions: B737 driver
No that would look like this, "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."

I have reviewed your material before as far back as the 1990's and also was a dues objector

So if you don’t have to pay dues at AMFA how do they pay for their Contract Negotiations or does that explain the 6 years over at SWA?

Contract Negotiations
AMFA hires professionals at the bargaining table to present and utilize their particular expertise. For example, in economic areas AMFA hires a financial expert; in the pension and welfare areas we hire a pension actuary. The contract language is reviewed by AMFA's legal counsel before presenting it to the company. During the course of negotiations, AMFA's legal counsel is present at the table or available by phone, fax, or email depending upon the need. Members have the ability to observe negotiations, which educates the membership and furthers understanding of what it takes to negotiate a contract.

When a contract is submitted to AMFA-represented technician and related members for a vote, the total package is presented. It is not merely a summary or highlights sheet.

Dues
AMFA current dues are two times your base rate of pay, excluding differentials and premiums. For example, if your base pay is $20 per hour, your monthly dues are $40.

I am speaking directly of wages in this exchange. The point being that my negotiator in the past was the same is it is today an Industrial Union..
What you can't stand I won't back down. The truth is in your head that AMFA has spoon fed into your tiny brain, and you can't say anything bad about t
At least we speak the truth. You spew lies and disinformation. It seems to come naturally for you. I wonder how many of your loyal crew members would say the same thing?.
We are on the same page, we are tired of the B. S. THERE is one guy on my crew that absolutely hates AMFA he had to chase a job from ATL to MSP, to Detroit, to Memphis, to Orlando trying to keep his job under AMFA at Northwest, then the strike came and he left. Sorry Buck this is for Crowsfoot and not you. This needs to be about American Airlines , and not an argument over AMFA vs the TWU/ IAM. Hackman could best serve his American Airlines guys figuring out a plan to get a contract that American maintenance can live with . Instead of attacking me, because I don't like what AMFA has become. You American guys need all the help you can get, I will not argue about this on your page.

I never said I don't pay dues, what I said was I was on Agency Fee status and I said I was a Dues Objector

"If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."

You wrote this. You said if you were in AMFA you wouldn’t have to pay dues. You said nothing about an Agency Fee or being a Dues Objector?

So my question is does AMFA let you off the hook that you don’t have to pay anything? Can you be a free rider with AMFA?

What you can't stand I won't back down. The truth is in your head that AMFA has spoon fed into your tiny brain, and you can't say anything bad about t

We are on the same page, we are tired of the B. S. THERE is one guy on my crew that absolutely hates AMFA he had to chase a job from ATL to MSP, to Detroit, to Memphis, to Orlando trying to keep his job under AMFA at Northwest, then the strike came and he left. Sorry Buck this is for Crowsfoot and not you. This needs to be about American Airlines , and not an argument over AMFA vs the TWU/ IAM. Hackman could best serve his American Airlines guys figuring out a plan to get a contract that American maintenance can live with . Instead of attacking me, because I don't like what AMFA has become. You American guys need all the help you can get, I will not argue about this on your page.

driver do you have to pay dues as a member of AMFA and if you don’t pay dues would you face any problems?

Is SWA a closed shop under the RLA?

driver do you have to pay dues as a member of AMFA and if you don’t pay dues would you face any problems?

Is SWA a closed shop under the RLA?
You have to pay dues, or you can op out once a year, and become a dues objector , but you pay a service fee, and you cannot vote on anything. However you can come to the union meetings, but still not vote on anything.

Focusing only on wages means you want to engage in “Fake News” if you’re not going to tell the whole story. SWA paid more because they had multiple built in cost savings to be able to do so. One of which being a ton of outsourcing even prior to those Mechanics first organizing.

"If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."

You wrote this. You said if you were in AMFA you wouldn’t have to pay dues. You said nothing about an Agency Fee or being a Dues Objector?

So my question is does AMFA let you off the hook that you don’t have to pay anything? Can you be a free rider with AMFA?
Try to read it again

You have to pay dues, or you can op out once a year, and become a dues objector , but you pay a service fee, and you cannot vote on anything. However you can come to the union meetings, but still not vote on anything.

So if you chose not to pay anything at all what would happen to you?

Would AMFA inform the Company that you were not paying dues and then would the Company do something to you?

What you can't stand I won't back down. The truth is in your head that AMFA has spoon fed into your tiny brain, and you can't say anything bad about./Quote
I think you are turning goofy, I only tried to get AMFA. as my representitive. If some of you would listen, as I am a mechanic I have been trying to replace the TWU.

Would AMFA inform the Company that you were not paying dues and then would the Company do something to you?

They would fire me under Article 38 of the TWU contract book and I have seen it done.

1. WeAAsles said:

You said:

So are you saying that AMFA would allow you to duck out from paying dues? I highly doubt that.

I was quoting you and paraphasing No that would look like this, > "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."< But I never said anyone would be free of dues.