Aircraft maint issues

It wasn’t just pulled at the table.

For over a year it’s been the executive committee doing the face to face negotiations and that fact has been public record.

Since March of 2017

http://www.usaamerger.com/

From January 2017... How`s that working out? Never mind, I know union good, company bad.

"The TWU-IAM Association today announced that top level TWU/IAM Association leadership will be joining ongoing joint contract negotiations with American Airlines to expedite outstanding economic issues."

“The time is now for Association members to achieve the fair contract they deserve,” said Association Chair and Vice Chair Sito Pantoja and Harry Lombardo, respectively. “Association Negotiating Committees have been bargaining hard for over a year now and the membership has already enjoyed some of the benefits of their hard work. We have more work to do and we are committed to directing all the Association’s resources, including our direct involvement, to bring these negotiations to conclusion.”

The Associations definition of "expedite" is different than both mine and Webster's... Definition of expedite. transitive verb. 1 : to accelerate the process or progress of : speed up. 2 : to execute promptly.

From January 2017... How`s that working out? Never mind, I know union good, company bad.

"The TWU-IAM Association today announced that top level TWU/IAM Association leadership will be joining ongoing joint contract negotiations with American Airlines to expedite outstanding economic issues."

“The time is now for Association members to achieve the fair contract they deserve,” said Association Chair and Vice Chair Sito Pantoja and Harry Lombardo, respectively. “Association Negotiating Committees have been bargaining hard for over a year now and the membership has already enjoyed some of the benefits of their hard work. We have more work to do and we are committed to directing all the Association’s resources, including our direct involvement, to bring these negotiations to conclusion.”

No excuses. After 2 years if the intention was to “expedite” the Negotiations to a “conclusion” then the intention failed.

No excuses.

It wasn’t just pulled at the table.

For over a year it’s been the executive committee doing the face to face negotiations and that fact has been public record.

Since March of 2017

http://www.usaamerger.com/
Really? Then why did all the regular nego cmte (ALL of them) show up expecting to be at the table in SFO?? It was just pulled before they were to sit at the nego table, read the updates from 514 and 568 Presidents, they were informed after arriving SFO.

Yes really.

They ALL were told to be there and knew negotiations would still be done the same way since 2017.

Briefing for 1-19-19

NEGOTIATIONS: Hi everyone. Hopefully most of you have read the association briefing by now. While it might sound as if not much was accomplished
this past week, at least I feel we made some decent progress. Our executive team made it clear to the two mediators and the company that they wanted to use this past week as well as the next weeks we have scheduled to address the major issues we have outstanding.
Even though full negotiating teams were present, it was still the executive team that met with the mediators and company. The negotiating teams which were in a separate room, were briefed two times each day on what was going on. Those briefs took place at noon, and at the end of the day.

This past week was used mainly to go over the insurance issues and cost. The executive team presented the cost of our insurance programs to the company and mediators. Of course the company had their cost of the insurances that they want us to go to.
When I speak of insurance, yes it means the medical. But also presented was the dental, vision, short term and long term disability etc. While I know that the medical is the biggest issue that we all talk about, all insurances and cost were discussed.

We were also briefed on some financial issues that were discussed. And the length of the contract.

Toward the end of the week, the executive team with the mediators set up the scope agenda to be discussed at the next meeting. The next meeting in FLL, is suppose to be on scope, which if this does happen, should be a interesting week. As many of you have heard me say, scope and insurance, with scope being the biggest are in my opinion the two main issues keeping these talks from concluding. It appears the company is being very picky about what is included in fleet scope. Our first goal with scope is to simply guarantee all work that is being performed today. And then if successful with that, to put language in to grow our scope as the company grows. But the company doesn't even want to guarantee us the work that we are performing today at all locations.
Think about it. This doesn't cost the company one more cent than what it cost them today, since we are already performing this work today. So if that doesn't tell everyone out there just what the company wants to do with our work over time, then you need to wake up. Obviously if they don't want to guarantee what we are doing today, then they want to shrink and take away some portions of that over the period of the contract. We simply can't give up our current work. Work that I remind you we do today under a LUS2014 agreement as the 5th largest carrier, or under a bankrupt TWU agreement. Its not asking too much from now the worlds largest carrier making record profits, for us to be guaranteed that work.

MEDIATION: Just another quick reminder, because many are still confused. Now that the NMB is in control of these talks. When we meet and where we meet, and for how long we meet, is in their control. And yes, again, we could meet without the mediators, but as of now, the company has refused to do this. Our next session again is scheduled for the week of January 28th in Fll.

FACEBOOK: Just a reminder for anyone not on it. I try and get on our clt facebookpage that we started as often as I can, to discuss and answer peoples questions. If your not on it and would like to be, go to " I Am Fleet Service Charlotte NC " make sure you put I Am and not IAM.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEK
Mark Baskett

Yes really.

They ALL were told to be there and knew negotiations would still be done the same way since 2017.

Briefing for 1-19-19

NEGOTIATIONS: Hi everyone. Hopefully most of you have read the association briefing by now. While it might sound as if not much was accomplished
this past week, at least I feel we made some decent progress. Our executive team made it clear to the two mediators and the company that they wanted to use this past week as well as the next weeks we have scheduled to address the major issues we have outstanding.
Even though full negotiating teams were present, it was still the executive team that met with the mediators and company. The negotiating teams which were in a separate room, were briefed two times each day on what was going on. Those briefs took place at noon, and at the end of the day.

This past week was used mainly to go over the insurance issues and cost. The executive team presented the cost of our insurance programs to the company and mediators. Of course the company had their cost of the insurances that they want us to go to.
When I speak of insurance, yes it means the medical. But also presented was the dental, vision, short term and long term disability etc. While I know that the medical is the biggest issue that we all talk about, all insurances and cost were discussed.

We were also briefed on some financial issues that were discussed. And the length of the contract.

Toward the end of the week, the executive team with the mediators set up the scope agenda to be discussed at the next meeting. The next meeting in FLL, is suppose to be on scope, which if this does happen, should be a interesting week. As many of you have heard me say, scope and insurance, with scope being the biggest are in my opinion the two main issues keeping these talks from concluding. It appears the company is being very picky about what is included in fleet scope. Our first goal with scope is to simply guarantee all work that is being performed today. And then if successful with that, to put language in to grow our scope as the company grows. But the company doesn't even want to guarantee us the work that we are performing today at all locations.
Think about it. This doesn't cost the company one more cent than what it cost them today, since we are already performing this work today. So if that doesn't tell everyone out there just what the company wants to do with our work over time, then you need to wake up. Obviously if they don't want to guarantee what we are doing today, then they want to shrink and take away some portions of that over the period of the contract. We simply can't give up our current work. Work that I remind you we do today under a LUS2014 agreement as the 5th largest carrier, or under a bankrupt TWU agreement. Its not asking too much from now the worlds largest carrier making record profits, for us to be guaranteed that work.

MEDIATION: Just another quick reminder, because many are still confused. Now that the NMB is in control of these talks. When we meet and where we meet, and for how long we meet, is in their control. And yes, again, we could meet without the mediators, but as of now, the company has refused to do this. Our next session again is scheduled for the week of January 28th in Fll.

FACEBOOK: Just a reminder for anyone not on it. I try and get on our clt facebookpage that we started as often as I can, to discuss and answer peoples questions. If your not on it and would like to be, go to " I Am Fleet Service Charlotte NC " make sure you put I Am and not IAM.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEK
Mark Baskett

Actually. After further checking. We are both wrong. After going over all updates since Nov 2016 I have found some interesting updates.
Yes I was wrong stating they were recently removed. However it has not been since Jan 2017 it actually (according to the updates) occurred around mid 2017 not Jan. All updates starting mid 2017 indicate "EC" only updates. But it seems as if it was quietly done and no announcement was made that threg NC was removed.
Now, WHY were they removed? 2 years later and still nothing.
Why would the elected NC be removed. Now I would fully understand IF the EC joined the reg NC to help expedite contract talks, but to remove the entire reg NC is absolutely wrong and not fair to the membership at large.
Again I do apologise as I was under the influence that the EC and regNC were working together at the table. I still feel very strong that the membership is not being correctly represented by the international level moving in and removing the elected NC from the table. I guess we will all see what this EC agrees to with the company when the T/A comes out and then everyone will know what was agreed to.
On a second note: If this asso. would give better detailed information there would be no confusion. Lack of communication is a key element to a very organized and strong support from your membership. An uninformed membership is the exact opposite.
I will add this to other threads as well, but please answer why this was done and where was it ever announced in writing that the EC was the only ones at the table?? Again sorry for the confusion and misinformation.

WOW!
514's Update clearly states they were removed from the nego table and only informed after arriving in SFO.
Asso. update (rather Exec Cmte) update tries to make it sound as if the nego cmte are all with them nego but they are not.
Then 568's Update confirms 514's of them all (reg nego cmte from day one) were all fired from the nego table.

Now why is all this happening and why the blind sided shot after the arrival in SFO to all the reg nego cmte?? What is up with this BS??
Two statements from the mediator is of some rather large concern of mine. One she stated that you can never get an agreement with large groups---BS. Been done before for many years at all airlines and all groups.
Second statement that weez brought up and I will add after I post this is she said that the members and the nego cmte should "trust" the Exec Cmte, company and mediators will come to a fair agreement. Then why the removal???
Are you mechanics ok with what just transpired at your nego's? I would think not and would think this will draw out an uproar from the membership. Is this the start of secret nego's behind closed doors again? By kicking out the reg nego cmte, for me, all trust went out the window. I bet you guy will have something to vote on by March sometime (1st Q). Good luck with this guys...
NM I already included weez statement about large groups and trust the Exec Cmte...
If we had AMFA we would have a better update . And there were no signatures on the update our so who knows who was talking. As a mechanic I do not want sito are Alex negotiating our mechanic contract. Alex fleet service sito pissed at the twa seniority. So we have a fleet service and a guy who hates laa mechanics. But it’s our on fault because some do not care enough to sign cards for a mechanics only union. I do not trust the executive cmte even if Samuelson is in there he was elected buy the bus drivers in new York. He has no clue about aircraft Maintenance So don’t trust him either. Good luck at southwest in negotiations

I hear you loud and clear. Those are all the same reasons I too have stated in the past. I'm afraid of all the secret agreements this EC is coming to to get a deal to come out. The EC will be too focussed on getting a deal out quick and will do more harm than good I think.
Thx for the good wishes CH. I want the same for you AA mechs as well. WE start back up this Thurs and I will update afterwards for you guys that follow.
We fought extremely hard to keep our scope and of course that takes time when the co. was wanting to do a total disassemble. I think your scope will take some time too, and I hope you guys can keep your scope as well.
Good luck to all of us for new contracts in 2019...

From Jetnet

The beginning of the peak summer travel season is just four months away, and we’re all gearing up to run a more reliable operation. To ensure we’re prepared, Line Maintenance is hiring more than 250 aviation maintenance technicians (AMTs) in the first half of 2019 to support the increased work being performed throughout the domestic Line Maintenance stations.

Our Line Maintenance team works tirelessly to provide safe and reliable aircraft for our customers and team members every day. Whether performing an overnight Bill of Work, handling a maintenance issue that may arise at the gate or working to fix a problem that may impact aircraft availability, our AMTs ensure we can support all of our daily mainline departures across our network. Filling the current AMT vacancies will amplify the great work the Line Maintenance team currently accomplishes and help strengthen the overall reliability of our operation.

There are AMT positions available at our hubs as well as many of our spoke stations. For interested active team members, the positions and stations will be posted on applicable transfer and/or bid systems, and we encourage you to make your interest known by entering your name on the applicable transfer list. The available positions and requirements for external candidates can be found on aa.com/careers. Recalls and transfers will be honored before hiring external candidates.

Reactions: swamt
From Jetnet

The beginning of the peak summer travel season is just four months away, and we’re all gearing up to run a more reliable operation. To ensure we’re prepared, Line Maintenance is hiring more than 250 aviation maintenance technicians (AMTs) in the first half of 2019 to support the increased work being performed throughout the domestic Line Maintenance stations.

Our Line Maintenance team works tirelessly to provide safe and reliable aircraft for our customers and team members every day. Whether performing an overnight Bill of Work, handling a maintenance issue that may arise at the gate or working to fix a problem that may impact aircraft availability, our AMTs ensure we can support all of our daily mainline departures across our network. Filling the current AMT vacancies will amplify the great work the Line Maintenance team currently accomplishes and help strengthen the overall reliability of our operation.

There are AMT positions available at our hubs as well as many of our spoke stations. For interested active team members, the positions and stations will be posted on applicable transfer and/or bid systems, and we encourage you to make your interest known by entering your name on the applicable transfer list. The available positions and requirements for external candidates can be found on aa.com/careers. Recalls and transfers will be honored before hiring external candidates.

Rogallo spectacular news. Very glad to read this.