Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

"Oh so sorry sir" swallow-swallow "can you go find the info for me please?" more swallowing:
    UPS Air Cargo Teamsters Ratify Contract
    Right off the front page. With more info on the member page.
    Next time try to be a little more patient by waiting for the date (2-8-19) before you go out and TRY to discredit good information for the mechanics in the industry that YOU have no clue about.
    Gee no apologise for being wrong and questioning my info as well as the UPS mechanics info. Just, "your a POS" comment.
    At least I am man enough to own up to it when I was wrong about info, just ask GVP. Now you know why people do what they do to you.
    You just gotta love this stuff man!!! LMFAO!!!

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

As I was told, they wanted better med, retirement, pension, pay and NO teamcare. The company came through with enough to get it to pass. I think the biggies were the med and ret not so much the pay. If I understand correctly the UPS mechs will be at or near 68 top out. Not bad. Now we have another successful contract at UPS to share at the table come March. I Know, I know, they are package haulers, doesn't matter, just like past arbitrators have ruled, same job in the same industry can be used just as our dispatchers and meteorologist did. May have been with the mediator, maybe not arbitration.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

It doesn't matter I just wish we had their labor management relationship, and we don't.

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

Agree completely. We use to have it like that, but, new regime moved in.
    But please don't forget, the UPS guys were same length as us and they got theirs first.
    BTW, for the AA'ers following the industry, I forgot to post latest update for you guys.
    It seems we are both fighting about international outsourcing now. Our co. seems to think that international outsourcing is no big deal. With all the troubles with El Salvador's performance that they were sooooo upset with they pulled out and now all of a sudden they want to do it again. Talk about a flip flop. It just looks like more stall tactics to me.

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #73

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

driver I NEVER said that they didn’t have a deal. I asked “WHY” I can’t find any “official” information anywhere on the news links that said they had a new agreement they would be voting on?

All articles only go back to October?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. swamt

swamt Veteran

Don't try and drag driver into your web. He believed me. Matter fact he knew I was correct before the date so he asked if I have heard about the results so I answered him.
    This is just killing you isn't it weez? It's driving you nuts...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

SWA is in a panic for overhaul space in the United States MRO facility. So they are looking international. Funny they could always use Delta or American.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. swamt

swamt Veteran

I know. And we would get excellent quality maint by their techs. The problem the co. would have is the cost. This co. wants the lowest estimate per hour for labor and I don't think they would want to pay what AA or Delta would charge for their superb maint.

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

It's funny I know Delta and American both have maintenance contracts on both government 737s and 757s. Not to mention their engine shops. I know Donald Trump doesn't have his 757 maintained by El Salvador. At least Aloha is going to do our ETOPS checks in Hawaii.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

The Narrow Body space has recently filled to capacity in Tulsa. I believe there may be space in our Wide Body hangars.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

To all forum users, this page in Aircraft Maintenance Issues sub-forum has "B737 driver" and "swamt in agreement on a few occasions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Hey just trying to get you guys some work, since SWA doesn't do the Heavy Y checks.

13. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

How close are you in your scope language, or are you guys still miles apart?

14. 2ndGENAMT

2ndGENAMT Veteran

We don’t know, we have an industrial union Association.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

Could someone define a Y Check? Tulsa has Light C's 1-3 so far and Heavy C check's with talk of a Heavy 4, One Line .