Aircraft maint issues

I understand that, the problem with an independent union is you have to hire a law firm, and depending on how your employer responded to you during negotiations , how much of your dues money will be spent on legal fees. I highly suggest that if you guys are successful , that you hire the lawfirm SWAPA uses, and not Lee Seham.

You might find this odd, but no matter who is considered the membership will decide.

Reactions: swamt
You might find this odd, but no matter who is considered the membership will decide.
Actually that's how it should be, everytime we brought that up at AMFA, it seems to go nowhere. I am also pretty sure your new union would be more open on a vote talley, after the voting episode we had. Good luck.

Interesting, another aa thread consumed by swa.
Just trying to figure out, maybe if I go to the swa thread, it will be all aa posters on there?

Interesting, another aa thread consumed by swa.
Just trying to figure out, maybe if I go to the swa thread, it will be all aa posters on there?

Ok, so you have to ask why? You obviously have not been here long enough to figure it out. Do your own research to figure it out. And you will see it was one of your own that caused all of this. Carry on brother...

The company doesn't seem to worried about it. I heard we won't get with the mediator till next year.
Is this a rumor or a fact, your good at spreading fear and intimidation. Speculation is different from facts. I wish you the best in your endeavors, but please state facts not "I heard we wont get with mediator till next year"

Ok, so you have to ask why? You obviously have not been here long enough to figure it out. Do your own research to figure it out. And you will see it was one of your own that caused all of this. Carry on brother...

Note the comment “””ONE OF YOUR OWN””” Definition someone who actually works for “””AMERICAN AIRLINES””” or is represented by the “””TWU or IAM”””

This individual has no respect whatsoever for “””AMERICAN AIRLINES””” employees. He comes here considering himself to be the authority on “””AMERICAN AIRLINES””” issues and then proceeds to continually discuss “””SOUTHWEST AIRLINES””” issues when not a single poster has asked him even one question about that Airline.

Besides notice how pretty much no “””AMERICAN AIRLINES””” AMT’s ever responds to him.

Hilarious IMO though how he doesn’t seem to notice anyway.

Chatter on this board and various facebook pages are all in agreement that Sito is holding out all the way to the end on the IAMPF and medical insurance plan on the IAM side. The end might take it to arbitration. That's years from now. So in the meantime we listen to GP rant on You Tube and make excuses putting blame on the company. I said this when the association first popped up in 2015, the Association was created to preserve union dues, save the IAMPF and keep both unions on the property with the help of the AFL-CIO.

Chatter on this board and various facebook pages are all in agreement that Sito is holding out all the way to the end on the IAMPF and medical insurance plan on the IAM side. The end might take it to arbitration. That's years from now. So in the meantime we listen to GP rant on You Tube and make excuses putting blame on the company. I said this when the association first popped up in 2015, the Association was created to preserve union dues, save the IAMPF and keep both unions on the property with the help of the AFL-CIO.

Have you ever wrote this before? I just get this strong feeling of Deja Vu.

SIGN A CARD!!!!!!!

Absolutely false.

At the roadshows Sito specifically stated if the company offers a better retirement option he is totally open to it and not glued to the IAMNPF.

The problem is the company wants to take full monetary value as if all Association members would participate and everyone knows that all won’t.

The IAM will NEVER take this to Arbitration never has and never will.

So when did Facebook members posting become the gospel and reality of negotiations?

Is this a rumor or a fact, your good at spreading fear and intimidation. Speculation is different from facts. I wish you the best in your endeavors, but please state facts not "I heard we wont get with mediator till next year"

I think I know who you are addressing, and yes you hit the nail on the head.
Neither AMFA nor the company has stated that we won't get with the mediator until next year. If someone has already started that one it's in fact a lie. Was has been stated about it so far is the company's VP of Labor relations McCrady has put an email stating something to the affect of, it will be some time before we get to an agreement. I do know one thing that is not a rumor. They have already been looking at and discussing dates and once AMFA gets the survey results back they will set dates again with mediator.
We should know something by no later than mid Oct. on dates (that's just my guess).
Another guess of mine is we should be able to have some dates before end of this year, unless the company is successful in dragging the first meetings out into the new year, but, the mediators are well aware of McCrady's email and attempt to stall out these nego's as his email was sent to the mediators too.