Aircraft maint issues

Seems to be a lot of History in our industry of many different Unions not showing a ton of support for each other's strikes BTW down through the years?

I guess the debate being if one airline was treating its workforce well and another wasn't should a different Union at a different Airline under different circumstances have engaged in a sympathy strike to try and support maybe the betterment of all of us in the industry as a whole?

My question being also about this Association of ours? After the AA JCBA's are done will the two groups work with each other on issues that affect us all or will they just go their separate ways and step back in the room in 5 years or so to start the bargaining process again?

More Pan American World Airways planes were flying Thursday after pilots began crossing picket lines of mechanics and other employees in a week-long strike by the Transport Workers Union (TWU). James B. MacQuarrie, chairman of the Air Line Pilots Association's Pam Am Council, said the decision to return was made ``after weighing the cost of a prolonged strike against the value of those few gains left to be achieved.''

http://m.csmonitor.com/1985/0308/across.html

Good question! With the exception of PanAm, AA was the other airline to join the TWU. The rest of the airline industry was dominated by the IAM. It was a good thing because when the IAM struck the industry in 1966, the The TWU would have had quite a dilemma on their hands because the word STRIKE was and still is alien to them. Unless of course it is against the MTA in NYC.
But in all fairness to the TWU, years later they did print up some t-shirts with the slogan "WILL STRIKE IF PROVOKED" years later. I wonder what the word "provoke" means to the TWU?[/QUOTE]

Just heard that Lombardo kicked the local presidents out of negotiations,
this is not a rumor! The reason you ask?

The Presidents told Lombardo any contract with the IAMPF was DOA!

Lombardo told them the membership wants the IAMPF and kicked them
out of negotiations!

"Note To Lombardo, If You Think You Can You Can Shove The POS
IAMPF Down Our Throats By Saying The Membership Wants It, You
Might Want To Visit The Locals And See For Yourself"

out of negotiations!

I will put up the first $1000.00 to retain a lawyer and file suit to block us being forced into the scam iamnpf.

Reactions: toroshark

out of negotiations!

Can you reveal your source for this information? It would not suprise me in the slightest if this were true. I have believed since the inception of the Association that the IAMPF was the catalyst for the whole deceitful idea of the Association.

If this were true, and I wouldn't doubt it one bit, just remember this......LEGACY AA TWU MEMBERS CAN VOTE DOWN ANY CONTRACT THAT TRIES TO FORCE THIS DOWN OUR THROATS!
We should be very concerned if a deal was made regarding the IAMNPF somehow tied in to any further increase in 401k match or pay increase.....Very concerned we should be.

If this were true, and I wouldn't doubt it one bit, just remember this......LEGACY AA TWU MEMBERS CAN VOTE DOWN ANY CONTRACT THAT TRIES TO FORCE THIS DOWN OUR THROATS!
We should be very concerned if a deal was made regarding the IAMNPF somehow tied in to any further increase in 401k match or pay increase.....Very concerned we should be.

You're assuming we will get to vote!

Executive level negotiations took place in Washington, DC this week. Chief negotiators for the TWU-IAM Associations met with negotiators from American Airlines to advance our discussions in efforts toward concluding our contract discussions.

"All negotiating committee members were fully briefed on the sessions and continue to be involved with input and ongoing language development."

http://www.usaamerger.com/2017/03/31/jcba-negotiations-update-15/

Executive level negotiations took place in Washington, DC this week. Chief negotiators for the TWU-IAM Associations met with negotiators from American Airlines to advance our discussions in efforts toward concluding our contract discussions.

"All negotiating committee members were fully briefed on the sessions and continue to be involved with input and ongoing language development."

http://www.usaamerger.com/2017/03/31/jcba-negotiations-update-15/

Well, that's a relief........smh

Can you reveal your source for this information? It would not suprise me in the slightest if this were true. I have believed since the inception of the Association that the IAMPF was the catalyst for the whole deceitful idea of the Association.

The source of this rumor is more than likely a Fleet Service Clerk out of ORD named Tim Nelson who comes up with all sorts of cockamamie stories and fairie tales and throws them out like Velcro balls onto walls to see which ones stick (Who believes him)

A good nickname for the guy would be Loki.

Latest posts