Aircraft maint issues

Everyone has their agenda!
And what agenda is that, the fact both our maintenance groups don't have a successful contract. One has a craft union, the other two industrial unions, so maybe it doesn't matter what union you have. It sounds like management doesn't to deal with maintenance until it absolutely has to. However certain people on here think craft unions are the answer to your problems.

And what agenda is that, the fact both our maintenance groups don't have a successful contract. One has a craft union, the other two industrial unions, so maybe it doesn't matter what union you have. It sounds like management doesn't to deal with maintenance until it absolutely has to. However certain people on here think craft unions are the answer to your problems.

And it all comes back to "Which one sucks the least?"

Reactions: swamt

Until we as a group have had enough and push back. It will not matter what organization represents us. As long as guys do favors, use work arounds etc we will continue to get what we get. I see it every single night. All the rhetoric, protests, and write your congressmen events do not cut it. Until flights start getting canceled and the bottom line is impacted things will remain status quo.

Anyone that is not of American Airlines is welcome on this blog. However, there are some that even after being asked to tone down the personal attacks
just cannot help themselves. At least one of those acts like an adult, while the other is a child that cannot keep his promise.

Anyone that is not of American Airlines is welcome on this blog. However, there are some that even after being asked to tone down the personal attacks
just cannot help themselves. At least one of those acts like an adult, while the other is a child that cannot keep his promise.

I’m sorry but why does it seem like you think you are the Grand Poohbah of some of these Airline Forums threads? You’re not.

But how do you quantify a guy who can’t tone down his personal attacks as being an adult but the other isn’t?

I bet the guy that supports your agenda is your adult huh? Lol.

I’m sorry but why does it seem like you think you are the Grand Poohbah of some of these Airline Forums threads? You’re not.

But how do you quantify a guy who can’t tone down his personal attacks as being an adult but the other isn’t?

I bet the guy that supports your agenda is your adult huh? Lol.
Let's face it, we can all go off the tracks an attack, and not act like adults. But in reality we are all in the same boat frustrated trying to get a contract. We can blame our unions, they are not perfect. Then we realize that management is just doing their job trying to pay as little as they have to, to eventually get a deal that will pass, and the unions stay collecting their dues money craft or industrial.

Let's face it, we can all go off the tracks an attack, and not act like adults. But in reality we are all in the same boat frustrated trying to get a contract. We can blame our unions, they are not perfect. Then we realize that management is just doing their job trying to pay as little as they have to, to eventually get a deal that will pass, and the unions stay collecting their dues money craft or industrial.

Thanks for Identifying yourself.

Thanks for Identifying yourself.
What are you talking about, I am not management, never have been. They are going to pay what they know they can get away with to get to 50%, plus one. All they care about is fixed cost. For SWA as an example they have had the same maintenance budget since 2012, minus new hires and people moving up the scale. I have been topped out since 2012,-so the only extra money I get is overtime.

Anyone else disturbed by our new DOM comments? Openly admitting falsifying maintenance records. That is not a good look and certainly unacceptable. The union should call for her removal imho.

https://www.eturbonews.com/240739/h...Fm1nNPG1Q_DMCbWoe1EbWDpR1YdIIG-TIGa_4vn5u4ZPQ

Of course its disturbing, I guess just don't sign for work you haven't completed. Plus, what did the FAA do about it? Nothing. They pressed on and she got promoted, there you go. CYA, no one else will.

What about the other current fiasco where the company is mass piss testing hordes of guys around the system (supposedly) because they miscalculated how many they're supposed to do. So end of year round up a boatload and send them to piss anywhere they can, So much for random.

I assume you guys are no longer meeting with the mediators due to the gov. shutdown.
I see you had dates set for 15-17 of Jan., by any chance are your union nego's meeting with the company without the mediators?
Not sure if we will meet with company on our upcoming nego's if gov is still shutdown. I do know the company has very adamantly denied every request by the union to meet without the mediators present. They have been asked at least a half dozen times and they refuse every time so I do not expect any changes from the company. They will use the gov shutdown as an excuse to just keep dragging this out.
Good luck to you guys. Haven't seen any updates rather you guys were still meeting or not without the mediators. We have meetings this week maybe we will get updated about the upcoming nego sessions for Jan. and I will pass along the info.