Aircraft maint issues

charlie BrownVeteran
#8841Mar 31, 2017

Don't mean to sound like a smart a_ _ with this comment so I apologize if some take it that way. But I guess many of you on the twu or AA side is used to quick negotiations. But what I think most of you forget just because the name AA is still around is that the AA you used to work for is gone. You work for US Airways now that decided to keep the AA name. The reason I state this? These negotiations to the IAM and IAM side are going pretty much as expected. This is just how Jerry Glass and his guys negotiate. Ask any break rooms that I have briefed, and they all will tell you that I have said all along about 12-18 months is my opinion for an agreement. June will be the 18th month and I still believe that is possible. If not, I think we will be very close to that date. That is just my opinion, having been through this scenario before. I could be off, but we will see. Good progress was made this past week with the executive team. But your not going to see individual articles t/a,d at this point. That was our job and we got done as much as we could before handing things over. While I'm not in the room, I have been through this before. And I would predict that we the negotiating team will eventually get hit with huge chunks of the contract all at once. While they will go through every remaining article that we didn't get done, they will package many of these articles together. Maybe even all of them. But remember, if it's like it has been before. Your not going to hear of single articles t/a,d in my opinion from this point forward.

And this process has been soooooooooo successful in the past!

Is the letter of agreement that covers our pay increase now part of our current contract?

That's something really you should ask your President? I've been "told" it's now part of our contracts and the Company can't touch it?

The reason for the ? is because I've always been someone who believes in the "Get it in writing" Legally with lots of signatures.

Personally though IMO even if the Company could take it back I highly doubt they would because there would be I'm sure one hell of a backlash of Anarchy if they did.

Otherwise for now all I'm positive on is a 2.1% wage increase in September.

That's something really you should ask your President? I've been "told" it's now part of our contracts and the Company can't touch it?

The reason for the ? is because I've always been someone who believes in the "Get it in writing" Legally with lots of signatures.

Personally though IMO even if the Company could take it back I highly doubt they would because there would be I'm sure one hell of a backlash of Anarchy if they did.

Otherwise for now all I'm positive on is a 2.1% wage increase in September.

So if the TA that I fear is coming has language that puts TWU members in the IAMPF and
the language also states "if this is voted down all post 2015 LOA's are also null & void".

Would that satisfy you that it is in writing & would that satisfy you that you had the opportunity
to vote?....................Just Asking

So if the TA that I fear is coming has language that puts TWU members in the IAMPF and
the language also states "if this is voted down all post 2015 LOA's are also null & void".

Would that satisfy you that it is in writing & would that satisfy you that you had the opportunity
to vote?....................Just Asking

That's not going to happen. The reason why is how does that benefit the Company? And besides if there was something like that in there you just might see me join you in a card drive on the Fleet side.

In a perfect world we'll see this (Although I've never thought the World was perfect)

Choice"
Increase in 401k Match
Inclusion in the IAMPF
Both 401k Match and IAMPF

UAL Fleet currently receives the IAMPF and a 3% 401k Match.

Oh and I'm very curious to read how the funding level did last year which isn't out yet. If the funding level dropped again that will/would/should absolutely be a concern.

That's not going to happen. The reason why is how does that benefit the Company? And besides if there was something like that in there you just might see me join you in a card drive on the Fleet side.

In a perfect world we'll see this (Although I've never thought the World was perfect)

Choice"
Increase in 401k Match
Inclusion in the IAMPF
Both 401k Match and IAMPF

UAL Fleet currently receives the IAMPF and a 3% 401k Match.

Oh and I'm very curious to read how the funding level did last year which isn't out yet. If the funding level dropped again that will/would/should absolutely be a concern.

There once was a letter of agreement in the old TWU/AA agreement called the C.R. Smith letter
that was abolished in bankruptcy. That one piece of language was the most powerful document
in the contract. (Im paraphrasing ) In the letter it stated if AA had the facilities TWU members
would do all the work (something like that I do not have a copy).

If in the TA you put a similar letter that states that the IAMPF is only a choice and no TWU member will EVER be forced to join the IAMPF (even in retirement and the next bankruptcy) with solid
language to back it up. Then I could be persuaded to vote for it.

But that will never happen because it does not fit the plan on which the ASS was conceived.

There once was a letter of agreement in the old TWU/AA agreement called the C.R. Smith letter
that was abolished in bankruptcy. That one piece of language was the most powerful document
in the contract. (Im paraphrasing ) In the letter it stated if AA had the facilities TWU members
would do all the work (something like that I do not have a copy).

If in the TA you put a similar letter that states that the IAMPF is only a choice and no TWU member will EVER be forced to join the IAMPF (even in retirement and the next bankruptcy) with solid
language to back it up. Then I could be persuaded to vote for it.

But that will never happen because it does not fit the plan on which the ASS was conceived.

I don't think the ASS was conceived just to dump us in the IAMPF and secure the better retirements of their top leaders. The ASS was conceived for multiple reasons and not also just to make sure people still had good salaries and positions that they wanted to make sure and protect.

How dare you make those accusations about this ASS of ours. (I prefer blond Eastern European *** myself)

(And don't expect that letter you want to come through any time soon either)

And to answer what you guys heard, no the Negotiators are not directly present in the room now with the Company. They haven't been "kicked out" of anything though. They're just not there directly in that room anymore. But they're still there at the talks.
Semantics, interpretation ? The negotiators are no longer in the room sounds like they were pushed aside.

He could sell ice to an Eskimo!!

Why would I ever want to sell ice to Eskimos? # 1 Eskimos certainly don't need ice and # 2 it's freezing in Alaska.

Besides Rog I really don't want to come across as trying to sell you guys anything especially if the product wound up being a complete dud.

When you guys do finally get your product (The JCBA) to decide if you want to buy or not it's up to you 100% to look under the hood and see if it's got a good or hopefully great motor?

I "might" drop in just to ask a curious question or two but that's about it. Besides we'll have our own automobile that we'll have to look over and make a decision on and I'm sure I'll be very busy doing just that.

Does LUS mechs get holiday pay for Good Friday, while we get straight pay for another holiday. Good thing we gave that up in 2003 to save jobs. I think at that time we had 14k mechs at LAA.

Latest posts