Aircraft maint issues

Well, that's a relief........smh

And to answer what you guys heard, no the Negotiators are not directly present in the room now with the Company. They haven't been "kicked out" of anything though. They're just not there directly in that room anymore. But they're still there at the talks.

IMG_2354.PNG

Harry Lombardo gave a speech at the IAM Transportation Conference.

And to answer what you guys heard, no the Negotiators are not directly present in the room now with the Company. They haven't been "kicked out" of anything though. They're just not there directly in that room anymore. But they're still there at the talks.

Kinda like watching a football game huh. Cool.......

Kinda like watching a football game huh. Cool.......

I guess you can look at it that way. But in all Sports players eventually have to sit on the bench to let other people get in the game.

What I mean is between the two groups we have 24 Negotiators. Now if we had to the mix the Association Leaders (let's assume 6 but it could be more) you'd have 30 people with all their opinions, wants and emotions putting in their own personal two cents on everything. I've heard that the Company only has a small team in there?

Don't you think (honestly) it would be very counterproductive to try and (maybe) expedite our outstanding issues with every player out on the field?

I've always thought having 12 and 12 would be counterproductive from day 1. It never should have been more than 6 and 6 IMO.

Last edited:
BTW I think it was originally supposed to be only 6 and 6 but then every Tom, Dick and Harvey wanted to get in on the action so it bumped all the way up to 12.

That's all about personal Politics. What President or AGC wants to try to explain to his members why he's not there or wasn't chosen? How much confidence the next time elections roll around are they going to have in those people if they weren't in those talks?

So yep it's Politics from the ground up that always gets in the way of progress.

I feel saddened that the pilots want a new contract, not because they want a new contract, but because they got a new one 3 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!! and we still haven't gotten one, we are in the 5th year of a bankruptcy contract, I do enjoy my .01 cent shift differential though. Govt workers get 10% shift diff for afternoons.

On a maint issue, review the GPM, a lot has changed, especially the AA fueling manual, lots of big changes recently, each aircraft has different safety notes, so be careful.

I guess you can look at it that way. But in all Sports players eventually have to sit on the bench to let other people get in the game.

What I mean is between the two groups we have 24 Negotiators. Now if we had to the mix the Association Leaders (let's assume 6 but it could be more) you'd have 30 people with all their opinions, wants and emotions putting in their own personal two cents on everything. I've heard that the Company only has a small team in there?

Don't you think (honestly) it would be very counterproductive to try and (maybe) expedite our outstanding issues with every player out on the field?

I've always thought having 12 and 12 would be counterproductive from day 1. It never should have been more than 6 and 6 IMO.
I've always held the belief that the "Association" would be counterproductive from day 1, and the belief is even stronger today...

I've always held the belief that the "Association" would be counterproductive from day 1, and the belief is even stronger today...

Again absolutely. The more people you have involved in things the less counterproductive things wind up being.

But I'm still going to stick with my opinion that we wouldn't be where we are in wages right now without all that Drama we went through.

Executive level negotiations took place in Washington, DC this week. Chief negotiators for the TWU-IAM Associations met with negotiators from American Airlines to advance our discussions in efforts toward concluding our contract discussions.

"All negotiating committee members were fully briefed on the sessions and continue to be involved with input and ongoing language development."

http://www.usaamerger.com/2017/03/31/jcba-negotiations-update-15/

Wow! This update only verifies my post..........our ELECTED representatives are sent
to the corner and told how important they are to the process, as long as they are seen
and not heard.

"How Can You Have Pudding If You Don't Eat Your Meat?"

Wow! This update only verifies my post..........our ELECTED representatives are sent
to the corner and told how important they are to the process, as long as they are seen
and not heard.

"How Can You Have Pudding If You Don't Eat Your Meat?"

charlie BrownVeteran
#8841Mar 31, 2017

Don't mean to sound like a smart a_ _ with this comment so I apologize if some take it that way. But I guess many of you on the twu or AA side is used to quick negotiations. But what I think most of you forget just because the name AA is still around is that the AA you used to work for is gone. You work for US Airways now that decided to keep the AA name. The reason I state this? These negotiations to the IAM and IAM side are going pretty much as expected. This is just how Jerry Glass and his guys negotiate. Ask any break rooms that I have briefed, and they all will tell you that I have said all along about 12-18 months is my opinion for an agreement. June will be the 18th month and I still believe that is possible. If not, I think we will be very close to that date. That is just my opinion, having been through this scenario before. I could be off, but we will see. Good progress was made this past week with the executive team. But your not going to see individual articles t/a,d at this point. That was our job and we got done as much as we could before handing things over. While I'm not in the room, I have been through this before. And I would predict that we the negotiating team will eventually get hit with huge chunks of the contract all at once. While they will go through every remaining article that we didn't get done, they will package many of these articles together. Maybe even all of them. But remember, if it's like it has been before. Your not going to hear of single articles t/a,d in my opinion from this point forward.

Fleet page 443 down if you want to read more.

P. Rez is also one of the Negotiators.

Again absolutely. The more people you have involved in things the less counterproductive things wind up being.

But I'm still going to stick with my opinion that we wouldn't be where we are in wages right now without all that Drama we went through.

Is the letter of agreement that covers our pay increase now part of our current contract?

Latest posts