Aircraft maint issues

I had been informed that the Cabin Service interior position had been assigned to the Maintenance Class and Craft per the NMB?

Perhaps whoever informed me years ago was incorrect? (Irregardless of the fact we no longer perform the work and I’m sure you guys wouldn’t want it anyway)

I thought it was like that for years? Cleaners (and fuelers) were with maintenance at NW, while stock clerks were with the ramp.

I thought it was like that for years? Cleaners (and fuelers) were with maintenance at NW, while stock clerks were with the ramp.

The Cabin Service I’m talking about and what we did in Fleet which was in the Fleet bid was basic cleaning between stopovers. Picking up trash and basic stocking of supplies. And over night ultra cleans.

The Cabin Service I’m talking about and what we did in Fleet which was in the Fleet bid was basic cleaning between stopovers. Picking up trash and basic stocking of supplies. And over night ultra cleans.

I hear ya.

At NW, it meant both what you describe and the deeper cleanings (and washing/polishing) that happened at bases or hangars.

In stations where Cleaners weren’t staffed, the work you describe was performed by the ramp (or agents in cross-utilized stations).

In Tulsa Fleet (TUL) used to clean the aircraft during stopovers. Then they cut Fleet down to a skeleton crew and the flight attendants starting doing it. As far as overnight cleaning, if I remember correctly, that went to the base (TULE), then the airport (TUL), then contractors (probably from some third world country), then the base again. Now there is no more Fleet in TUL or TULE so I imagine contractors are doing the overnight cleaning now. It is also possible Aircraft Cleaners (TULE) are doing it as well. Though before Aircraft Cleaners only cleaned outside of the cabin. Someone currently at the base would have to answer that one.

If overnight cleaning is being done by contractors TWU needs to run their ass off and let the Aircraft Cleaners do that work.

Yes but you can't get what a company is not willing to give you. I guarantee we say no, and piss the mediator off, will be 2 years.

I don’t know about that, in 2008 and 2010 our union negotiators said we will go back into negotiations and get everything we deserve. Bob Owens even made a YouTube video and he explained why the company can give us everything we want.

Well it’s 2018 and we have back even more with nothing in return.

So NO ! You will get nothing from the company that it isn’t prepared to give.

I don’t know about that, in 2008 and 2010 our union negotiators said we will go back into negotiations and get everything we deserve. Bob Owens even made a YouTube video and he explained why the company can give us everything we want.

That's what I was saying. This guy was saying AMFA got all this stuff, they got what the company was willing to give, we didn't really do anything to try to hurt the company.

You don't get what you deserve unless your negotiators are there representing the best possible deal for the membership who pays them. Unfortunately unions today like the TWU, IAM and IBT are looking out for their best financial interest. Regardless of what Bob Owens and company said in a video, the International controls the negotiations.

I hear ya.

At NW, it meant both what you describe and the deeper cleanings (and washing/polishing) that happened at bases or hangars.

In stations where Cleaners weren’t staffed, the work you describe was performed by the ramp (or agents in cross-utilized stations).
At Tulsa Aircraft coming out of Maintenance are cleaned by Mechanics.

You don't get what you deserve unless your negotiators are there representing the best possible deal for the membership who pays them. Unfortunately unions today like the TWU, IAM and IBT are looking out for their best financial interest. Regardless of what Bob Owens and company said in a video, the International controls the negotiations.

I don’t believe that, just for the simple reason that if the international did control negotiations the latest company bullet points would have been in a TA, the international would put it out for a vote and it would pass, and there wouldn’t be an AMP drive in Tulsa, the only pro TWU station.

Hopefully Owens comes out with another chart and video from his basement so he can convince the mouth breathers who feel entitled, to vote no on our next TA so we can wait an additional ten years for a contract offer.

When I think about the $150k plus in cash we have ALL left on the table, I feel better after ranting about it. The only good thing about AFW closing, the AFW guys now wish they had that line pay, vc, and sick time that they so proudly voted down because it wasn’t restore and more, 2 years into the Great Recession.

I don’t believe that, just for the simple reason that if the international did control negotiations the latest company bullet points would have been in a TA, the international would put it out for a vote and it would pass, and there wouldn’t be an AMP drive in Tulsa, the only pro TWU station.

Hopefully Owens comes out with another chart and video from his basement so he can convince the mouth breathers who feel entitled, to vote no on our next TA so we can wait an additional ten years for a contract offer.

When I think about the $150k plus in cash we have ALL left on the table, I feel better after ranting about it. The only good thing about AFW closing, the AFW guys now wish they had that line pay, vc, and sick time that they so proudly voted down because it wasn’t restore and more, 2 years into the Great Recession.
You never make back what you turned down, we have mouth breathers here at SWA also.

Gotta love how they quickly blame the mechanics and fleet guys. I never even heard an ounce of a slow down coming so I blame somewhere else, This was the only article I ever was on it, so I am assuming the company was behind this coming out.
There is an angle to this story. I doubt it is in favor of the Association. There is no slow down or job action going on. Maybe it's a slow day at Forbes. Summer travel is peak season. Maximum flights in the air. Full flights. Operations at full capacity. Less spare aircraft to replace out of service ones. More bags to move. Less ground time to turn a flight. Add weather issues, operational issues ranging from checking in at TSA to boarding gates and aircraft maintenance delays you might think there is a slowdown. When you run at peak levels these issues stand out more pronounced. To say intentionally slowing down as the article states is false. I just don't see it.

Reactions: swamt
There is an angle to this story. I doubt it is in favor of the Association. There is no slow down or job action going on. Maybe it's a slow day at Forbes. Summer travel is peak season. Maximum flights in the air. Full flights. Operations at full capacity. Less spare aircraft to replace out of service ones. More bags to move. Less ground time to turn a flight. Add weather issues, operational issues ranging from checking in at TSA to boarding gates and aircraft maintenance delays you might think there is a slowdown. When you run at peak levels these issues stand out more pronounced. To say intentionally slowing down as the article states is false. I just don't see it.

That's kinda how I read thru it too. I figured there was a mission and there really wasn't a slow down.