Aircraft maint issues

They would fire me under Article 38 of the TWU contract book and I have seen it done.

1. WeAAsles said:

You said:

So are you saying that AMFA would allow you to duck out from paying dues? I highly doubt that.

I was quoting you and paraphasing No that would look like this, > "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."< But I never said anyone would be free of dues.

No that would look like this, "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."

I have reviewed your material before as far back as the 1990's and also was a dues objector
on Agency Fee status and went on "Hand Pay" for many years until I became sick.

Still trying to get a straight answer from you on your comment?

Can you work as an AMT under an AMFA Represented Contract for free or would AMFA report to the Company that you had not signed a dues check off card or delivered any dues or money whatsoever and after a predetermined amount of time would the COMPANY FIRE YOU?

So if you chose not to pay anything at all what would happen to you?

Would AMFA inform the Company that you were not paying dues and then would the Company do something to you?
Yes they could but you still have to pay a service fee, which is almost like the dues but cheaper, they still have to represent you, and they can not fine you, if there ever was a strike and you crossed, it's Federal Law.

They would fire me under Article 38 of the TWU contract book and I have seen it done.

1. WeAAsles said:

You said:

So are you saying that AMFA would allow you to duck out from paying dues? I highly doubt that.

I was quoting you and paraphasing No that would look like this, > "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."< But I never said anyone would be free of dues.

No that would look like this, "If I was represented by AMFA I would not have to pay dues."

I have reviewed your material before as far back as the 1990's and also was a dues objector
on Agency Fee status and went on "Hand Pay" for many years until I became sick.
If you read my whole statement Buck, I said that wasn't for you, It posted, couldn't take your comment out. That first statement was for Crowsfoot, I apologize to you Buck.

Can you work as an AMT under an AMFA Represented Contract for free or would AMFA report to the Company that you had not signed a dues check off card or delivered any dues or money whatsoever and after a predetermined amount of time would the COMPANY FIRE YOU?
You would have a choice Weazz pay the dues become a member, or fill out the paperwork and be a dues objector, not a member and pay the service fee, or get sued and get fired, those are your choices under AMFA constitution, you cannot not pay anything, and work at SWA.

You would have a choice Weazz pay the dues become a member, or fill out the paperwork and be a dues objector, not a member and pay the service fee, or get sued and get fired, those are your choices under AMFA constitution, you cannot not pay anything, and work at SWA.

Oh ok. Well that sounds exactly the same as the TWU then. Up to and including how they even calculate the dues. Well Dell was a former TWU AA Mechanic so.

Reactions: B737 driver

YES!

So I was correct, you choose to leave AA and take the layoff, your not a martyr.
No, I am not a martyr, I am still alive. :)

I did choose to leave yes. However American Airlines shut my shop down, choice was irrelevant at that point. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and prepared for it. If I had chose to stay my shop would have only stayed open for a few more months. Taking early layoff is irrelevant, the end result would have been the same.

I chose not to pursue relocation or transfer to another title group that is true. Given the company had slashed pay and benefits why would I? I receive validation I made the right choice everyday I come on here and read these posts.

You left to program computers2w at the Tulsa Wal-Mart or whatever, but you seem to want to come bAAck apparently, with all the time you spend here arguing.
I have considered putting in a transfer to a TULE position and CS'ing half my time off. I think of it like insurance. If one job fails then I still have a full time job. It's insurance that pays YOU. The truth is the only reason I have not is I found being an employee under the TWU stressful and toxic. Unlike many of you I have worked on both the blue and white collar side of American Airlines and I can tell you I found the white collar atmosphere a lot more agreeable,

Sadly, I pity you more La Li.
I did not know we were competing.

Here you are madly arguing with a career field you were never in, with an employer you proudly don't work for any longer. Makes no sense to me, except you must have excessive time to waste.
I am hoping the environment changes at American Airlines. It is sad to come on here and see nothing but pissed off people all the time. Personally I think the situation is engineered. B737 driver stated you would still be here 10 years having this same conversation, and you know what, he was right. Complaining is not problem solving.

I rather my wife work in a pleasant place than a place of pissed of people.

You made the big time La Li, you don't have to be in a pissant UNION anymore
Yet another validation. :D

Thanks for that.

You are deranged.
I am not the one pissed off at the world Hackman. You and I have never had cross words until you initiated them.

As soon as I read this "A libtard wants to live in a fantasy world (in which life is the way they wish it was) as opposed to dealing with life the way it actually is." I figured we were of like mind.

I guess not.

Last edited:
When AMFA wanted to strike NWA, they were not allowed to by the NMB if I recall correctly. The company made sure they had the government in their pocket and the scabs in place before the NMB released them.

Steenlands scab program cost the company upwards of $20 million if I recall and the company filed bankruptcy. Now has joined the airline grave yard.

What would be your plan when the company imposes 50-55% layoffs and a 25% pay cut? Just take it right? Cross the picket line as a scab?

Let us know what the Tulsa brain trusts plan would be.

Prior to the strike and the horrible contract offer. AMFA was asked for concessions like all the other NWA unions, and at NWA pilots ramp FAs unions all accepted concessions but AMFA came up with full pay to the last day, and with Wroble giving AMFA a giant F U, gave AMFA a no win contract forcing the strike, and the mechs walked away from their jobs believing their own rhetoric that they can’t be replaced, and the mechs that accepted those NWA mech positions are now making $51 an hour at delta.

At some point you can’t believe the rhetoric and you have to look at the facts on the ground.

For over a decade the TWU paid twice what the FAs paid for health ins. so now you think we are going to pay less then half for health ins. ?

Listen to the AFW guys talk about working at AFW, lots of OT and I won’t get into the other things about AFW as I’m sure ya’ll can figure the different scams, so basically they choked every last golden egg out of that goose until it died. And the base closed and that work that nobody else can do is now done in Alabama. I’m getting tired of listening to AFW guys say how AA screwed them, it’s our own union screwing them by not letting them exercise their seniority. But then again these XAFW guys are not forced to work at AA.

Wroble is now one of AAs executives

Prior to the strike and the horrible contract offer. AMFA was asked for concessions like all the other NWA unions, and at NWA pilots ramp FAs unions all accepted concessions but AMFA came up with full pay to the last day, and with Wroble giving AMFA a giant F U, gave AMFA a no win contract forcing the strike, and the mechs walked away from their jobs believing their own rhetoric that they can’t be replaced, and the mechs that accepted those NWA mech positions are now making $51 an hour at delta.

At some point you can’t believe the rhetoric and you have to look at the facts on the ground.

For over a decade the TWU paid twice what the FAs paid for health ins. so now you think we are going to pay less then half for health ins. ?

Listen to the AFW guys talk about working at AFW, lots of OT and I won’t get into the other things about AFW as I’m sure ya’ll can figure the different scams, so basically they choked every last golden egg out of that goose until it died. And the base closed and that work that nobody else can do is now done in Alabama. I’m getting tired of listening to AFW guys say how AA screwed them, it’s our own union screwing them by not letting them exercise their seniority. But then again these XAFW guys are not forced to work at AA.

Wroble is now one of AAs executives
But it wasn't planned and AMFA didn't know anything about it. Over in SWA land AMFA has put out update #66 explaining why we still don't have a T/A, blaming the company again. Playing the same song for the last 6 years. I predict a torch and pitch fork campaign is coming soon from this membership.

No, I am not a martyr, I am still alive. :)

I did choose to leave yes. However American Airlines shut my shop down, choice was irrelevant at that point. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and prepared for it. If I had chose to stay my shop would have only stayed open for a few more months. Taking early layoff is irrelevant, the end result would have been the same.

I chose not to pursue relocation or transfer to another title group that is true. Given the company had slashed pay and benefits why would I? I receive validation I made the right choice everyday I come on here and read these posts.

I have considered putting in a transfer to a TULE position and CS'ing half my time off. I think of it like insurance. If one job fails then I still have a full time job. It's insurance that pays YOU. The truth is the only reason I have not is I found being an employee under the TWU stressful and toxic. Unlike many of you I have worked on both the blue and white collar side of American Airlines and I can tell you I found the white collar atmosphere a lot more agreeable,

I did not know we were competing.

I am hoping the environment changes at American Airlines. It is sad to come on here and see nothing but pissed off people all the time. Personally I think the situation is engineered. B737 driver stated you would still be here 10 years having this same conversation, and you know what, he was right. Complaining is not problem solving.

I rather my wife work in a pleasant place than a place of pissed of people.

Yet another validation. :D

Thanks for that.

I am not the one pissed off at the world Hackman. You and I have never had cross words until you initiated them.

As soon as I read this "A libtard wants to live in a fantasy world (in which life is the way they wish it was) as opposed to dealing with life the way it actually is." I figured we were of like mind.

I guess not.
"No, I am not a martyr, I am still alive. :)" You sure acted like a pseudo martyr La Li. You stated how you got laid off and then tried to tie that in with your bias UNION hatred when I stated you were an outsider on this AMT thread. It was the benevolent company that closed your shop. not the UNION.

"I did choose to leave yes. However American Airlines shut my shop down, choice was irrelevant at that point. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and prepared for it. If I had chose to stay my shop would have only stayed open for a few more months. Taking early layoff is irrelevant, the end result would have been the same." You choose to take the lay off, instead of transferring to another station out of TULE. No matter how you quantify it, you left. Don't know what a "early layoff" is. Don't care about your life story either. However, it's some what disturbing to me that you are demented enough to waste time on the AMT thread your not part of and the AA board to constantly throw out your vitriol and dissent against those of us working here. Your AA wife doesn't post here (I assume), why not? I hope she isn't a UNION member. That would be turmoil in the La Li house for her.

"The truth is the only reason I have not is I found being an employee under the TWU stressful and toxic. Unlike many of you I have worked on both the blue and white collar side of American Airlines and I can tell you I found the white collar atmosphere a lot more agreeable,"

But of course, you would. The company management likes and endorses the hostile work environment, it was bad for many years. Now it's much worse with DUI Doug Parker and his band of merry misfits. Look at how horrible US Air, Northwest, and America West management treated it's employees over the years. DUI Doug states in his company propaganda he wants to "chAAnge the culture of distrust" with laughable slogans like "Validate the Trust" and "Team Member". In so far, nothing but lies and empty words. Watch the management back stabbing increase as lay-offs come for them. They eat their own more than we do. Witnessed it for 30 years, only it has gotten worse with AA's fall into the commuter airline status with the new executives pillaging the airline while we have 24 billion in debt. Spending over $1 billion on a new massive "Parker Place" headquarters while Delta kicks our tail all over the sky. Parker makes double the yearly compensation of Gary Kelly at SWA. Won the lottery...every year since 2014.

"I did not know we were competing." You seem to be trying to do that very thing.
"I rather my wife work in a pleasant place than a place of pissed of people." I would suggest she quit or retire then, and go work with you at your business, it's much better as you stated many times. AA will be in bankruptcy again as soon as the cyclic economy falls with all this debt load and failure to manage this huge airline. That's why no one wanted US Air to merge. We can't compete with Delta, not with this inept management.
"
"Yet another validation. :D
Thanks for that."

Just feeding your big ego, :rolleyes:

"I am not the one pissed off at the world Hackman. You and I have never had cross words until you initiated them."
Wasn't me sir. You conflated my "your an outsider" statement with being in a UNION, as you detest any union. No worries, doesn't bother me. Your pissed off enough to argue here all most daily with the world of AA, when your not employed here anymore. I would like to go interject on your Wal-Mart Computer Programmer BB and state how much I detest you lowly button pushers, and how Indian Computer Programmers are so much better and far cheaper than you are. Would you mind? You should not, right?

I'm mostly a conservative, I don't trust any politicians and I believe in freedom, strong military, and the second amendment. However, I think safety sensitive and dangerous jobs or high profile jobs you can go to federal prison for need specific craft unions to protect the workers from predatory management. You despise anything UNION, all of them, and you seem like sociopath.

Let me know when I can start posting my outsider opinions and vitriol about your career on your Programmer BB site. Should be fun. Later.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
"No, I am not a martyr, I am still alive. :)" You sure acted like a pseudo martyr La Li. You stated how you got laid off and then tried to tie that in with your bias UNION hatred when I stated you were an outsider on this AMT thread. It was the benevolent company that closed your shop. not the UNION.

"I did choose to leave yes. However American Airlines shut my shop down, choice was irrelevant at that point. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and prepared for it. If I had chose to stay my shop would have only stayed open for a few more months. Taking early layoff is irrelevant, the end result would have been the same." You choose to take the lay off, instead of transferring to another station out of TULE. No matter how you quantify it, you left. Don't know what a "early layoff" is. Don't care about your life story either. However, it's some what disturbing to me that you are demented enough to waste time on the AMT thread your not part of and the AA board to constantly throw out your vitriol and dissent against those of us working here. Your AA wife doesn't post here (I assume), why not? I hope she isn't a UNION member. That would be turmoil in the La Li house for her.

"The truth is the only reason I have not is I found being an employee under the TWU stressful and toxic. Unlike many of you I have worked on both the blue and white collar side of American Airlines and I can tell you I found the white collar atmosphere a lot more agreeable,"

But of course, you would. The company management likes and endorses the hostile work environment, it was bad for many years. Now it's much worse with DUI Doug Parker and his band of merry misfits. Look at how horrible US Air, Northwest, and America West management treated it's employees over the years. DUI Doug states in his company propaganda he wants to "chAAnge the culture of distrust" with laughable slogans like "Validate the Trust" and "Team Member". In so far, nothing but lies and empty words. Watch the management back stabbing increase as lay-offs come for them. They eat their own more than we do. Witnessed it for 30 years, only it has gotten worse with AA's fall into the commuter airline status with the new executives pillaging the airline while we have 24 billion in debt. Spending over $1 billion on a new massive "Parker Place" headquarters while Delta kicks our tail all over the sky. Parker makes double the yearly compensation of Gary Kelly at SWA. Won the lottery...every year since 2014.

"I did not know we were competing." You seem to be trying to do that very thing.
"I rather my wife work in a pleasant place than a place of pissed of people." I would suggest she quit or retire then, and go work with you at your business, it's much better as you stated many times. AA will be in bankruptcy again as soon as the cyclic economy falls with all this debt load and failure to manage this huge airline. That's why no one wanted US Air to merge. We can't compete with Delta, not with this inept management.
"
"Yet another validation. :D
Thanks for that."

Just feeding your big ego, :rolleyes:

"I am not the one pissed off at the world Hackman. You and I have never had cross words until you initiated them."
Wasn't me sir. You conflated my "your an outsider" statement with being in a UNION, as you detest any union. No worries, doesn't bother me. Your pissed off enough to argue here all most daily with the world of AA, when your not employed here anymore. I would like to go interject on your Wal-Mart Computer Programmer BB and state how much I detest you lowly button pushers, and how Indian Computer Programmers are so much better and far cheaper than you are. Would you mind? You should not, right?

I'm mostly a conservative, I don't trust any politicians and I believe in freedom, strong military, and the second amendment. However, I think safety sensitive and dangerous jobs or high profile jobs you can go to federal prison for need specific craft unions to protect the workers from predatory management. You despise anything UNION, all of them, and you seem like sociopath.

Let me know when I can start posting my outsider opinions and vitriol about your career on your Programmer BB site. Should be fun. Later.
I see your bitter dialogue continues with La lu, you better sharpen up your resume or get a new union in there so you can get your dream contract. Oh but wait with bankruptcy coming according to you , a new union won't help. We can't compete with Delta, but wait aren't they being run by ex Northwest management, how can those guys make a profit and pay everyone so well. Boy you fun to watch when you blabber on and on.

I see your bitter dialogue continues with La lu, you better sharpen up your resume or get a new union in there so you can get your dream contract. Oh but wait with bankruptcy coming according to you , a new union won't help. We can't compete with Delta, but wait aren't they being run by ex Northwest management, how can those guys make a profit and pay everyone so well. Boy you fun to watch when you blabber on and on.
Well, unfortunately a man that lives on his knees like yourself everything looks bitter, your rose colored glasses have peculiar white stains on them that prevent you from seeing straight Reamster Roy.

What ExNorthwest management is running Delta? Got any names?

You need another tune-up again I guess? You already got your ass kicked and your back for more. Yup, your a Reamster for sure o_Oo_Oo_O

Latest posts