Aircraft maint issues

Really try and spin that again. That is the local 591 president not the twu international president on that letter. Even though the local presidents don't have a problem with the AMFA that is not the case with the twu international. We all know that the power is in the international and not the locals. A perfect example is the fact that the twu and the iam internationals are keeping the twu local presidents out of negotiations. This is primarily because the iam does not want them in the room and the twu's priority is the association and not the membership.

Oh you got me bro. You’re a lot smarter than I am.

I guess since Gary P is in the International now and passed the baton over to Gary S, Gary S suddenly decided to turncoat Gary P and put out a joint letter of support with AMFA who everyone knows Gary P I guess now used to support but no longer does?

Really try and spin that again. That is the local 591 president not the twu international president on that letter. Even though the local presidents don't have a problem with the AMFA that is not the case with the twu international. We all know that the power is in the international and not the locals. A perfect example is the fact that the twu and the iam internationals are keeping the twu local presidents out of negotiations. This is primarily because the iam does not want them in the room and the twu's priority is the association and not the membership.
He wouldn't comprehend my response so I just let it go. He just doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Hey weez, both you and GVP tried ram rodding me about the UPS info not being out there for you to be able to confirm what I was posting. You even went to the freight threads and asked the very guy that I am in contact with about the UPS contracts and he, of course, just ignored your question even though you tried to swallow for him to try to get him to answer you, he's not stupid and yes I trust him to the fullest, so hear, eat crow:-
He sent me the info after they tallied the vote count on Feb. 8th. 94% voted with 63% voted to accept the offer at UPS. 782 Yes, 461 No, 32 challenged ballots.

I’m sorry Sir but I’m wondering why I’ve been unable to find any news anywhere on this new vote you guys are in the middle of right now?

Not even a news item anywhere on a second TA?

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...ith.html/RK=2/RS=KcBsItuP18eK1XSb2NC4sF19r68-

TYS!!!

February 9, 2019

Brothers and Sisters,

The Association Executive Committee met with the assigned mediators and a member of the National Mediation Board to gain a better understanding of the remaining open items. The robust dialogue was productive and ensured the meetings would continue throughout the week.

We were able to resolve and TA the M&R/MLS Field Trip guidelines. We addressed the Fleet Crew Chief duties as part of our Classifications and Scope discussions. That section is settled, leaving the remainder of these Articles to be resolved.

In Atlanta next week, we will continue to seek a resolution to the Fleet Service Classifications and Qualifications Articles. We will also refocus next week’s discussions in Atlanta on the open Scope items for all groups.

The Executive Negotiating Committee continues to update the full negotiating committee each step of the way and, foolishly, the Company believes that our members are willing to make Scope concessions that will pay for the pay raises and other gains in this contract. American Airlines must recognize that this membership will not fall for fool’s gold just to reach an agreement and that we have every intention of achieving the best contract in the industry.

Our membership sacrificed through bankruptcies and concessions in order for American to become the world’s largest and most successful airline. The time is now for this membership to be recognized and rewarded for those sacrifices. American Airlines must understand: if it takes a fight to get there, it is a fight they shall have.

Company Executives have spent billions on stock buybacks that enrich themselves and Wall Street. It is an insult they are not willing to spend what it takes to protect our work, health care, retirement benefits and increase our pay.

Company negotiators made it as clear as they could – they want us to concede the work we do. Their proposals and positions at the bargaining table attack every Association classification. They want to eliminate massive numbers of jobs in overhaul maintenance, increase the amount of line maintenance that can be performed by others internationally, decimate the skill and amount of facilities maintenance performed in-house, and vendor out any Fleet work they see fit. Every classification is affected by these draconian Company proposals.

While all the other benefits of our contracts are important, none is more important than the guarantee that our work will be here for us. If you are an Association member reading this message, you are part of this fight. Standing together, we shall prevail!

Future mediation dates scheduled:

• The week of February 11- ATL
  • The week of March 18- DFW
  • The week of April 22- FLL
Fraternally,

Your Association Executive Negotiating Committee

Hey weez, both you and GVP tried ram rodding me about the UPS info not being out there for you to be able to confirm what I was posting. You even went to the freight threads and asked the very guy that I am in contact with about the UPS contracts and he, of course, just ignored your question even though you tried to swallow for him to try to get him to answer you, he's not stupid and yes I trust him to the fullest, so hear, eat crow:-
He sent me the info after they tallied the vote count on Feb. 8th. 94% voted with 63% voted to accept the offer at UPS. 782 Yes, 461 No, 32 challenged ballots.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrEzduJ_l5cGu4AmwtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEydmkwOGRlBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjQwMzdfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1549758217/RO=10/RU=https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2019/02/08/airplane-mechanics-decide-on-new-labor-pact-with.html/RK=2/RS=KcBsItuP18eK1XSb2NC4sF19r68-

TYS!!!

“I tried to swallow” ? Wow you’re a real POS.

I “asked” “where” and “why” we weren’t finding any official news items about this deal.

I now challenge ANY AMT here to go and try to Google and find any information that there was a new deal offered to the “1700” UPS AMT’s?

You’re going to find the Louisville news article and NOTHING more.

Teamsters Local 2727 Webpage is closed and mentions nothing about it. Their Local Facebook pages are also closed so no information.

I looked at some of the Master sites for the Teamsters Negotiations and they too mention NOTHING?

Again I challenge ANYONE to search all over the net and try to find ANYTHING ANYWHERE before this Louisville article that mentions the UPS IBT AMT talks past last October?

I bet even the SWA POS can’t find me NOTHING past that “ONE” poster on the UPS thread?

BTW Field Trips.

February 9, 2019

Brothers and Sisters,

The Association Executive Committee met with the assigned mediators and a member of the National Mediation Board to gain a better understanding of the remaining open items. The robust dialogue was productive and ensured the meetings would continue throughout the week.

We were able to resolve and TA the M&R/MLS Field Trip guidelines. We addressed the Fleet Crew Chief duties as part of our Classifications and Scope discussions. That section is settled, leaving the remainder of these Articles to be resolved.

In Atlanta next week, we will continue to seek a resolution to the Fleet Service Classifications and Qualifications Articles. We will also refocus next week’s discussions in Atlanta on the open Scope items for all groups.

The Executive Negotiating Committee continues to update the full negotiating committee each step of the way and, foolishly, the Company believes that our members are willing to make Scope concessions that will pay for the pay raises and other gains in this contract. American Airlines must recognize that this membership will not fall for fool’s gold just to reach an agreement and that we have every intention of achieving the best contract in the industry.

Our membership sacrificed through bankruptcies and concessions in order for American to become the world’s largest and most successful airline. The time is now for this membership to be recognized and rewarded for those sacrifices. American Airlines must understand: if it takes a fight to get there, it is a fight they shall have.

Company Executives have spent billions on stock buybacks that enrich themselves and Wall Street. It is an insult they are not willing to spend what it takes to protect our work, health care, retirement benefits and increase our pay.

Company negotiators made it as clear as they could – they want us to concede the work we do. Their proposals and positions at the bargaining table attack every Association classification. They want to eliminate massive numbers of jobs in overhaul maintenance, increase the amount of line maintenance that can be performed by others internationally, decimate the skill and amount of facilities maintenance performed in-house, and vendor out any Fleet work they see fit. Every classification is affected by these draconian Company proposals.

While all the other benefits of our contracts are important, none is more important than the guarantee that our work will be here for us. If you are an Association member reading this message, you are part of this fight. Standing together, we shall prevail!

Future mediation dates scheduled:

• The week of February 11- ATL
  • The week of March 18- DFW
  • The week of April 22- FLL
Fraternally,

Your Association Executive Negotiating Committee

I “asked” “where” and “why” we weren’t finding any official news items about this deal.

I now challenge ANY AMT here to go and try to Google and find any information that there was a new deal offered to the “1700” UPS AMT’s?

Teamsters Local 2727 Webpage is closed and mentions nothing about it. Their Local Facebook pages are also closed so no information.

I looked at some of the Master sites for the Teamsters Negotiations and they too mention NOTHING?

Again I challenge ANYONE to search all over the net and try to find ANYTHING ANYWHERE before this Louisville article that mentions the UPS IBT AMT talks past last October?

I bet even the SWA POS can’t find me NOTHING past that “ONE” poster on the UPS thread?
Swampy posted the link on our board I would like to know what Teamsters and UPS management secret is, rejected it in October 2018. Voted a new contract in 4 months and moved on.

"Oh so sorry sir" swallow-swallow "can you go find the info for me please?" more swallowing:
UPS Air Cargo Teamsters Ratify Contract
Right off the front page. With more info on the member page.
Next time try to be a little more patient by waiting for the date (2-8-19) before you go out and TRY to discredit good information for the mechanics in the industry that YOU have no clue about.
Gee no apologise for being wrong and questioning my info as well as the UPS mechanics info. Just, "your a POS" comment.
At least I am man enough to own up to it when I was wrong about info, just ask GVP. Now you know why people do what they do to you.
You just gotta love this stuff man!!! LMFAO!!!

Swampy posted the link on our board I would like to know what Teamsters and UPS management secret is, rejected it in October 2018. Voted a new contract in 4 months and moved on.
As I was told, they wanted better med, retirement, pension, pay and NO teamcare. The company came through with enough to get it to pass. I think the biggies were the med and ret not so much the pay. If I understand correctly the UPS mechs will be at or near 68 top out. Not bad. Now we have another successful contract at UPS to share at the table come March. I Know, I know, they are package haulers, doesn't matter, just like past arbitrators have ruled, same job in the same industry can be used just as our dispatchers and meteorologist did. May have been with the mediator, maybe not arbitration.

As I was told, they wanted better med, retirement, pension, pay and NO teamcare. The company came through with enough to get it to pass. I think the biggies were the med and ret not so much the pay. If I understand correctly the UPS mechs will be at or near 68 top out. Not bad. Now we have another successful contract at UPS to share at the table come March. I Know, I know, they are package haulers, doesn't matter, just like past arbitrators have ruled, same job in the same industry can be used just as our dispatchers and meteorologist did. May have been with the mediator, maybe not arbitration.
It doesn't matter I just wish we had their labor management relationship, and we don't.